Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2019, 12:55 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40RT
State: North Carolina
THOR #15805
2019 Tuscany 40rt air dump

This may sound silly but does anyone know if there is a way to dump the air in my 2019 Tuscany 40rt ? I have no switch or handle that I can find.

Old 11-03-2019, 12:43 AM   #2
RWF

Model: Tuscany 36MQ
State: Washington
THOR #15174
My 14" tuscany has a manual air dump just below the drivers left knee. I drove a brand X a while back and it dumped the air automatically when you hit auto level on the jacks........
Old 11-03-2019, 01:02 AM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
yes, I've seen some makes and models that only provide an 'automatic' dump when you go to level the coach....but many of ours, like the Palazzo, have the lever next to the driver left leg that you push 'forward' to 'AUTO', for traveling or to keep the air bags inflated, and pull 'back' to 'MANUAL' to deflate, or lower, the bags on your own.

Now, the 'auto' feature built into our Palazzo means that no matter 'which' side you have the level on, when you put the rig in GEAR, it's going to inflate the bags, no matter - for travel.
Also, if you have the lever in the 'MANUAL' mode, and you stop the rig, and pull the air brakes, the bags will then AUTOMATICALLY deflate, since you have it set that way.

For us, we stop, find our best parking position, then lower the bags MANUALLY, regardless of whether we are going to put down the leveling legs, or not, such as at a parking lot or somewhere where the ground may not like it as much. We can still 'lower' the coach, for less movement, and easier exiting from the door.
If we want, for some reason, to level the coach WITHOUT lower the air bags, we can do that too.

I would not desire to have a fully 'automatic' air bags system since it would seem to take away the ability to have all the options YOU want - unless there is some way to bypass this 'only when Leveling' feature.
Maybe your system will drop the bags when you start to deploy the legs, in MANUAL mode, and you can then simply NOT continue dropping the legs, but let the air release from the bags anyway.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote