Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2016, 09:01 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 36TL
State: Illinois
THOR #4618
2017 Challenger 36TL

My wife and I just took delivery of a 2017 Challenger 36TL. Hoping some folks out there may help answer some questions...

Our "Rapid Camp" remote does not have a way to control the levelers. The video on Thor's website indicates this is a feature of the remote. Did this change?

The closet in the bedroom closest to the bathroom does not accommodate a regular size hanger. I say someone at Thor mounted the rod in the wrong spot; the dealer said to use smaller hangers. Thoughts on this one?

If anyone from Thor is reading this can you tell me why the most recent manuals you have posted on your website are from 2014? The manuals were not in my coach when I took delivery and supposedly they are being shipped to me. In the meantime it would be nice to access them via the website.

Any quirks about this unit I should know about?

Thanks for the assistance!

Bill

Old 06-24-2016, 10:14 PM   #2

Model: Challenger 36 TL
State: Virginia
THOR #3852
I have a 2016 36 TL and have experienced the same issues. Was told the Rapid Camp has a limit on the number of functions it can accommodate. With 3 slides and the awning and the outside lights the max is reached. We tilt our hangers to make them fit. I don't think my business attire would fit on smaller hangers.
BHoraist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:46 PM   #3

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #1505
I can not say about the 2017 Rapid Camp, the 2015 version does have the leveling system incorporated. Do to the coach needing to be running, not sure that feature was worth keeping.
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:51 AM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHoraist View Post
I have a 2016 36 TL and have experienced the same issues. Was told the Rapid Camp has a limit on the number of functions it can accommodate. With 3 slides and the awning and the outside lights the max is reached. We tilt our hangers to make them fit. I don't think my business attire would fit on smaller hangers.
That must have changed. My Rapid Camp for my 2015 37ND controls 3 slides, the awning, the outside light and the leveling system. With that said, I tried it once and it has been hanging on the wall since then. I guess I should check to see if it needs charging.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 01:02 AM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSCAPOD View Post
My wife and I just took delivery of a 2017 Challenger 36TL. Hoping some folks out there may help answer some questions...

Our "Rapid Camp" remote does not have a way to control the levelers. The video on Thor's website indicates this is a feature of the remote. Did this change?

The closet in the bedroom closest to the bathroom does not accommodate a regular size hanger. I say someone at Thor mounted the rod in the wrong spot; the dealer said to use smaller hangers. Thoughts on this one?

If anyone from Thor is reading this can you tell me why the most recent manuals you have posted on your website are from 2014? The manuals were not in my coach when I took delivery and supposedly they are being shipped to me. In the meantime it would be nice to access them via the website.

Any quirks about this unit I should know about?

Thanks for the assistance!

Bill
Bill,

Welcome to the forum and family of Challenger owners. We've had ours for approx 18 months and have had very few issues. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

The 2014 manual is the latest edition published by Thor and is very generic in and of itself. I recommend you contact Thor, through their customer care website and ask them to send you the fresh and waste water diagrams, the 120 VAC diagram, the 12 VDC diagram and if it didn't come with the coach the build sheet listing all major components and component serial numbers.

One quirk, if you are not already aware, is the Seiki TVs installed in the coaches do not have QAM tuners so they will not pick up cable at some campgrounds. If you search the forum for Seiki you will find a few discussions on the topic.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:17 PM   #6

State: Michigan
THOR #2628
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
That must have changed. My Rapid Camp for my 2015 37ND controls 3 slides, the awning, the outside light and the leveling system. With that said, I tried it once and it has been hanging on the wall since then. I guess I should check to see if it needs charging.
Mine also does 3 slides, 2 awnings, outside light, leveling system and Generator. It did not work right but the dealer fixed ours.

KC
Old 06-25-2016, 03:12 PM   #7

Model: Challenger 36 TL
State: Virginia
THOR #3852
Hmmm...might have to revisit this. I really haven't used it much anyway and not sure I would ever need it for the jacks.
BHoraist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:21 PM   #8

State: Michigan
THOR #2628
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHoraist View Post
Hmmm...might have to revisit this. I really haven't used it much anyway and not sure I would ever need it for the jacks.
The only time I used it is when I was alone and the site was not level so I used a plywood under the front jacks/front tires and I wanted to make sure the front jacks set on the plywood. Same would be for the slides to make sure your not going to hit a tree/branch when opening them up.

KC