Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-25-2020, 09:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: British Columbia
THOR #12227
2016 Thor Vegas 24.1

For those that have one … we all read about problems people have … I guess I am one of the lucky ones. We recently completed a 22,000 mile road trip - 215 days in the motorhome.

The only failure was the door lock which I replaced. Of all the metal they use in the lock there is a 1 square inch 'plastic' piece that broke and that was that. Had to take the lock off to get out.

So she ran well and cannot complain. Really happy we bought this configuration. I carry a 200cc scooter on the back for short tours.

Cheers and hope everyone is staying healthy given these crazy times.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:26 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
We have a 2016 Vegas. Have had it almost 4 years and 28,000 miles. Normally we tow my drag car 2 to 4 weekends a month. Also use for regular vacations and disney trips.

Unit layout is perfect for us. I can carry rscecar stuff and tools. Have not used a hotel since purchase. It is time for nnew batteries and awning fabric. I replaced chassis battery last summer. We are thinking to take out microwave and replace with convection oven. Handling is no issue and MPG stays 9 to 11 whether 5,200 lb trailer connected or not.

I get bashed on FB as being a Thor lover but unit meets my expectations great and unit was cheaper than a new Suburban.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:39 PM   #3
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Good Morning ! We purchased our 2016 Axis 24.1 in January 2016. We are a bit over 30k miles and still love it. We, too, had the issue with the lockset in January, having to replace it. We replaced the chassis battery in November 2019. Our Axis has the Convection/Microwave combo. However, I seldom use the Convection.
We tow our Lil Red Jeep wherever we go!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:07 PM   #4

Model: 24.1 Axis
State: Minnesota
THOR #15131
2016 Axis 24.1- Best Camper Ever

Hello... I'm new to this forum but read it religiously for tips. After 40+ years of owning every kind of camper, we feel that this one is the best one yet. We don't have to climb up into bed or over someone. There's compromises but it fits our retirement lifestyle perfectly. Mileage is better than my truck got pulling a 5th wheel or Hauling a Lance truck camper. It's a little squishy steering, which reminds me of our old vans from the 60's & 70's but I have read posts on correcting it.

The access to the battery and oil filler is strange but doable. I connected a length of PVC to two opposing elbows to reach into the filler from the front. Dashboard access panel cutout was very"rough" and I'm wondering if it was an afterthought and done at the factory by 7th graders.
Looking forward to the end of the COVID-19 shutdown so we can get out camping 🤠🇺🇸
Old 03-26-2020, 10:51 PM   #5
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Rohde View Post
Hello... I'm new to this forum but read it religiously for tips. After 40+ years of owning every kind of camper, we feel that this one is the best one yet. We don't have to climb up into bed or over someone. There's compromises but it fits our retirement lifestyle perfectly. Mileage is better than my truck got pulling a 5th wheel or Hauling a Lance truck camper. It's a little squishy steering, which reminds me of our old vans from the 60's & 70's but I have read posts on correcting it.

The access to the battery and oil filler is strange but doable. I connected a length of PVC to two opposing elbows to reach into the filler from the front. Dashboard access panel cutout was very"rough" and I'm wondering if it was an afterthought and done at the factory by 7th graders.
Looking forward to the end of the COVID-19 shutdown so we can get out camping ������
Hi ! Welcome to the AXIS family ! We, like you, have had several RV's over many years of camping. When we found the Axis we knew we had found the last RV we would own...and so far we have not been disappointed.
The steering solution...as you have read is a good fix...Ron did the SUMO SPRINGS...and found that suitable.
Yes..the battery and oil are bit of a chore, but ya find a way. We, after owning our Axis since January 2016...had to replace the battery last fall...that is when you want to access through the dash board. When we placed the roughly cut board back in place..we used Gorilla Tape … so far good. Some folks put hinges on the board. It is all in what you feel best suits your needs.
Watch that door latch...it is the only serious issue we have had, along with many other owners.
We upgraded the shower head to the Oxygenics .
Added a couple battery led lights over the couch and sink...as those factory lights are a bit bright when watching tv...
Changed out the TV in the bedroom, finally,...as those Seiko TVs are increasingly, not compatible with RV parks upgraded cable systems.
This Spring we, will upgrade the tv in the living room.
Ron made a cutting board, round to cover the kitchen sink.
There ya go....we LOVE OUR AXIS !! and so does our cat K.C...he demands that the bunk be lowered when we are parked...it is his territory !
HAVE FUN !

Ron and Kay
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote