Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-05-2016, 01:26 PM   #141
WVU

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: West Virginia
THOR #3985
Hello, I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts. We just picked up our ACE 2 weeks ago. Same issues with cleanliness under everything. I have already took apart most every panel and cleaned out with a shopvac. On our first night (day of pickup) using it the heater went out. It was 28 outside so a little cold, later discovered that a blue wire connector had fallen off, fixed now. Cheers!!!

Old 04-06-2016, 12:46 AM   #142

State: South Carolina
THOR #2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU View Post
Hello, I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts. We just picked up our ACE 2 weeks ago. Same issues with cleanliness under everything. I have already took apart most every panel and cleaned out with a shopvac. On our first night (day of pickup) using it the heater went out. It was 28 outside so a little cold, later discovered that a blue wire connector had fallen off, fixed now. Cheers!!!
Welcome to the forum. I am glad that your heater issue was a quick fix. Feel free to ask questions. The folks on here are very helpful. Enjoy your travels.

Dan

"Be all that you can be!"
Dan9841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:38 AM   #143

State: Oregon
THOR #3926
Hi all,
We picked up our new ACE 30.2 on Saturday. PDI went well with only about a page of items to be fixed (mostly cosmetic). Dealer seems very motivated to make all right with the coach. Biggest snafoo was the missing bedroom tv. Apparently a paper work error (not sure if the dealer or Thor). Sales manager took the entire price of the tv off of the price of the coach, told me to buy a tv and they would install it free of charge. Got a much better quality tv for less that half the price.
We have been moving in to the coach and finding the storage is a lot better than we thought it would be.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #144

THOR #2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davet911 View Post
Hi all,
We picked up our new ACE 30.2 on Saturday. PDI went well with only about a page of items to be fixed (mostly cosmetic). Dealer seems very motivated to make all right with the coach. Biggest snafoo was the missing bedroom tv. Apparently a paper work error (not sure if the dealer or Thor). Sales manager took the entire price of the tv off of the price of the coach, told me to buy a tv and they would install it free of charge. Got a much better quality tv for less that half the price.
We have been moving in to the coach and finding the storage is a lot better than we thought it would be.
First I want to congratulate you on your new purchase. Second, could you list some of the things you found during the PDI? When I took delivery I only had a few minor trim issues but they were quickly resolved. Thx

Dan

Old 04-06-2016, 02:39 PM   #145

Model: ACE
State: Maryland
THOR #3709
Let me say that I have learned so much from this forum. It is great to share experiences. Thanks for the assistance with the awning angle and the rubber strip on the bottom of the shower door. Has anyone had any experience with lubricating the full wall slide or the entry stairs?? If so, how often should these things be done??
P.S. My son who is 6.1 loved the suggestion about the end of the sofa for more leg room. My grandson also refers to one of the bunks as "his room". However, he shares the lower bunk with one of our three Cocker Spaniels !
Old 04-06-2016, 03:03 PM   #146

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765

See above for slide lube info. I'll bet there is one on the stair lube too, but I don't have those stairs anymore.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:29 PM   #147

Model: ACE
State: Maryland
THOR #3709
Thanks for the Video Link !

Thanks !
Old 04-07-2016, 12:27 AM   #148

THOR #2915
Went outside last night and tried to turn the TV but it didn't have power running to it. I was a bit puzzled and thought about the RFI switch in the bathroom next to the sink. Pressed that bad boy in and "bam!" it worked again.
Thought I'd share that on the forum in case any of my other ACE owners run into the same problem.

Dan

Old 04-07-2016, 12:46 AM   #149
WVU

THOR #3985
From what I was told, is that any outlet close to a water source or outdoors should be tied into the GFCI outlet located in the bathroom. They should have little white stickers that say GFCI on them, but we all know take that with a grain of salt. Hahaha
Old 04-07-2016, 12:53 AM   #150

THOR #2915
Quote:
From what I was told, is that any outlet close to a water source or outdoors should be tied into the GFCI outlet located in the bathroom. They should have little white stickers that say GFCI on them, but we all know take that with a grain of salt. Hahaha
I'm just happy it worked simple problem fixed

Dan

Old 04-07-2016, 01:02 AM   #151

Model: 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Michigan
THOR #2780
Well guys, after having the leveling system pump go out last year, we now have an issue with our slide-out. It will only go out about 4 inches or so and stops. We've looked for the controller described in the manual and the one Dave posted a picture of, but can't seem to find it. The only thing remotely close to a controller is in the storage area to the left of the entry door and it also states that it is for the leveling system. Right now we're checking the batteries and they are low on water, but that shouldn't have anything to do with. Any suggestions? We are at a campground now and it's just after 9 pm.

Thanks
Modified w/ a wheelchair lift
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:02 AM   #152
WVU

THOR #3985
Question about Rubber Roof - looking for recommendations on cleaner/protector products. Thanks in advance! 👍🏻
Old 04-07-2016, 01:06 AM   #153

THOR #2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Well guys, after having the leveling system pump go out last year, we now have an issue with our slide-out. It will only go out about 4 inches or so and stops. We've looked for the controller described in the manual and the one Dave posted a picture of, but can't seem to find it. The only thing remotely close to a controller is in the storage area to the left of the entry door and it also states that it is for the leveling system. Right now we're checking the batteries and they are low on water, but that shouldn't have anything to do with. Any suggestions? We are at a campground now and it's just after 9 pm.

Thanks
Scott,
Are you still at smith lake? I went there on Monday but didn't see your coach. The control is in the second bay on the left side of the coach. It's a small black box that is mounted pretty high n the inside wall of the storage compartment.

Dan

Old 04-07-2016, 01:10 AM   #154

THOR #2915
Quote:

Thanks
Sorry it's in the 3rd compartment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1726  

Dan

Old 04-07-2016, 01:12 AM   #155
WVU

THOR #3985
Quote:

Thanks
Try the compartment left of next to where you plug in electric & cable the small door I believe has the controller for the slide out. Make sure all wires are plugged in. Also sounds silly but make sure nothing has rolled into the small space back by the bed. My wife had a green tea bottle that I crushed.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:14 AM   #156

THOR #2915
Quote:
Try the compartment left of next to where you plug in electric & cable the small door I believe has the controller for the slide out. Make sure all wires are plugged in. Also sounds silly but make sure nothing has rolled into the small space back by the bed. My wife had a green tea bottle that I crushed.
Yup that's the one

Dan

Old 04-07-2016, 01:57 AM   #157

THOR #2780
Ok, we finally found the slide out controller. We pressed the reset even though no error codes were present. What we have now is the back end of the slide out does not come all the way in. It stays out about 4 inches. We have pushed that end it while retracting the slide out. Once it was in we tried to expand the unit and the front part of the slide out will go out, but the back part doesn't seem to go as fast and the unit then binds up and stops. For now we'll camp with the slide out in.

UGH!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2016, 01:59 AM   #158

THOR #2780
Dan,

We are now back at Smith Lake, but only for tonight.

Scott
Old 04-07-2016, 02:07 AM   #159

THOR #2915
Quote:
Dan,

We are now back at Smith Lake, but only for tonight.

Scott
Sorry to hear about your slide issue. I would have liked to meet you. Safe travels.

Dan

Old 04-07-2016, 02:21 AM   #160

THOR #2915
Quote:
Ok, we finally found the slide out controller. We pressed the reset even though no error codes were present. What we have now is the back end of the slide out does not come all the way in. It stays out about 4 inches. We have pushed that end it while retracting the slide out. Once it was in we tried to expand the unit and the front part of the slide out will go out, but the back part doesn't seem to go as fast and the unit then binds up and stops. For now we'll camp with the slide out in.

UGH!!!!!!!!
Scott,

Take a look at this link
http://www.amlrv.com/site/wp-content...l-override.pdf

Do not force the slide until you unplug the motors from the controller.

Dan

Tags
2016, 30.2, ace 30.2, advice, thor ace