Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-13-2021, 10:42 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #2228
My 2015 has 3 motors 2 end one center

Old 02-13-2021, 10:49 PM   #22

Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Quote:
Originally Posted by trowan View Post
My 2015 has 3 motors 2 end one center

Thanks for the reply.
Fascinating Really!!! Where is that 3rd motor and track?

Ive seen Thor put 3 track on the end walls (hence their "3Trac" sales pitch) but have not been aware of a 3rd track in the middle.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:58 PM   #23

THOR #2228
Sk 35 ft super slide bath and half.
Old 02-14-2021, 01:09 AM   #24

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Missouri
THOR #20002
Try these up grades and the unit will drive much better.

Additional alignment upgrades that improve the driving experience.

Hellwig Model 7215 Rear 1 5/8 in Bar Dia. Sway Bar .

Front Stabilizer Adjustment

Front Wheel Alignment

Roadmaster RSSA Reflex Steering Stabilizer Unit
Old 02-14-2021, 01:20 AM   #25

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDS View Post
Ive looked at both of those over the last year but have always been leery of the full wall slide on the 29M. Just cant imagine not having trouble with 2 small gear driven motors only, pulling at the ends of a moving room to not break down.
Triple track slide's motors are more power full (150 watts) and have a 500:1 reduction drive; where as, the two track slide's motors are less powerful (115 watts) with a 350:1 gear reduction. The big Palazzos have a Schwintec full in-wall triple track slide with washer/drier, complete kitchen and a residential frig.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:49 AM   #26
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
Why yes, yes I did. I don't understand your issue with my statement. FOR ME, it WAS easier to DRIVE AND PARK than my Class C and I have HAD NO ISSUES with Thor. Minor issues were immediately taken care of and I will shock you further...my dealer was Camping World which is the same dealer I purchased my Class C from and they have treated me well both times. Some if us aren't afraid to say these things
Oh and by the way, THIS IS A THOR FORUM, if you aren't happy with your Thor if you have one, why are you still here. This lady asked for personal opinions of a specific year, make and model and I gave her MY personal opinion which is a positive one.
I do not hate Camping World for one, but most do not have good reputations for service. That being said, a few do and do a terrific job. The one close to us did not have a good service department and I never went back. It has been ten years now. They do have a lot of rigs lined up most of the time in the last few years for service. Perhaps things have changed, but once burned....
Old 02-14-2021, 03:05 PM   #27

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #13861
We have a 2018 Windsport 29M for sale with 5800 miles. Are asking $79,000. We like it but are unable to travel as planned.
I did the CHF, alignment, rear trac bar and steering stabilizer. They all made a big difference in its handling
Old 02-14-2021, 03:57 PM   #28

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP View Post
I do not hate Camping World for one, but most do not have good reputations for service. That being said, a few do and do a terrific job. The one close to us did not have a good service department and I never went back. It has been ten years now. They do have a lot of rigs lined up most of the time in the last few years for service. Perhaps things have changed, but once burned....

I don’t t hate CW either but I’d not use them for service. They usually have a great selection of RVs to choose from if you’re shopping. They do have some terribly uninformed associates and rather aggressive sales practices but if you don’t mind pushing back you can get a good price.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:37 PM   #29

State: North Carolina
THOR #20901
Y2018 thor windsport 29m

Y2018 THOR WINDSPORT 29M

We traded up from 29’ Class C to the THOR 29M primarily to get more room and to enjoy the Class A experience before we aged out of camping. The used THOR 29M we purchased in January, 2020 had 12000 miles on it.

Driving feel:
The Class A drives very much like the Class C since both are/were powered by the Ford V-10. The V-10 has more than enough horsepower. We have not modified the suspension, have not seen/felt any need to. The THOR Class A is less sensitive to passing traffic since it is heavier than the Class C. Since both are/were Ford V-10’s, the gas mileage is about the same, i.e. abt 7-8 mpg.

Problems we have had:

1/ No slide-out power:
This was different than the Class C.
This occurred on a trip to Illinois in April 2020. We parked in a KOA and discovered that the slide-out would not work. Also discovered that the DRL’s were on and the sunshade would not go down (i.e. lower past the midscreen running position). Several hours of troubleshooting resulted in the fact that operating the windshield wipers (which occurred earlier in the day during a rain shower) has ‘locked’ the electrical system in the ‘running’ mode, i.e. the system thought we were still driving. After downloading the Ford chassis manual and more reading, we found the reset switch on the turn signal stem which corrected the problem. Two different RV dealers explored this problem which neither dealer had ever seen before. Neither dealer was able to locate the problem. I believe it to be a possible wiring error during manufacture, i.e. the windshield wiper/washer motor is powered from the wrong location thus allowing it to create the problem. At present, we simply use the ‘reset’ when/if the problem occurs.
Locate this ‘reset’ on the turn signal stem before you buy the THOR.

2/ Bathroom toilet:
This also was different than the Class C:
Initially, toilet paper was clogging up the sewer pipe when used. We had to keep a long stick handy to push the paper plug down into the black water tank. Close examination revealed a joint at the bottom of the pipe that was catching the ‘dry’ toilet tissue and causing the problem. Later research indicated that the toilet bowl must be ‘filled’ prior to use, i.e. if the toilet tissue is ‘wet’, then it will fall into the black tank w/o clogging the sewer pipe. Filling the bowl resolved this problem. So, don’t forget to ‘fill the bowl’.

3/ The extra bed over the driver seats:
This extra bunk is lowered electrically when parked. While driving it is raised up into the stored position out of the way. The bed has a manual safety pin inserted on each side to prevent lowering of the bed while driving.
My wife forgot to insert these safety pins once while prepping for a trip. Suddenly we are driving down the interstate and the overhead bed slowly creeps down. We find ourselves bending forward to see thru the windshield…not a good thing. We quickly stopped at the next rest area (close by) to reposition the bed and replace the safety pins.
So…be sure these safety pins are in place before driving.

3/ Access to driver side storage:
While parked with the slideout extened, access to the driver side storage areas is difficult.
This is the result of the full length slide-out. So, for storage, plan to stow items used while parked in the passenger side storage areas.

4/ Outside refrigerator compartment:
This compartment at rear of passenger side is designed for outside grilling/cooking activities (in combo with the outside TV). However, this design reduces the amount of storage available and eliminates the big convenience of a large ‘pass-thru’ storage compartment in the rear (which we had in the Class C). I use the refrigerator to store my beer but would rather have the large ‘pass-thru’ storage to hold all the stuff that the wife insists that we must have on board.

5/ The very big windshield….
The previous Class C has a regular size windshield and was easier to access.
The very big windshield on the THOR Class A is very nice while driving (and enjoying the view) but it is the devil to clean the thing (for us elderly folks). We have bought two different ‘long pole’ brushes but have not made the cleaning much easier.
Additionally, this windshield has a large surface area which needs cleaning often while driving to clear the bug accumulation. The water reservoir for the windshield washer is too small. I plan to add a second water reservoir (to double the water capacity) which should be easy to do. I also add DAWN when filling the reservoir, only a small amount is needed.

6/ Roof drainage..
This matter makes cleaning the windshield more difficult. A white material deposit from the roof drains down across the windshield, makes a mess, and it is difficult to remove. Adding DAWN detergent to the windshield washer helps with the cleaning. This also makes a mess of the side windows on both sides.

7/ Missing plywood panel piece at door entry..
From the inside position, the door right side molding strip would not stay screwed in place. Repair at our local RV dealer was unsuccessful. Closer examination revealed that the plywood wall panel beneath the molding was appr1’ too short (horizontally). Thus at the right side of the door, there was a 1” gap (plywood missing) thus the screws for the plastic molding had nothing to attach to.
I was able to cut a 6’ length of 1” wide plywood, then fit it into the gap to fill up the hole. Then the plastic molding screws were able to do their job and all is well.
Check this area before buying the THOR.

8/ Water heater..
Our water heater is under the kitchen sink. The water heater has three valves to provide the ‘water heater bypass’ function. These valves must be found/repositioned prior to winterizing the vehicle. The bypass function prevents filling the water heater with antifreeze while winterizing. On our THOR, one of these valves is hidden behind the wooden panel at the bottom of the water heater. Using a 2” hole saw, I plan to cut an access hole for this missing valve.
Check this out before you buy the THOR.

9/ Other black water tank issues:
We have NOT had this problem.
The THOR forum contains info regarding blockage of the sewer discharge lines. Per the FORUM, this is probably caused by manufacture, i.e. the tech cuts a hole in the black water tank to install the discharge line. But…the resulting cutout plug is then left inside the black water tank and later results in blockage of the discharge line when drainage is attempted. Blockage is NOT a good thing when attempting to dump a full black water tank and NOT easy to solve !!

Overall,
The THOR class A has been a good experience. I have been disappointed in the number of problems but we have learned much and the problems have been overcome.
Old 02-17-2021, 02:56 PM   #30

Model: Hurricane 32T
THOR #20883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
I'm looking at a 2019 Thor Hurricane 29M.....wondering opinions on this RV. I have C CLASS now but am looking to buy a new A class. This machine only has 9000KM. Does anyone have opinions on this RV?

I traded in my Class C for a 2021 Hurricane 32T. We couldn’t be happier. Added Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer and Koni shocks. She drives awesome. It has everything we need.
2020 Chevy Spark LS (Toad)
FMCA F519509
fny007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:00 AM   #31

State: New Brunswick
THOR #22063
2019 Thor Hurricane 29M Class "A" Motorhome

Thank you so much for all your comments about the Thor Hurricane. I really appreciate the stabilizing ideas and Jim's detail was amazing. I bought the RV and am hoping it will be a good fit for us. I appreciate any more details anyone has to share...
Old 04-12-2021, 12:31 PM   #32

THOR #22063
Hi, I now have my 2019 Thor Hurricane and we spent the day yesterday working on the drawers which closed crooked and many latches are broken so we ordered some new ones. The control panel is new to us so we are hoping for a bit of support. The main power switch by the door does not seem to turn off all the power like our old motorhome so we are wondering if there is a secret to that. We also could not get the heat turned off without unplugging the mail electrical plug. We couldn't find an off switch like the lights have...is there one?
Old 04-12-2021, 12:32 PM   #33

THOR #22063
Glad for the bunk pin message, ours was dangling as we drove away. Thanks...I'll go secure it now.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:07 PM   #34
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
The main power switch by the door does not seem to turn off all the power like our old motorhome so we are wondering if there is a secret to that.
The "main power switch" sole purpose is to disconnect the house batteries from the house DC power buss. If you are plugged into SP the Converter will continue to power the DC buss even if the switch is off.

You should be able to turn off the furnace with your thermostat controls.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote