Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2018, 12:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #12188
2018 3401 Aria refrigerator falling out of wall

My 2018 Aria 3401 refrigerator fell out of wall after 2 weeks, Thor service in Elkhart reinstalled. Our next trip and it is starting to come out of wall again. We are out of warranty . Any comments on how I can secure it myself. The Aria Refrigerator is installed different than any other Thor Motorhome.

Old 07-29-2018, 12:57 PM   #2

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
I have no advice as to how to secure the fridge. However, since it was a known problem and repaired under warranty, it should still be repaired again under warranty even though your warranty is expired. Call Thor and tell them it was repaired but it's now happening again. Maybe find another dealer or repair person to fix it this time, since the last repair did not hold.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:20 PM   #3

Model: Aria 3901
State: Texas
THOR #12159
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this! It is no fun to have issues when on a trip. We just got our 2019 3901 and we have had the typical issues that every new motor coach comes with. I want to ask if you can see a lot of day light under your slides? We have purchased a dozen large sponges and we fill large holes under the slides when we are parked. We previously owned two other coaches and never had this issue. It seems like an open door for mice and other living creatures. Any insights would be welcome. I hope your refrigerator issue gets resolved and does not ruin your trip.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:43 PM   #4

Model: Aria 3401
State: Colorado
THOR #13518
I also have a 2018 Aria 3401, and my refrigerator top tipped back. In looking at another Thor motorhome, I noticed that there was a bracket epoxied to the top of the frig. Mine was not. First time to Camping World, they wedged a two by four at the top. That didn't last. Second time they have wedged a board there, and screwed two screws into the top of the fridge. I haven't driven far enough to confirm it will stay correctly upright.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:00 PM   #5

Model: Aria 3401
THOR #13518
Upate. The Whirlpool Fridge quit working completely. Fortunately, it was still under warranty, and was completely repaired by Whirlpool. While the Fridge was out, I installed shims under the back wheels, and I believe the problem to be resolved.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:33 AM   #6
LDK

Model: Aria 3901
THOR #13190
The fridge in my 2019 Aria 3901 also trying to come out. I found the top brackets are not secured to the fridge, thus put a lot of pressure on the bottom brackets and cracked the wood on the left bottom side. The coach is at Camping World to address the issue. Unclear yet the fix they will propose. The shims sound like they would help. Not sure can trust the top brackets and adhesive being used.