Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2016, 02:41 AM   #221
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Interesting mod. Please keep posting.

Just one question: Did you think about using magnets to hold the shades in place?

The metal plates could be glued to the inside of the unit around the windows and the magnets sewn into the 1" double trim with a little wiggle room (the pocket 50% or so larger than the magnet) to allow for a little flexibility during the installing.

Doc
DOC...Ron had me order the sample of the Textilene 90 product...
the magnets are interesting to us...did you find them on Amazon?

thanks K

Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:32 AM   #222

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Kay,

Yes the are available from lots of places, lots of sizes and shapes. Just type Rare Earth Magnets. I have no idea how much the Textilene Front window cover will weigh...that will have some influence on the size you will need.

The 90lb one I got is a 3" circle. I got two smaller 40lb ones they are 1" diameter.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:48 PM   #223

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Oregon
THOR #3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappydude View Post
DaveT911 are you getting lousy service from the Wood Village CW store? I called in mid May to have my GFCI circuit checked because the entire circuit works intermittently and the earliest I could get an "appointment" is July 7th. No, it's not the fuse.........it has something to do with one of the slides, where ever all the wires for the GFCI circuit come together. Just curious - my warranty runs out in Oct. and then I'll be going to Wilsonville for anything needing fixed under the extended warranty.

I made an appt in mid-Nov because the hot water heater wasn't working on the AC side and they were going to winterize it for the first time. My appt was Dec. 19th - it sat in their lot for two weeks after that before they ever got anybody on it........right through the winter freeze we had that week! Took 6 weeks to get it back but no damage done because of the freeze. I'm done with Wood Village.
Hey Pappydude,

My experience has been just the opposite. I have always received excellent service from the Wood Village Camping World.
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hard Rock
Davet911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:06 PM   #224
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Kay,

Yes the are available from lots of places, lots of sizes and shapes. Just type Rare Earth Magnets. I have no idea how much the Textilene Front window cover will weigh...that will have some influence on the size you will need.

The 90lb one I got is a 3" circle. I got two smaller 40lb ones they are 1" diameter.

Doc
Thank you Doc .. The Textilene samples arrive tomorrow, I presume. From what I read, it is fairly light weight. I like the idea of being able to see through it...however, we are, also, checking into the foil cover..have found it in 48" widths, .. if we used that we must tape it together .. The advantage from the foil...is zero heat from what I have read....and zero light ! hmmm

Whichever we decide on...the magnets are an option, as well as, getting creative around the mirrors, etc. with ties.

Kay
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 06-16-2016, 08:23 PM   #225
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb
Thank you Doc .. The Textilene samples arrive tomorrow, I presume. From what I read, it is fairly light weight. I like the idea of being able to see through it...however, we are, also, checking into the foil cover..have found it in 48" widths, .. if we used that we must tape it together .. The advantage from the foil...is zero heat from what I have read....and zero light ! hmmm

Whichever we decide on...the magnets are an option, as well as, getting creative around the mirrors, etc. with ties.

Kay
We use foil in storage and the Sunguard while camping (same as the Textilene--probably is made of Textilene). The foil does reduce the sunlight coming in but it doesn't reduce the heat as much as the outside cover does.
I didn't tape the foil together: I cut the sides to fit--they press fit on either side window and stay because they are wedged in. For the front I have to lower the shade: The foil leans up against that.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:36 PM   #226
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
We use foil in storage and the Sunguard while camping (same as the Textilene--probably is made of Textilene). The foil does reduce the sunlight coming in but it doesn't reduce the heat as much as the outside cover does.
I didn't tape the foil together: I cut the sides to fit--they press fit on either side window and stay because they are wedged in. For the front I have to lower the shade: The foil leans up against that.
Thank you Jamie .. we were considering placing the foil on the outside ... with some innovative application !
I really think we will go with the Textilene .

Kay
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 06-16-2016, 09:19 PM   #227

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2287
Hi, ACE owners, I am reporting that my furnace does not work when it rains. I called Atwood and there is a recall on furnace doors due to leak. The water gets in and shorts out circuit board. Once it dries the furnace will work. Atwood sent a new door, door frame and exhaust pipe to CW and they painted the door. I asked them if I could install the door my self. They gave me all the parts and As soon as rain stops I'll install it. If anyone is have the same problem you'll need a new door with no vent openings. Happy camping. My MH is Ace 27.1 2016
Old 06-16-2016, 09:52 PM   #228
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie322 View Post
Hi, ACE owners, I am reporting that my furnace does not work when it rains. I called Atwood and there is a recall on furnace doors due to leak. The water gets in and shorts out circuit board. Once it dries the furnace will work. Atwood sent a new door, door frame and exhaust pipe to CW and they painted the door. I asked them if I could install the door my self. They gave me all the parts and As soon as rain stops I'll install it. If anyone is have the same problem you'll need a new door with no vent openings. Happy camping. My MH is Ace 27.1 2016
HI ! you might to repost this on the thread:

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...egas-4200.html
I am sure many folks will be happy to see the info.

Kay
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 06-17-2016, 12:07 AM   #229

State: South Carolina
THOR #2915
This must be my week where everything goes wrong. My leveling system is not getting any power what so ever. I made sure the circuit was not tripped and still no power. Am I missing a fuse somewhere? I hit the breaker in the house battery compartment which I know for a fact provides the power. Please help.

Dan

"Be all that you can be!"
Dan9841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #230

THOR #2915
Just got back from an extended weekend trip to Myrtle Beach. I noticed my slide was just not looking right. When I came back home I extended the slide and held a level to it. It seems that the side at the top is further out than at the bottom. (Almost 1 inch) I made sure the coach is completely level before checking the slide so that's not it. Has anyone had this issue before and if so please advise. Thanks.

Dan

Old 06-19-2016, 10:55 PM   #231

THOR #2915
The window/windshield cover project is moving along. I finished the front right side and the mounting was a piece of cake.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	2295  

Dan

Old 06-21-2016, 11:35 PM   #232

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
My leveling system, at least the thing in the cab you press buttons on seems to run off the chassis battery. It won't come on until I turn the ignition key on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9841 View Post
This must be my week where everything goes wrong. My leveling system is not getting any power what so ever. I made sure the circuit was not tripped and still no power. Am I missing a fuse somewhere? I hit the breaker in the house battery compartment which I know for a fact provides the power. Please help.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:41 PM   #233

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
I am not sure without seeing a picture, but maybe something caused the motor to stop, safety. This happen to me once when a cardboard box got stuck between the slide and wall once. It left one side out more then the other. I just re did the extend to the max then brought it back in. On mine the bottom edge is out from the body enough to put a finger in yet the sides are tight. I know there are rollers that can be adjusted, not sure if the is your or my problem. I had the side mechs completely replaced a month ago because they made so much noise when the driving banging around inside, the rods. I was told they were an older style so now I have the newer one, it still bangs not nearly as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9841 View Post
Just got back from an extended weekend trip to Myrtle Beach. I noticed my slide was just not looking right. When I came back home I extended the slide and held a level to it. It seems that the side at the top is further out than at the bottom. (Almost 1 inch) I made sure the coach is completely level before checking the slide so that's not it. Has anyone had this issue before and if so please advise. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:20 PM   #234

THOR #2915
Update on the windshield cover. THERE SHE IS home made and looking good.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	129
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	2308  

Dan

Old 06-22-2016, 11:21 PM   #235

THOR #2915
Another picture
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	118
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	2309  

Dan

Old 06-22-2016, 11:22 PM   #236

THOR #2915
Sorry all I don't know how to rotate the picture in the file.

Dan

Old 06-22-2016, 11:41 PM   #237

THOR #2915
Looking from the inside out.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	104
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	2310  

Dan

Old 06-23-2016, 01:44 AM   #238

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Oregon
THOR #2824
To DaveT911 - thank you for your response. Must be my luck.

To Dan9841 my leveling system in the 29.4 requires the e-brake on and the engine running.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:15 AM   #239

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
It is my side windows that do that on mine. Try taking masking tape and tape along the bottom of the track and up the center being sure to also cover the latch then see if that helps. I'm currently trying to pinpoint it even closer on mine. I did have the dealer replace the window sills and it helped. There was a hole big enough to fit my pinky finger in before that. I know if I lock the window it's worse so I leave it unlocked when driving.
Wow! We have the same problem. If we lock the passenger window, the whistle is awful. If we unlock it the whistle goes away. Anybody know how to fix this?
Old 06-23-2016, 04:20 AM   #240

THOR #2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappydude View Post
To DaveT911 - thank you for your response. Must be my luck.

To Dan9841 my leveling system in the 29.4 requires the e-brake on and the engine running.
This is why it this situation freaked me out. I understand that the e-brake needs to be engaged and the engine running. Even at start up the panel will flash it's light. My system was completely non responsive (no power to it) and I couldn't figure out why. After much searching and troubleshooting I found out that while I was driving I stretched my left leg and must have bumped a harness that was connecting to the fuse box by the steering column.
Recommendation to my fellow RVers..... If the is no power to something after a trip and it was just working fine a few hours ago...... Check all the connectors in the leg area.

Dan

Tags
2016, 30.2, ace 30.2, advice, thor ace