Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2016, 11:17 PM   #261

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Utah
THOR #2562
I noticed a lot of people having problems with their toilets. On the 30.2 it's very easy to add a black tank wash fitting like the Tornado. I put about 2 gallons of fresh water and a tank treatment pod in my black tank before every trip. Then when I dump I run the Tornado for a couple minutes after its empty. So far me, my wife and six kids and we have never had an issue in our former fifth wheel of 14 years or our current 30.2 we have used a couple dozen times over the last year and half. The 30.2 tank is a terrible design.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:24 PM   #262

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Colorado
THOR #3517
Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
I noticed a lot of people having problems with their toilets. On the 30.2 it's very easy to add a black tank wash fitting like the Tornado. I put about 2 gallons of fresh water and a tank treatment pod in my black tank before every trip. Then when I dump I run the Tornado for a couple minutes after its empty. So far me, my wife and six kids and we have never had an issue in our former fifth wheel of 14 years or our current 30.2 we have used a couple dozen times over the last year and half. The 30.2 tank is a terrible design.

Where did you install the tornado on your black tank? I'm interested in doing this as my next project.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:43 PM   #263

THOR #2562
In the compartment where your drain valves are you can see the tanks. Just follow the instructions on the Tornado and install it right there on the side of the tank. It's nice having it in the same compartment.

I have told the kids to fill the bowl up part way when going number 2 but I don't know if they do. I do use RV toilet paper not household. I know that can cause problems.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:57 AM   #264

Model: 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Michigan
THOR #2780
We had a trailer for 20 years before we purchased our 30.2 Bunkhouse and never had a problem flushing the toilet with 3 young kids. We told them to put some water in the bowl before doing #2. I know that always didn't happen.

On our unit we had the toilet moved less than 4 ft. from everyone else has there toilets. Now the distance that material falls from all of your toilets location might be between an additional inch or two more than ours. I would need to see where exactly where your toilets are located. Other than the minor height distance about the only difference between our unit and the rest of yours would be that in yours the distance material has to travel before it gets into the deep end of the tank is shorter than ours. The slope of the tank is the same between the 2 different locations of the toilets.

What else could be an issue and one that some had mentioned about in some earlier threads is how far the vent pipe for the black tank goes into the tank. At the end of the tank where the vent pipe enters, the tank is only 3 inches deep.

I'm not sure how this is going to get resolved, but I'm hoping we won't have to use a plumber's snake much longer.
Modified w/ a wheelchair lift
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:59 AM   #265

THOR #2780
It's my understanding this tornado is installed when you go to empty the black tank. It flushes water back into the tank to help clean it out.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:31 AM   #266

THOR #2562
Yes it sprays fresh water threw a spray nozzle that spins around and sprays the inside of the tank. A good time to check the distance your pipes penetration into the tank is when you install the Tornado. You drill about a 3/4" home which is enough to look threw. You could also use the loan a tool program many auto part stores do and borrow a scope to help see in.

It's permanently installed then when you go to dump you attach a garden hose to it and turn on the water. It's extreamly easy to install.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:39 PM   #267

THOR #2562
I didn't like the DVD player being in the cabinet so I made a bracket to mount it to the ceiling over the TV. I think it turned out great. Not to bad for my first time using a Harbor freight bending break.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	2427  
Old 07-10-2016, 06:30 PM   #268

State: South Carolina
THOR #2915
Quote:
I didn't like the DVD player being in the cabinet so I made a bracket to mount it to the ceiling over the TV. I think it turned out great. Not to bad for my first time using a Harbor freight bending break.
Very nice work! Another thing on my bucket list

Dan

"Be all that you can be!"
Dan9841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:05 AM   #269

THOR #2562
Thank you. It was a fun little side project
Old 08-03-2016, 11:25 PM   #270
WVU

State: West Virginia
THOR #3985
Blower in dash went out, 25A fuse under driver side floor keeps blowing. Anyone had this issue or have some recommendations? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-03-2016, 11:30 PM   #271

THOR #2780
Quote:
Is this for the TV over the dining table? I don't think we have one, assuming it comes with the unit.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:00 AM   #272

THOR #2562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Is this for the TV over the dining table? I don't think we have one, assuming it comes with the unit.
Yes. I think it was in 2015 they started putting the tv over the table instead of over the coat closet. The HDMI for the DVD player was in the cabinet above the couch.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:40 AM   #273

State: Oregon
THOR #3926
Hey Folks,
Just a quick question about tire pressure.
My RV shop says that the placard pressure of about 82 psi all around is just fine.
The Ford tech (Ford Truck Dealer) that just did my front end alignment says I should be running 100 psi front and rear. That is where he set my tire pressure. I looked at the Goodyear charts and the 100 psi setting seems way over GVW. I haven't weighed the coach the way it is loaded now. I weighed it earlier this summer and it was just over 17000. We might be a little lighter now.
I know that we are all loaded a little differently, but I would bet that we are all near to each other in weight.
What kind of pressures are you all running?
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hard Rock
Davet911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:01 PM   #274

State: Florida
THOR #5480
Got a 2017 30.2 Does any one know if they have a total of 3 batteries or just 2 ? Also I am trying to find the "store switch" people are talking about but I can not find it.
Yhanks
Old 10-01-2016, 11:20 PM   #275
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davet911 View Post
Hey Folks,
Just a quick question about tire pressure.
My RV shop says that the placard pressure of about 82 psi all around is just fine.
The Ford tech (Ford Truck Dealer) that just did my front end alignment says I should be running 100 psi front and rear. That is where he set my tire pressure. I looked at the Goodyear charts and the 100 psi setting seems way over GVW. I haven't weighed the coach the way it is loaded now. I weighed it earlier this summer and it was just over 17000. We might be a little lighter now.
I know that we are all loaded a little differently, but I would bet that we are all near to each other in weight.
What kind of pressures are you all running?
The placard pressure is the cold pressure recommended by Thor if the vehicle is loaded to GVW. More than likely your alignment shop is giving you the max pressure stamped on the sidewall of the tire. If you do not know the specific PSI based on weight I would run the pressure on the placard. The placard pressure should be the tire manufacturers recommended pressure based on max axle weight.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:52 PM   #276

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Davet911,

We weighed our Vegas, the front axel is at 5000lbs (Max) and for the rig we are 350 pounds over. So the dogs are on a diet and I will empty the crapper more often. I have Michelin Tires and I am going with what they recommended for the LT225/75R16: 72.5psi front and just under 60psi rear. See Load and Inflation Tables Michelin at michelintruck.com.

Go online and check for your specific tire.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 01:58 AM   #277

THOR #2562
Quote:
Originally Posted by edavis09 View Post
Got a 2017 30.2 Does any one know if they have a total of 3 batteries or just 2 ? Also I am trying to find the "store switch" people are talking about but I can not find it.
Yhanks
They usually come with one house batterie and one engine batterie. There is room to easily fit two house batteries if you want to add more. In my 2016 the store switch is just inside the door on the left. There is six switches there and mine is the bottom left switch.
Old 10-16-2016, 03:12 PM   #278

State: Connecticut
THOR #3882
A.C.E. 30.1 Gutters

Even after 18 coats of wax and black streak remover
Couldn't stop black streaks. I bought 100' of gutter. Wasnt so bad. The hardest part was taking off the wax to prep. And wouldnt you know it hasn't rained since i put them on both sides. That was last week. Safe travels to all.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20161008_133207.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	3197   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161008_132959.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	3198  

Name:	20161008_132938.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	3199  
Old 12-17-2016, 04:53 AM   #279

Model: A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Virginia
THOR #6054
Scott,

I have a few questions for you about your accessible modifications to your bunkhouse.

I've seen that you eliminated the couch to make room for your lift. What kind of lift did you settle on? Did you give any consideration to doing away with the dinette and moving the sofa to that space?

Did you consider an under vehicle lift? I've seen one that utilizes the stair well, retracts to store under the chassis, but also leaves the stairs usable when the lift isn't deployed. This idea intrigues me.....

Who did the modifications to your coach?

Thanks much!
Old 03-26-2017, 10:22 PM   #280

State: Texas
THOR #6917
I just bought a 2017 30.2 and we have 2 house batteries.

Tags
2016, 30.2, ace 30.2, advice, thor ace