Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-20-2016, 01:10 AM   #41
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26 View Post
May i ask what the new changes are? The reason i ask is that Total Value says they are over stocked on 24.1 2016 units and they will sell for $66.900 but that the 2017 units will sell for lots more. I'd like to know that the "Lots More " is. Appreciate it. And if you'd like to tell me I would like to know how much you paid and where it was. This RV business is like used cars business. If you shop around enough you can save tens of thousands of dollars evidently. Thanks.
Read post #33, on down..and see several responses from those of us who have the 2016l

Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:22 AM   #42

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunter View Post
My new Axis 24.1 has arrived and was delighted it is a 2017 model Axis on a 2016 Chasis. A couple of changes but I like. I will be taking delivery in a week.
May i ask what the new changes are? The reason i ask is that Total Value says they are over stocked on 24.1 2016 units and they will sell for $66.900 but that the 2017 units will sell for lots more. I'd like to know that the "Lots More " is. Appreciate it. And if you'd like to tell me I would like to know how much you paid and where it was. This RV business is like used cars business. If you shop around enough you can save tens of thousands of dollars evidently. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:59 AM   #43

THOR #1067
Quote:
My new Axis 24.1 has arrived and was delighted it is a 2017 model Axis on a 2016 Chasis. A couple of changes but I like. I will be taking delivery in a week.
Please, where did you buy that, and what did it cost. Thanks. Dave
Old 04-20-2016, 02:02 AM   #44

THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Read post #33, on down..and see several responses from those of us who have the 2016l
I have no idea what you mean. thanks.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:04 AM   #45
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Start reading from here: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/...html#post32349
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:11 AM   #46
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
THANKS ! Jamie !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 04-20-2016, 02:49 AM   #47

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Since you are new at this, let me ask you this: would you be comfortable living in this motorhome for 5 months or longer during the winter months in a southern location of your choice. I am a single person looking for a way to enjoy the winter's south but without renting an apartment in the expensive areas. I wish to travel and enjoy seeing the scenery, but i'm not really a camper per se. If you know what i'm saying. Was a Boy Scout and hated camping!. lol You opinion please: is 25 feet big enough for comfort in the Axis semi full time. Dave
The great thing about wintering in Florida (and Arizona and south Texas), is you can enjoy being outside most of the daytime hours. Not sure what a "camper per se" is. You don't have to put up a tent to be considered a camper. RVing isn't for everyone, and what is comfortable to me might not be the same for you. If you won't be using a camper outside of the winter, you'll find it cheaper to pay the rent, especially if you are outside the popular areas. With any RV, depreciation is a huge expense that surprises many new RVers.

Mrs. S and I enjoy exploring our great country and traveling in our Vegas. Been through other types of RVs, and our 25.2 fits us just right at this time and for the way we travel. Before we settled in our current abode, we wintered in a RV and it was great, except for worrying about our vacant home up north.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:48 AM   #48

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
I have a late model 2016 and with the exception of the flooring in the cockpit, the mattress and the adjustable exterior television, no other real changes. I replaced the swivel reading lights in the bedroom with LEDs myself which can be purchased for dollars, not many, through Amazon. They are a standard 1156 base. I would say that if someone can get a 16 for just over 65k, not bad...
Old 04-20-2016, 03:56 AM   #49

THOR #3483
Don't get me wrong, all in all, those are some positive changes but quite minor in my very humble opinion. Wish they would do some real upgrades like an alignment and include a Saf-T-Plus stabilizer or maybe a tire pressure management system. LED lights are so easy to upgrade to now it is no big deal to me. I do really like LED lights. I upgraded all my cargo compartment lights to LEDs almost immediately.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:58 PM   #50

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #3027
Dave, I ordered from Tri-County Trailer Sales in Mossville, IL near Peoria. I ordered in Dec 2016 and expected a 2016 model. During production I received a call from my dealer and the factory informing me that it would be a 2017 model with a few changes/upgrades. The dealer honored my 2016 pricing. I do believe at $66,000 or $67,000 you would save at least $5,000. My highest criteria was price but not the absolute lowest price. I was willing to pay a couple dollars more to go with Tri-County Trailer Sales because I believe the dealer is the key on the issues you can read about on Forums. Tri-County has been great and exceeded my every expectation. There are minor differences between the 2016 and 2017 but one would want to know all the specs to insure the price difference. I also had a plant tour and visited Total Value in Elkhart and found them to be very professional. I chose a local, closer to home dealer who I had known years ago.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:29 AM   #51

Model: 2016 Vegas 24.1 on E450
State: Tennessee
THOR #2361
We take delivery of our new 2016 24.1 next Tuesday. It has the E450/6 spd transmission and new windshield but carpet in the front and an air mattress for the sofa. We had an Itasca Suncrusier 33V several years ago and have a hybrid trailer Rockwood Roo 233S currently but think the 24.1 is just perfect for what we want to do now. Hopefully the PDI goes well! There are several small issues they are taking care of now before we take delivery, including a front end alignment. We're excited!
Old 04-21-2016, 01:38 AM   #52
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Razor,
With your E450 equipped Vegas you could easily pull that Roo around and have room for the whole extended family! LOL
Old 04-21-2016, 02:47 AM   #53

THOR #1067
Quote:
Dave, I ordered from Tri-County Trailer Sales in Mossville, IL near Peoria. I ordered in Dec 2016 and expected a 2016 model. During production I received a call from my dealer and the factory informing me that it would be a 2017 model with a few changes/upgrades. The dealer honored my 2016 pricing. I do believe at $66,000 or $67,000 you would save at least $5,000. My highest criteria was price but not the absolute lowest price. I was willing to pay a couple dollars more to go with Tri-County Trailer Sales because I believe the dealer is the key on the issues you can read about on Forums. Tri-County has been great and exceeded my every expectation. There are minor differences between the 2016 and 2017 but one would want to know all the specs to insure the price difference. I also had a plant tour and visited Total Value in Elkhart and found them to be very professional. I chose a local, closer to home dealer who I had known years ago.
I appreciate the detail on price and everything. Total Value's price on the Axis is 71,500. $66,000-$67,000 is a big difference when you're talking about sales taxes in your home state and tags. I think getting the absolute best price here is important because i know that the margins are huge. I would like the name of the salesman you worked with at Tri County if you are good with that.
. We don't have dealers around Colorado who are reliable and priced right. It is Camping World in Denver and I wouldn't walk into that dealership again unless i have a sheriff with me if you know what i mean. They are literally crooks. So If i am going to get a Axis i need to travel and i might as well travel where the best price is.

Thanks for the information if you can provide it. Dave
Old 04-21-2016, 03:01 AM   #54

THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
The great thing about wintering in Florida (and Arizona and south Texas), is you can enjoy being outside most of the daytime hours. Not sure what a "camper per se" is. You don't have to put up a tent to be considered a camper. RVing isn't for everyone, and what is comfortable to me might not be the same for you. If you won't be using a camper outside of the winter, you'll find it cheaper to pay the rent, especially if you are outside the popular areas. With any RV, depreciation is a huge expense that surprises many new RVers.

Mrs. S and I enjoy exploring our great country and traveling in our Vegas. Been through other types of RVs, and our 25.2 fits us just right at this time and for the way we travel. Before we settled in our current abode, we wintered in a RV and it was great, except for worrying about our vacant home up north.
What i meant by "camping per se" is: i'm would consider traveling, exploring, and see new places my reason for having an RV like the Axis, and not the camping. You know , setting up camp in the woods for a week and fishing and hiking and all that stuff. Living away from the grid because i could. Na. Not into that. More into to just traveling , playing golf maybe, finding new BBQ joints to visit. Just like you would if you were to get a car and travel and spend a $130 a night in the Hampton Inn. If a man did that for 6 months, it would get expensive. Would think an RV would be a better way to go. Maybe not. I'd like to here your opinion on that. If you rent a place in Tucson it's a $1,000 a week in the winter. Do the math on that for 5 or 6 months. So, for me it's just travel, and having your own bed at night and being able to do what you want rambling around in the RV. Sound like what people do or not? Thanks. Dave
Old 04-21-2016, 04:51 AM   #55

THOR #4087
Quote:
What i meant by "camping per se" is: i'm would consider traveling, exploring, and see new places my reason for having an RV like the Axis, and not the camping. You know , setting up camp in the woods for a week and fishing and hiking and all that stuff. Living away from the grid because i could. Na. Not into that. More into to just traveling , playing golf maybe, finding new BBQ joints to visit. Just like you would if you were to get a car and travel and spend a $130 a night in the Hampton Inn. If a man did that for 6 months, it would get expensive. Would think an RV would be a better way to go. Maybe not. I'd like to here your opinion on that. If you rent a place in Tucson it's a $1,000 a week in the winter. Do the math on that for 5 or 6 months. So, for me it's just travel, and having your own bed at night and being able to do what you want rambling around in the RV. Sound like what people do or not? Thanks. Dave
Dave,
I have years of experience doing the country in small RVs for up to 4 months at a time. It is great and some RV resorts would be great for you Some have perks such as golf and most have a pool and activities. Of course the more perks and the nicer the park the more it costs. However, you are not going to be able to pull into new BBQ and the like with small parking lots. I have but only after carefully considering where I would be able to park and how I was going to get out. Other than that it is a comfortable way to travel. Has nothing in common with Boy Scout camping. Perhaps you should visit some local campgrounds and check out the lifestyle.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:45 AM   #56
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod'sMom
I have but only after carefully considering where I would be able to park and how I was going to get out.
I've been able to get our Axis in (and out! LOL) of some very tight spots. At one campground last year I was able to turn the Axis around within the campsite (we had pulled up in the dark so I just drove straight in; in the morning I unhooked everything and spun the camper around.)
Pulled in "forward":

"backwards"--if you look closely you can see all the tire tracks
Old 04-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #57
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I've been able to get our Axis in (and out! LOL) of some very tight spots. At one campground last year I was able to turn the Axis around within the campsite (we had pulled up in the dark so I just drove straight in; in the morning I unhooked everything and spun the camper around.)
Pulled in "forward":

"backwards"--if you look closely you can see all the tire tracks
Thanks for posting the photos Jamie !
Teeitup
either you want to own an RV and enjoy the RV/Camping way to travel...or you do not. No one can make that decision for you.
I think everyone on this Forum will agree...the RV life is a choice we make..it is not cheap, sometimes we find a few inconvenient times, ... for us the rewards outweigh the problems and cost. We sleep in our own bed every night...We prepare our meals in our own kitchen each day (most of the time)...We accept challenges .. We meet awesome people and see parts of the country those who travel by other means do not get the chance to see..many RV Resorts have awesome amenities....you can camp from one extreme to another !
I am sure I am leaving something out...Anyone have anything else to add?

I wish I could afford to put our Axis on a ship and see Europe this way !!

k
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 04-21-2016, 02:45 PM   #58

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #3027
Dave, Tri- County Trailer Sales is located in Mossville, IL, a couple of miles from Peoria, IL. The owner is Jack Miller. It is a small family owned and operated RV dealership that has been in business for 40 years. He is the salesman/owner. The service is excellent. They spent almost a week checking out everything before delivery and I spent 3.5 hours going over how to operate it when I picked it up. Their phone number is 309-692-0278.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:25 PM   #59

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Jamie,

What brand of windshield cover are you using there in your photos above?

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:27 PM   #60

THOR #3483
JamieGeek,
Where did you get the exterior cover for your Axis windshield?