Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2016, 12:58 PM   #181

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: Georgia
THOR #3703
"11. Remote for the dash TV is missing. Dealer denies that there should be one but the owners manual says there should be. Dealer refuses to replace it. The factory radio doesn't work well with iPods at all so I will be switching to a Pioneer anyway. "

We've been told by Thor they do not supply the remote control on the front because it causes issues with the TV. Doesn't make sense to me since it is a DVD player too.

Here the list of issues we've had since pick up. I will say Thor has been great -
Camping World of Byron (GA) will never touch our unit again. After the fourth trip to them to fix the TV and other issues - they've manged to completely disable the exterior TV from the internal antenna and cable system; made the reception on cable even worse and now affects all the TV. Our rear camera system no longer works although they say they never touch it - the work was all around the system.

Loud whistle any time we go over 45 mph**** Not fully resolved but has improved
TV/DVD in bedroom - DVD**
Trim piece loose over dinning table*
Trim piece at sink*
Shower leaked*
Leak around Dr window and slide****
Exterior speaker did not work*
Cable issues on the 2 of the 5 TVs****

*resolved on first service trip
**resolved on second service trip
***nothing resolved though we were told issues were resolved
****4th trip....4 weeks and counting. We've been told all issues whistle and leaks have been resolved, cable tv still is not the switch contacting Thor to replace the cable.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:19 AM   #182

Model: 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Michigan
THOR #2780
Well guys and gals, my wife did some more work regarding our slide-out that won't go out. Thanks to the flowchart Dan supplied earlier she went through the process and the error code says that motor 1 has a short circuit. With that there is nothing left for us to try. The unit will need to be brought in.

While it is back at General RV, we'll have them work on the following;
- the valve on the right side of the water pump won't open
- the storage door under the shower is sagging
- still having issues with the toilet plugging up so have asked them to raise the vent pipe (the service rep. finished my sentence about the vent pipe so I'm thinking they now realize there's an issue with it)
- on 2nd bay door on driver's side screws have broke off a plate in there
- 4th bay door, where electrical cord is at, the weather stripping is bad
- the handle to the TV antennae broke off

Hopefully they can get it all done by Memorial Day.

I apologize, but I can't remember who said it about General RV in Birch Run, MI should do the oil changes. When I went to this store's website they spell out they do nothing related to the chassis, including oil changes. I will look for someone closer when the time gets closer for an oil change.

Thanks for all the feedback, it has been very helpful.
Modified w/ a wheelchair lift
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:56 PM   #183

State: Oregon
THOR #3926
Hey boys and girls.

Still moving into the new coach and doing some work on it as well. Its been at the local CW (Wood village) for a couple of days. I should get it back today. They had installed Roadmaster towing equipment (Invisibrake, tow light system and tow bar brackets) on my 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hard Rock before the coach arrived. They finished up the part of the system that needed to be installed on the coach and tested.
They also installed a full width mudflap, a Maxxfan in the bathroom to match the fans in the bedroom and salon, and Maxxair fanmate vent covers on all 3 vents.
CW also installed a quick connect low pressure lp outlet for a BBQ just aft of the rear wheel well. Turns out that my CharBroil grill 2go x200 grill is going to be very difficult or impossible to convert to low pressure lp. So, I am probably going to get a Weber Q1200 grill and stand to replace the CharBroil. The Weber gets great reviews and is easy to convert to low pressure lp. I love the simplicity of this grill, which should make it easy to keep clean.
All of that work is done and looks great. We're just waiting on a black tank flush system part to arrive today. They will install that and I can get my coach back.
I would have done a bunch of this work myself, but they gave me such a killer deal on the labor that I couldn't refuse.
I built a safety bar for the upper bunk, so we don't have grandkids rolling out on the floor during the night. I hope to install it this week. I'll post photos when I'm done.
The coach is going to the CW where I bought it (Hillsboro) on Monday. They are going to fix the things found on the PDI and the additional things I have found since. The sales manager thinks it will be done in a day. He hasn't seen the whole list yet. If they throw a couple of techs at it, they could get it done in a day.
We are hoping for a shake down cruise in early May.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:19 PM   #184

State: South Carolina
THOR #2915
I noticed a few months ago that the ladder could not be hooked in to the drop down bed when the sofa was pulled out. That was a problem when my kids wanted to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I moved the right side bracket to the left side so we could use the ladder for the kids. I'm having Thor send me another bracket to match the ones currently installed. Small design flaw I think but it's an easy fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1870  

Dan

"Be all that you can be!"
Dan9841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:25 AM   #185

THOR #2780
That's interesting when you talk about a ladder for the overhead bunk because we don't have one. I was looking at the bunk the last time we were camping and thought there had to be an easier way to get into the bunk instead of standing on the kitchen seat and climbing in that way. We don't have the sofa because that was taken out in order to install a wheelchair lift. I also noticed the bracket to hang the ladder on. We do not have any of those brackets. I guess we could get a couple of brackets and a ladder from Thor and put the ladder where we need it. It might be called wishful thinking to get the dealer to do it for us.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:16 PM   #186

THOR #2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
That's interesting when you talk about a ladder for the overhead bunk because we don't have one. I was looking at the bunk the last time we were camping and thought there had to be an easier way to get into the bunk instead of standing on the kitchen seat and climbing in that way. We don't have the sofa because that was taken out in order to install a wheelchair lift. I also noticed the bracket to hang the ladder on. We do not have any of those brackets. I guess we could get a couple of brackets and a ladder from Thor and put the ladder where we need it. It might be called wishful thinking to get the dealer to do it for us.
I am getting a price from CW tomorrow regarding the brackets. I will let you know what that non listed item will cost. I hope your slide out problem will be resolved soon. I'm gonna send you a private message with my phone number. It would be nice to hear from you sometime.

Dan

Old 05-01-2016, 04:21 PM   #187

THOR #2915
Update on the brackets.

They only come in pairs and cost $34 + SH. With that price I was thinking about just getting one from a hardware store but then decided against it because I want it to match. I'll post a picture once I have it installed.

Dan

Old 05-04-2016, 01:16 AM   #188

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2287
Question to ACE owners, my heater works well as long as it dose not rain heavily. Has anyone had this problem and what is fix. I see water on control module and once dry heater works. Thanks Ozzie
Old 05-04-2016, 01:56 AM   #189

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Utah
THOR #2562
The rain doesn't affect my heater. I've used it a lot while raining.

On the ladder my brackets are placed so when the ladder is on the slide has to be out. If I want to use it with the slide in I just hook it over the lip of the bed frame. It makes the ladder a little steep but not bad. It's pretty rare when we wouldn't have the slide out.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:49 PM   #190

THOR #2780
We have not experienced any problems with our furnace when it rains. Does your awning covering the slide-out have a hole in it or does water pool in the awning above the furnace? Have you tried running your furnace with the slide-out in when it's raining? I apologize if someone has asked these questions or if you have already considered these possible causes.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:06 AM   #191
WVU

State: West Virginia
THOR #3985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie322 View Post
Question to ACE owners, my heater works well as long as it dose not rain heavily. Has anyone had this problem and what is fix. I see water on control module and once dry heater works. Thanks Ozzie
I'd check the connections and all the blue wires on the outside. Mine were loose & quit working first night we had our ACE.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:38 AM   #192

THOR #2780
Not sure if any of you have looked at your storage doors, but a number of ours started to sag a little and have some play within the hinges. When we pointed this out to the General RV service advisor he said that was normal. However, when the service technician looked at them he found a number of the rivets attaching the hinge to the unit I believe were missing or broke. To fix this they will be installing new rivets. Not sure what they'll do different to prevent it from happening again. Unfortunately, according to General RV, our extended warranty from CornerStone does not cover these repairs. I'll have to look into our warranty in more detail to make sure.

As for the error code on the slide-out controller, the repair technician was able to get the slide-out to go in and out with no problem. They didn't say if he reset the controller out not.

The bad weather stripping on one of the storage compartments is not covered also.

With respect to our toilet plugging up with only a couple pieces of toilet paper, it looks like we may be in for a little battle over this one. When you do a search through all the threads in this forum you'll find a few other people had issues with their toilets draining properly. Right now General says the vent pipe is the right height off the bottom of the tank. I'm not sure they know what the correct height is. I've requested that information from Thor directly. So far I've received a couple of prints, but they do not show the distance between the bottom of the tank and the bottom of the vent pipe. The person I'm dealing with said he'll continue to look for that information. We paid quite a bit of money for unit that should have a working toilet. My wife shouldn't have to snake it out after each use. I just hope this doesn't get ugly. I'll keep everyone updated.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:47 AM   #193

State: North Carolina
THOR #4216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9841 View Post
I guess you go "lucky" by them having that small but costly hiccup. I have been looking around some more and I am noticing small changes in options that come with this unit. Maybe I need to pay a bit more attention to some of the specs. (3 vs 5 TV's, outside kitchen, sound system,.....). But right now I am still at $79500 for the unit where did you purchase your unit?
We got ours for just over $78000 at camping world. Ours did not have the remote for the radio either and Thor said it doesn't come with one. Minor issues that are being worked on. The door sticking seems to be a common thing to happen. The window weather strips being too short is another thing that needs to be fixed. The ladder for our bunk beds is too short. The front end needs to be aligned. You would think for $80k you would not have to do that driving off the lot. Thor needs to up their quality control. The front windows need to be locked properly. If you lock it and miss the hole, it will push out the window and create lots of wind noise. AV vents in back were clogged with styrofoam and it still doesn't have as much flow as it should. There are lots of rattles where things just weren't attached properly and will have to be worked on. Once the problems get fixed it will be great. Love the layout and look.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:20 PM   #194

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2287
Hi, I found the problem to the heater not working after a rain. The seal on door was defective. I replaced it and all is well even when it rains. Ozzie
Old 06-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #195

State: Oregon
THOR #3926
Dan,
Did you ever get those overhead bunk ladder brackets.
I would like to get a set. Is there a part number? Who did you talk to about ordering a set.

Thanks,

Dave
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hard Rock
Davet911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 05:46 PM   #196

THOR #2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davet911 View Post
Dan,
Did you ever get those overhead bunk ladder brackets.
I would like to get a set. Is there a part number? Who did you talk to about ordering a set.

Thanks,

Dave
Dave,

I ordered them a while back and when I went to pick them up they (campingworld of Columbia) couldn't find them. This angered me and I told them to get (bleep). I reordered them at campingworld of Fayetteville and they are expected to be here soon. I have to say that CW fayetteville is a great location and the parts manager is reliable and super user friendly 😆.
I'll shoot you a text of the part number when I get them.

Dan

Old 06-12-2016, 05:53 PM   #197

THOR #2915
Additionall, I ordered some textilene 90 that is scheduled to arrive in a few days. I will use my sewing abilities and create a windshield cover and a cover for all windows. The pictures will be posted once completed.

It was fun making the template for the windshield and the driver and passenger side window. I sewed a sample of the textilene 90 and i believe it will look great.

I got the material (60"X25') for $130. I own a sewing machine (don't tell anyone) and the snap on hardware cost about $40.

Can't wait for the material to arrive.

Dan

Old 06-12-2016, 08:45 PM   #198
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Additionall, I ordered some textilene 90 that is scheduled to arrive in a few days. I will use my sewing abilities and create a windshield cover and a cover for all windows. The pictures will be posted once completed.

It was fun making the template for the windshield and the driver and passenger side window. I sewed a sample of the textilene 90 and i believe it will look great.

I got the material (60"X25') for $130. I own a sewing machine (don't tell anyone) and the snap on hardware cost about $40.

Can't wait for the material to arrive.
I went to the website of the mfg.. this looks interesting ! Where did you purchase your 25' ?
I see a seller : Quality Screen sells it in several widths. I ordered the sample..
We need 72"x 20' (perhaps 25') ..no template made yet, but know I need enough to turn under edge and allow for coming around to side window.
Where did you get your mounting /snap hardware?

Thanks for sharing !

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:52 PM   #199

THOR #2915
I went to Arizona sun supply and its 20 foot long. Sorry for the typo.

Dan

Old 06-12-2016, 10:11 PM   #200
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
I went to Arizona sun supply and its 20 foot long. Sorry for the typo.
thanks Dan....
Ron had hesitated ordering a ready made sun screen, as he wanted something that covered the side windows too.
Arizona Sun has better pricing..we appreciate the info.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016, 30.2, ace 30.2, advice, thor ace