Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2020, 08:40 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #18037
2020 Thor Class B+ Sprinter

I have a 2020 Thor Four Winds with the new Sprinter chassis any new Sprinter chassis members out there? I've not had a chance to get out yet still in winter mode here in North Idaho /Eastern Washington, but ran into an odd issue with the Mercedes MBUX system. The stowage compartment on top of the dash has the USB port to connect you smartphone to utilize Android Auto or Apple Carplay so you get all of the capabilities these phone aps have. The issue with my new Sprinter is the USB port is a USB-C which is the same as the charging input on my phone. I purchased a cable with USB-C on both ends and did connect my Samsung Galaxy S10, and that did give Android Auto on the MBUX infotainment system, but I have to connect the phone 100% of the time. The MB manual seems to indicate I should only have to do it the first time and it should Bluetooth after that. Sorry for the long post but it's kind of technical, any other new Sprinter chassis owners dealing with this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200206_132916.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	22510

Old 02-19-2020, 02:25 AM   #2

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Once 'paired' your phone should auto-connect, as long as blue tooth is turned on.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:10 PM   #3

State: Washington
THOR #18037
I have blue tooth turned on in the coach and on my phone but I still have to connect the cable every time to use Android Auto, and I don't know if it is because my Sprinter came with the USB-C port. I am going to talk to the MB parts dept to see if I can order the standard USB port, as it looks like with the right tool that port can be removed and the norm USB port plugged in. Thanks for the get back