Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2019, 03:25 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #14628
2018 Thor Palazzo 37.4 Grey water tank clogged

I have what seems to be a clogged grey water tank. It shows 100% full and will not empty when I open the valve handle. I have snaked the pipe from the shower straight into the tank and then tried to snake up into the tank from underneath. When I did this the snake is hitting something hard about 2 ft in.

Is there a backflow protector of some kind under the grey water tank?

Old 03-09-2019, 05:26 PM   #2

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
...maybe you just 'hit' the top of the tank

and maybe your tank is actually already empty, the 'indicators' can be notoriously inaccurate... try running some water in your shower or kitchen faucet and see if anything comes out, while you have the sewer pull open. If so, you're good to go. If not, then, yes, you have a blockage.

we learned early on to not even look at the indicators, and just realize that once water starts backing up in the shower, then we are full. Also, if we can see water thru our toilet outlet, then it's getting full, too.
I don't even rely on the indicators for the fresh water. I just look at the passenger side of the tank. Since it's shaped differently than just a 'square' tank, high on the passenger side, low on the driver side, I actually used a sharpie and marked the correct 'level' indicators in the tank itself.

As for the propane indicator, it's probably reliable. It doesn't use the same type of 'sensors' that the water tanks do.

enjoy!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:56 PM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by unix_gawd View Post
I have what seems to be a clogged grey water tank. It shows 100% full and will not empty when I open the valve handle. I have snaked the pipe from the shower straight into the tank and then tried to snake up into the tank from underneath. When I did this the snake is hitting something hard about 2 ft in.

Is there a backflow protector of some kind under the grey water tank?

Some lines turn so maybe you just hit one of them. Try using a tank flush fitting on the discharge pipe to back flush with pressurized water. It would be pretty hard to put something down a drain that could plug a discharge pipe.