RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-11-2016, 11:10 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
Posts: 212
THOR #5112
2016 thor axis 25-2 back-up camera

bought new Sept 2015. driving down road on sunny day then backup camera &turn signal camera's go almost dark.when i start out on trip they are ok for about 50 miles . last time pulled off road to check car i pull when i go back in the camera is fine. turn signals are the same. drove in rain for first time last week couldn't see nothing but blur most of time. anyone else had any of these problems?
__________________

__________________
tigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:58 PM   #2
vkb
Senior Member
 
vkb's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
Posts: 2,136
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
bought new Sept 2015. driving down road on sunny day then backup camera &turn signal camera's go almost dark.when i start out on trip they are ok for about 50 miles . last time pulled off road to check car i pull when i go back in the camera is fine. turn signals are the same. drove in rain for first time last week couldn't see nothing but blur most of time. anyone else had any of these problems?
I am sure someone will log in their opinion...however...for us...
when we have driven in rain..the lens to the camera gets wet and you get a blurred view.

Have not experienced the other problem you had.
__________________

__________________
Ron & Kay n KC too !
2016 Axis 24.1 E-450 6 spd.
'KC's Big Box'
Jeep Wrangler TJ
or 6x10 enclosed motorcycle trailer
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:10 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
Posts: 1,069
THOR #1249
I made a little hood for my camera out of alum. roof flashing. Painted it black to keep the glare down at night when backing. Keeps the rain from soaking it also and seems to keep it a little cleaner between washing's.

Now if we could do something about that glare on the side windows.
__________________
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1 in Ocala
mcr1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:53 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
Posts: 212
THOR #5112
are your backup and mirror camera's easy to see or do they look like its almost dark out at 1 o'clock in the afternoon?my camera's start out bright and easy to see then its 8 o'clock at night 30 min. later.
__________________
tigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:57 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Cosmo's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
Posts: 135
THOR #3552
I was washing my rig and noticed something strange on lens of my backup camera. Turns out there was a film covering the camera like you often see on new gear. I removed the film and the picture quality is better.
__________________
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:21 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
Posts: 1,069
THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
are your backup and mirror camera's easy to see or do they look like its almost dark out at 1 o'clock in the afternoon?my camera's start out bright and easy to see then its 8 o'clock at night 30 min. later.
All cameras appear to be bright and none dimming. Not sure what would cause yours to dim. Maybe some others here can help with that.
__________________
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1 in Ocala
mcr1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:27 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
Posts: 212
THOR #5112
thanks i hope so.
__________________
tigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:59 PM   #8
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
Posts: 75
THOR #1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
I made a little hood for my camera out of alum. roof flashing. Painted it black to keep the glare down at night when backing. Keeps the rain from soaking it also and seems to keep it a little cleaner between washing's.

Now if we could do something about that glare on the side windows.
side window glare problem,let me know when someone figures that one out!Its like backing up totally blind!So far I've cracked my ladder and put a nice crack in the fiberglass near the ladder when the tree jumped out in my way!
__________________
Djfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 02:06 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
DocMike's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
Posts: 1,661
THOR #2142
Damn trees, bet it was and Elm (read where others have been attacked by Elms).

I have the DW on deck behind the RV, the driver's window open with plenty of hand signals and yelling when I back up...the camera is just for decoration at that point. Would be more useful it it had some lines painted on it for distance/range and maybe some backup sensors in the bumper like the DW's car has.

Doc
__________________
Sheree & Michael NCNG LTC(ret) with Munpi and Sheba (cat).
2016 Vegas 24.1 E350 5 speed "Ms. Enterprise", Bug-Guard Screen, Recliners, Infotainment Center, HUD, ARC Shower Rod, Safe-T-Plus, Curt SpareTire Mount,Tornado Black Tank Rinser, ext. WiFi Antenna, Roadmaster Tow Sys& Invisibrake.

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 02:15 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Cosmo's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
Posts: 135
THOR #3552
I added a backup camera at bumper level because my standup paddle boards partially block my original camera. Have not used it enough to tell how much it helps, but it was really cheap (~$50) and has a clear picture:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
__________________
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 02:43 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
Posts: 212
THOR #5112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfred View Post
side window glare problem,let me know when someone figures that one out!Its like backing up totally blind!So far I've cracked my ladder and put a nice crack in the fiberglass near the ladder when the tree jumped out in my way!
i am going to have the side windows tinted to match the rest of the windows and hope it gets rid of the glare on my axis.should have no trouble seeing out.you can get different shades of tint.

tigwelder
__________________

__________________
tigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×