Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-04-2019, 10:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29.3 ACE
State: Nova Scotia
THOR #15869
2018 29.3 ACE Fresh water holding tank

We are first time owners of a motorhome and are having a difficult time locating the drain for the fresh water tank. We are going to be using it for the first time and want to sanitize it. We have been given several places where it could be but have not found it yet. If someone has the same year and model we would appreciate hearing form you.
Dave

Old 07-04-2019, 11:32 PM   #2

Model: ACE 29.3
State: Vermont
THOR #15779
We bought a 2015 29.3 back in March. I did sanitize the tanks when we got it. If I remember correctly, there is a drain under the bay that has the outside shower. I was surprised that it's not really a valve with a shut off per se, more like a relief valve with just a ring to pull then push in when done. Hope this helps. I will look tomorrow when I go over.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:47 AM   #3

THOR #15869
We have looked everywhere in that same compartment but we have nothing to pull up or out that looks like a drain release. I think the 2018 model has moved it somewhere else or changed what it looks like.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:43 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
My 2017 29.3 has the fresh water tank drain just before the water pump. You should see some type of valve to the right of the pump. Also look for a small tube with an open end, trace it back.

I use my drain valve also to suck anti freeze into the lines when winterizing. By turning the valve I shut off the tank supply and the pump sucks from the anti freeze bottle.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:25 PM   #5

THOR #15869
I will have a look for that next to the pump but we have scoured that whole compartment and can find nothing that looks like a drain release. The dealership also does not know where it is on this unit. It should be fairly simple to find something that dumps water all over the ground, but so far it is defeating us... but thank you for your help

Update... I think I found something, is it a black tube that has a pull ring on the top of it, and if so do you just pull this ring out or just pull it up or or does it turn?
Old 07-05-2019, 06:33 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD2019 View Post
I will have a look for that next to the pump but we have scoured that whole compartment and can find nothing that looks like a drain release. The dealership also does not know where it is on this unit. It should be fairly simple to find something that dumps water all over the ground, but so far it is defeating us... but thank you for your help

Update... I think I found something, is it a black tube that has a pull ring on the top of it, and if so do you just pull this ring out or just pull it up or or does it turn?
Just pull out on the ring. It is hard so it doesn't vibrate. Your low point drains are under the sink in the outside kitchen. Open the right drawer a and remove the knife holder and there ae the low point drains.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:04 PM   #7

THOR #15869
Thank you all so much for your help, we have found everything are are now good to sanitize our tank, and hit the road
Dave