Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2021, 12:16 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #20840
Cool Seals on shower door.

I just punched a 2015 Chateau Citation 24SL. I have one question and one issue. My first question involves the outlets in the unit. Do I need to be on shore power or the generator for the outlets to work?
My second issue is a problem with the seal and shower sweep on the units shower door? First, any thoughts on how to remove the shower door and where can I find replacements for the seals and shower sweep?

Old 01-24-2021, 12:34 AM   #2

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Seals on shower door.

Can’t help with the shower door, but generally yes you need to be connected to shore power or on the generator for your standard AC outlets to work. The exception is the you MIGHT have an inverter connected to a few select outlets and they will work on your shore/generator when available or your batteries when it’s not. If you have this feature it will likely be connected to your TVs and your outside fridge if you have one. Oh, and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the learning curve and many happy travels.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:51 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Try an Amazon search for shower door seals. Look through the pictures and product dimensions and see if one might work.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 01:51 AM   #4

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Welcome to the forum. The outlets are supplied power through shore power(coach plugged into the 30 amp outlet) or when the generator is operating. Unless the previous owner installed an inverter. Inverters can use your battery 12 volt power and operate limited outlets(usually the refrigerator or TV). Some owners install one outlet directly to the inverter to use for specific items(computer/light...) only. Like Lt. Keefer said Amazon has a wide selection of shower door seals to look at. You just need to match it up with what is currently on the shower door.

Paul
Old 01-24-2021, 05:11 AM   #5

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
You may want to look on etrailer.com also. They have a fair selection of rv parts.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote