Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2016, 05:26 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
Operating TV 2016 Miramar

I have a question about the three TV's that come with the 2016 Miramar 34.2.
Do they all work independently, or do they have to have the same channel on all of them.
Also, I hooked the TV cable to the back of my home TV and only received what the home channel had on, how will this work in a campground? What I am asking is that when you hook up to the campgrounds cable, will you be able to receive all channels just from a pole hook up or do i need some converter box.
The camper does come with a DVD player and hook ups from that directly to the TV's. Thank you

Old 03-05-2016, 05:43 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenmike View Post
I have a question about the three TV's that come with the 2016 Miramar 34.2.
Do they all work independently, or do they have to have the same channel on all of them.
Also, I hooked the TV cable to the back of my home TV and only received what the home channel had on, how will this work in a campground? What I am asking is that when you hook up to the campgrounds cable, will you be able to receive all channels just from a pole hook up or do i need some converter box.
The camper does come with a DVD player and hook ups from that directly to the TV's. Thank you
First, the TVs can be used independently over the air (antenna) or cable.

When connected to cable make sure the antenna booster is turned off.

Does you coach have an HDMI switch? If so the HDMI switch allows for one or more TVS to watch the DVD player while another is watching cable.

There is a caveat to the cable television and that is most of our SEIKI televisions do not have QAM tuners and although I have not has this issue, others have reported that at some sites which have QAM encoded cable there are issues with the televisions and cable viewing.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:11 PM   #3

THOR #3584
Yes Dave, I do have a HDMI switch, just not sure how it works. It has lights for
output 1 ,2 ,3 and 4 and input for 1 and 2. It also has a power on and a switch button.
Unfortunately when we purchased the unit, they didn't really touch on this much, and I now regret not asking more questions. I am just curious, will the TV's receive all the cable channels from the campground pole, like my past simple hook up's? Thank you
Old 03-05-2016, 08:54 PM   #4

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
SUEMIKE -- after hooking up the park cable, you need to take the remotes for each of the TVs and press menu and then select cable and do a scan. Just like in the old home cable days before having a box, the TV will scan and set each channel it detects on the park TV system. Do that for each TV. You can then watch any and all TVs on whatever channel you might want on each TV.

The HDMI switch is going to allow you to select what HDMI device is being used (like a blu ray or game console) and to which of the TVs you are going to send the signal. So you can have the outside TV on the cable channel for a football game, your wife can be watching Downton Abbey on the bedroom TV off the cable, and your kids can be playing Call of Duty in the living room.

But like Dave said, some Seiki TVs do not have a QAM tuner that allows the TV to decode the coded cable system. I'm one of them with that problem. My outside TV and living room TV will not decode the coded cable systems. So when I scan for cable channels on those 2 TVs, I get no channels found. The TV in our bedroom is a Saikyo with a built in DCD player. That one scans cable channels with no problem. When we go to Fort Wilderness the bedroom TV picks up 92 channels on cable. If I turn on the antenna amp, raise the antenna and rescan the TVs for Air, I get about 52 channels on all three TVs.

Don't know about your Miramar, but on my Vegas we either have to use cable (antenna amp off) or antenna (antenna amp on). Can't mix and match. It is an either or situation for us.

You should have some documentation that explains what all those HDMI input and HDMI output numbers go to.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:18 PM   #5

THOR #3584
Great thank you I will check all of what you told me
Old 03-06-2016, 05:32 PM   #6

THOR #3584
Ed, thank you it worked. I appreciate all the instructions you and Dave gave me, I was at a total loss trying to figure this out. Thanks again....
Old 12-22-2016, 05:29 AM   #7

State: Nevada
THOR #6136
Antenna Booster

Hello, We are having trouble getting cable on any of our 3 TV's. I see talk of an antenna booster, where is this located? We bought a2015 Miramar 34.1. We just can't figure it out and it's driving us crazy!!! the TV outside and living room are Continu.us and the bedroom is the Seiki. Is there a switch somewhere? The folks we bought it from didn't tell us anything, I don't see anything in the manuals either.
Thanks for any help!
Stephanie
Old 12-22-2016, 11:36 AM   #8

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Stephanie, look in the cabinet where your HDMI selector is, there should be a coax output. On the coax output there is a little button that controls the antenna booster, small green light for on, light off booster off.