Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2016, 09:05 PM   #101

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: South Carolina
THOR #2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Dan,

Which arm on the awning did you move and do you have to put it back to its' original position? Also, is this easy enough for my wife to do?

Thanks very much.
If you look at the large arm it has a small silver button that protrudes through a hole. There are several small holes along the main bar where you can change the length of the entire arm. I'm currently out and about but I can send you a close up picture if you like.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:07 PM   #102

Model: ACE 30.2
State: South Carolina
THOR #2915
On the arm you can see little holes. By adjusting them you can tilt your awning. I retracted the awning in the extended and collapsed mode. No issue to report.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1582  

Dan

"Be all that you can be!"
Dan9841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 01:19 AM   #103

Model: 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Michigan
THOR #2780
Thanks for sharing and for the picture. Looking forward to finally using the awning so that it actually provides shade.
Modified w/ a wheelchair lift
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:30 AM   #104

THOR #2780
Just a side note if anyone is interested. We went to a camper show this weekend and I noticed on some of the travel trailers now have slide-outs on the entry side. By doing this the awning will not be able to be adjusted because it will hit the top of the slide-out. I'm not sure why some of the manufacturers did that.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:46 AM   #105

THOR #2780
I know this group or thread is for 2016 ACE 30.2 owners, but I'm making an assumption (and we all know what happens when assume things) that the basic design of the 30.2 model hasn't changed. We have a 2014 unit. My question then, do you find it difficult to change the by-pass valves for the hot water tank? We took ours back to the dealer and had them cut additional holes so we could more easily turn the valves.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:50 AM   #106

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Utah
THOR #2562
Mine is a 2016 and it is a little difficult to reach mine but not horrible. I have a pex crimper and plenty of extra pex so someday I may reroute mine.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:01 AM   #107

THOR #2562
I found some little stick on things at The Container store that are meant to route wires but today I repurposed them for my sunglasses. Works pretty good. I put some in my truck and wife's car too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1607  
Old 03-26-2016, 01:21 AM   #108

THOR #2562
I just found something you guys may want to check on yours. Every one of my fender flares is coming off. They have one screw at the bottom front and back of each one then a thin bead of caulking around the rest. The caulking has separated and the flares are starting to hang out.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:32 AM   #109

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Any ACE 30 owners,

Presently we are still in our rookie season as RV'ers and have a Vegas 24.1, but we are planning on some remodeling including a new garage for the Vegas. So as to prepare for a later upgrade if desired (the ACE 30) I want to be sure the new garage is big enough; soooo anyone know off the top of their head the outside length and height of the ACE 30?

Thanks

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:06 PM   #110
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Doc that info is on Thor''s website: https://thormotorcoach.com/ace/specs/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:52 PM   #111

THOR #2142
Jamie,

Thanks. I am heading over to that website right now.

BTW: Still happy with the Vegas, just planning ahead.

Doc

Old 03-26-2016, 10:25 PM   #112

Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Any ACE 30 owners,

Presently we are still in our rookie season as RV'ers and have a Vegas 24.1, but we are planning on some remodeling including a new garage for the Vegas. So as to prepare for a later upgrade if desired (the ACE 30) I want to be sure the new garage is big enough; soooo anyone know off the top of their head the outside length and height of the ACE 30?

Thanks

Doc
It would be wise to add at least a foot to the official dimensions of your ride. Several feet would be better.

Make sure to allow for anything hanging lower than the garage door from your ceiling.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:48 PM   #113

THOR #2142
Thanks for the info. While picking up the RV from CW in Statesville, popped in and looked at the Ace 29.2, the one with the rear all time QB and the huge "wall side slide", wow!

I hope to see one of the new Vegas or Axis 25.4 I believe with the full time rear QB. But for now, happy with the Vegas 24.1 if I can just complete my "Shower Curtain Rod Mod" (see my saga thread elsewhere this Forum).

Doc

Old 03-26-2016, 11:03 PM   #114

Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Thanks for the info. While picking up the RV from CW in Statesville, popped in and looked at the Ace 29.2, the one with the rear all time QB and the huge "wall side slide", wow!

I hope to see one of the new Vegas or Axis 25.4 I believe with the full time rear QB. But for now, happy with the Vegas 24.1 if I can just complete my "Shower Curtain Rod Mod" (see my saga thread elsewhere this Forum).

Doc
If I had the financial resources and the space I would buils a garage with cat walks above the the RV for roof inspection and maintenance.

Just dreaming.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:31 PM   #115

THOR #2780
Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
I just found something you guys may want to check on yours. Every one of my fender flares is coming off. They have one screw at the bottom front and back of each one then a thin bead of caulking around the rest. The caulking has separated and the flares are starting to hang out.
Thanks for the info West. Just sitting here in the house and looking out at the unit I don't see anything loose with the fender flares. We took our first trip out to Alaska and back and if anything was going to come loose it would have on that trip. Especially when you consider the condition of the "roads" in the Yukon and Northwest territories. I'll be sure to double check them though.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:34 PM   #116

THOR #2780
While I think of it, have any of you looked into a solar windshield screen to keep out the sun? The kind that block and reflect the heat instead of just pulling the curtains.

Thanks
Old 03-27-2016, 09:55 PM   #117

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
Talking we installed eclipse pleated sun shades

We installed eclipse sun shades on our 2015 bunkhouse. They are pleated fabric with a reflective surface. Permanently installs on each side of the windshield. Spring retraction mechanism. We have used them for several years on our cars to help protect from the Florida sun. You can order them online, or from a local distributor. Just one of our many "improvements" to our RV.

Note: I am not affiliated with the product in any way. Just a happy customer.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:03 PM   #118

THOR #2780
ArrV,

Do you have a manufacturer's name so I can look them up? Earlier searches of the web did not reveal much. Glad they work well for you. I'd have to believe your a/c doesn't have to work too hard when you have them pulled. Thanks again for the info.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:42 PM   #119

THOR #3737
Instead of putting your money into a rv garage, you may want to look into a product called rv armor. Comes with a lifetime warranty and is transferable. I saw this product mentioned in another forum, and I am very impressed with the product. Check out rv-armor.com.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:58 PM   #120

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
Eclipse Sun Shades

You can Google eclipse sun shades and will find options. The manufacturer is frequently more expensive than some of the dealers, so check around. We purchased from quality bumper in Arizona based on price. This is a special order so you will need to measure, order, and wait. Ours fit great. Tends to lean a little in the middle if you don't either close the curtains or creatively add a support in the center (easy to do with command hooks). It has been no problem for us and really reduces the heat up front.
South Florida gets very humid, makes everything feel hotter. We installed an additional AC in the master bedroom to keep more comfortable. The 30.2 is really too big for just one AC in our climate.

Tags
2016, 30.2, ace 30.2, advice, thor ace