Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2016, 11:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #4611
2016 Thor ACE 29.3 Exterior kitchen Grill

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a picture of how they have mounted the portable grill neat the exterior kitchen?
Or can describe it - if no picture available?

Old 06-22-2016, 11:54 PM   #2

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbeck View Post
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a picture of how they have mounted the portable grill neat the exterior kitchen?
Or can describe it - if no picture available?
Ours came with a stand. It is our understanding the "mounting brackets" have been removed from the box as they do not attach to the Ace 29.3
Old 06-23-2016, 06:19 PM   #3

THOR #4611
ACE 29.3 exterior kitchen grill

Thanks Bob - what brand and type of grill was it that came w/ the 29.3?
Old 06-23-2016, 10:44 PM   #4

THOR #4032
Quote:
Thanks Bob - what brand and type of grill was it that came w/ the 29.3?
It is called an Aussie gas grill. The instructions say it comes with "Hanger Brackets"... ours didn't. Ours came with a stand, you have to extend the "feet" on the grill to make it fit the stand. The stand should be either behind the bed with your "cushion" that is used to convert the dining table to a bed. If not there, look under the bed. It lifts up...who know what you may find there. Keep us posted please.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:57 PM   #5

THOR #4611
Thor ACE 29.3 from https://www.rvdirect.com/

Thanks Bob - very helpful!
We are actually thinking of buying our new Thor ACE from RVDirect which is an online order and pickup either in Albany NY or Orlando Fl.
Their price for a new 2017 is $77,400 (only tax added) and includes everything such as full gas & propane, prep & delivery orientation, starter kit w/ all hoses, chemicals, etc.
Seem like a BS free way to buy the unit, only have to drive it home - versus dealing w/ Camping World.
I am convinced that dealers like CW strip the unit of things like the grill, starter kit, hoses, etc. - and hope you now want to buy all these things in their store - for hundreds more out of your pocket.
What are your thoughts w/ RvDirect (https://www.rvdirect.com/). Any knowledge? What do u think of the price of $77400 for a 2017 Thor ACE 29.3.
Thanks for your time and quick responses!
Old 06-24-2016, 01:37 AM   #6

THOR #4032
Quote:
Thanks Bob - very helpful!
We are actually thinking of buying our new Thor ACE from RVDirect which is an online order and pickup either in Albany NY or Orlando Fl.
Their price for a new 2017 is $77,400 (only tax added) and includes everything such as full gas & propane, prep & delivery orientation, starter kit w/ all hoses, chemicals, etc.
Seem like a BS free way to buy the unit, only have to drive it home - versus dealing w/ Camping World.
I am convinced that dealers like CW strip the unit of things like the grill, starter kit, hoses, etc. - and hope you now want to buy all these things in their store - for hundreds more out of your pocket.
What are your thoughts w/ RvDirect (https://www.rvdirect.com/). Any knowledge? What do u think of the price of $77400 for a 2017 Thor ACE 29.3.
Thanks for your time and quick responses!
Great price! What will you do for warranty service? That is soooo important.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:05 AM   #7

THOR #4611
Thor warranty service.

I was told by Thir that warranty service is available at any authorized Thor dealer. However - they may put me at the end of the service as list if I didn't buy from them. Was that your point ?
Old 06-24-2016, 03:33 AM   #8

THOR #4032
Quote:
I was told by Thir that warranty service is available at any authorized Thor dealer. However - they may put me at the end of the service as list if I didn't buy from them. Was that your point ?
Some dealers might....I hope they don't where you live. From what I am hearing you probably don't want Camping World doing warranty work. Your results may vary.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #9
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Thor will also sometimes authorize repairs at other facilities as well--you can always give them a call before getting service to find out (in addition, for some repairs Thor may just opt to ship you the parts and let you do it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimback
You don't know the half of it: CW stripped a critical part out of vkb's Axis--took them a bit to find out that the part was missing!
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:01 PM   #10

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Montgomery View Post
It is called an Aussie gas grill. The instructions say it comes with "Hanger Brackets"... ours didn't. Ours came with a stand, you have to extend the "feet" on the grill to make it fit the stand. The stand should be either behind the bed with your "cushion" that is used to convert the dining table to a bed. If not there, look under the bed. It lifts up...who know what you may find there. Keep us posted please.
Same here, no brackets which would look dorky attached to the rv anyway. We did get the collapsible stand but it doesn't fit very well. I bought a 3/4" shelf about 3' long and 12" wide, I slide it under the fridge outside and set the grill on it.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:20 PM   #11
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I wouldn't want to mount the grill to the side of the RV. Too much heat to close to the side wall and also discoloration from smoke. I have seen numerous travel trailers with grills mounted on the side and some were not a pretty site.

My grill came with the mount and I threw it away because it was cluttering my garage. The prior coach came with the same grill and mount.

As a note, even though mine came with the mount it did not include the side rail that would have to be attached to the coach for holding the mount when the grill was in use.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:50 PM   #12

THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
Same here, no brackets which would look dorky attached to the rv anyway. We did get the collapsible stand but it doesn't fit very well. I bought a 3/4" shelf about 3' long and 12" wide, I slide it under the fridge outside and set the grill on it.
Did you unfold the short legs on the grill? I didn't know they were there at first, but when folded down ours fits the stand perfectly. We are quite happy with the grill.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:12 PM   #13

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Montgomery View Post
Did you unfold the short legs on the grill? I didn't know they were there at first, but when folded down ours fits the stand perfectly. We are quite happy with the grill.
Good question Bob, I will have to check it out again, I don't recall if I did or not.

Also, didnt you have an issue with your water heater? What did you find?
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:21 PM   #14

THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
Good question Bob, I will have to check it out again, I don't recall if I did or not.

Also, didnt you have an issue with your water heater? What did you find?
Yes, our "electric" part of the water heater doesn't work. We are taking it to Bretz RV on July 1 and hopefully this will be fixed. Thanks for asking.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #15
mrw

Model: A.C.E. 29.3
State: West Virginia
THOR #4502
Just purchased a 29.3. Agree with Bob on the outside grill. Only problems we have found was outside sink drain pump wouldnt work. I found wire wasnt in the wire nut. Kept hearing high bitch noise while traveling that couldnt find. Spoke with dealership and its the grill making a whistle at different speeds. Thor has a different grill which will replace.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:07 PM   #16

THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrw View Post
Just purchased a 29.3. Agree with Bob on the outside grill. Only problems we have found was outside sink drain pump wouldnt work. I found wire wasnt in the wire nut. Kept hearing high bitch noise while traveling that couldnt find. Spoke with dealership and its the grill making a whistle at different speeds. Thor has a different grill which will replace.
Could you share a picture of the noisy grill you now have with us so we can compare it with what we now have? How did you get Thor to agree to change it? I am sure a lot of people would like to know. Also, could you share a picture of the new grill? Thank you so much.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:33 PM   #17
mrw

THOR #4502
The old grill is the black plastic squares. I'm told from dealer the new grill is three chrome bars. Was at dealer yesterday . Post pictures when I get new grill
Old 06-27-2016, 12:07 AM   #18

THOR #4032
Quote:
The old grill is the black plastic squares. I'm told from dealer the new grill is three chrome bars. Was at dealer yesterday . Post pictures when I get new grill
How did you get Thor to agree to replace the grill?????
Old 06-27-2016, 12:21 AM   #19
mrw

THOR #4502
It's the dealers responsibility to deal with the factory. In fact my dealer suggested I replacing grill. That's the reason I try to stay local when buying. I feel very thankful to have a good dealer
Old 06-27-2016, 12:25 AM   #20

THOR #4032
Quote:
It's the dealers responsibility to deal with the factory. In fact my dealer suggested I replacing grill. That's the reason I try to stay local when buying. I feel very thankful to have a good dealer
I really want to see a photo when you get the new grill. Also, what did that whistle sound like. I hear something that sounds like a disk brake rubbing (kind of a high pitch squeel?) at about 50+ mph. My wife cannot hear it.