Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2020, 01:29 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
2020 Thor Magnitude XG32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCG View Post
I'm back. Having a hard time finding the inverter. Found converter under the bed. For some reason some of my plugs don't work when I'm not plug into power. So now looking for reset on inverter box. Any help?

You need to go to the Owners Resource sure and download your schematics. It clearly shows which outlets are powers by the Inverter.

I have an SV34 and I’m going to bet the house yours is wired identically to mine.

You will see that the Inverter only powers the fridge, outdoor TV, the cab-over TV and one of the outlets near the bed for a C-PAP machine.

The GFCI outlets and other outlets are not powered by the Inverter.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:20 AM   #42

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
We just got back from boondocking also. Many of the same issues. Found out that if GFIC trips you need to go find 120v to reset. That is stupid. Where is the inverter located? I see converter under the bed. Anyway can't get inverted power through the GFI plug even after reset the GFI plug. So looking for reset on inverter. Joys of owning a RV.
I just recently purchased a 2020 XG32 Omni and the inverter is in the outside storage bay, passenger side, right of the entry door to the coach.
Old 06-15-2020, 12:18 PM   #43

THOR #12751
My Inverter is located in the same location on my SV34.

I relocated it to the shelf area to allow for more storage area in the main portion of the bay.

Also all GFCI outlet's (home or RV) need power to be reset.
Old 06-16-2020, 12:40 AM   #44

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #15296
Lino flooring

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV View Post
And for those who may be wondering: I did NOT pick up my Magnitude last week as planned.

As noted, drove 12 hours to go and get her, hotel, fuel, etc. But the issue with the floor (and I mean in a very conspicuous spot right in the middle of the floor) was a deal breaker for me and I walked away.

A "tile" in the linoleum had been removed (supposedly due to a dent in the floor) and the repair was just going to be a major eyesore, probably would peel and curl in a few weeks, etc. That linoleum needs to be one solid sheet...once a "piece" of that solid sheet is removed, it will never be the same. At least in my world.

Dealer tried to have me take it by offering additional incentives but in the end they figured out I was not about to do so. It was shiny, clean, all opened up and ready for further inspections...and boy, that F550 is SWEET but my prudent side (and Gritz Carlton comment leading the way) said walk away. So I did. Was not easy. But best choice.

Ordered another and should arrive by around Thanksgiving. SWe are still most excited and other than the floor issue there were only very minor other issues during the rest of the walkthough. It is a great sized coach for two, the Ford F550 is super nice and the floorplan is not too big, not too small...just right.

Once I pick her up I shall report back.
I had a bolt pop up under the lino floor. It was “warranty repaired” by cutting the vinyl, tightening the bolt (could not be done from the bottom) and gluing the vinyl down. The repair wasn’t done right (sticky glue, curling corners, etc.). I permanently repaired it with contact cement. BTW you did the right thing.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:18 AM   #45
MCG

State: Utah
THOR #17782
Found inverter. Reached around to find reset button. It seemed loose. Couldn't push in or out. Now the inverter comes on for 2 seconds and then shuts down. What a pain. Have the red light on inside monitor but only shuts down in a second or two. Can't see error code. Made appt to take the rig in next week.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:04 PM   #46

THOR #12751
Quote:
Found inverter. Reached around to find reset button. It seemed loose. Couldn't push in or out. Now the inverter comes on for 2 seconds and then shuts down. What a pain. Have the red light on inside monitor but only shuts down in a second or two. Can't see error code. Made appt to take the rig in next week.

If you have the Freedom X 2000, the internal Inverter breaker is not used. That breaker is used if you installed the optional GFCI outlet that can mount inside the inverter.

Here is something to check......

There is a control panel built into the top of the Inverter and then a remote control panel inside the coach. The control panel built into the inverter must have it's power button in the OFF (out) position for the remote control panel to work properly.

Might be worth checking if you have not checked it previously. My coach had the control panel built into the Inverter in the on position from the factory and it would not allow the remote control panel to control it properly.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:14 PM   #47
MCG

THOR #17782
Thanks, so last night I pulled the rig out and put slides out. Messed with the control panel and was getting a flashing lcd and red light. No error. Time to back into barn so started engine and put slides in. Noticed inverter working normally now. I think something to do with more charge from the engine running? Still going to take it in. Weird.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:54 PM   #48

THOR #12751
Quote:
Thanks, so last night I pulled the rig out and put slides out. Messed with the control panel and was getting a flashing lcd and red light. No error. Time to back into barn so started engine and put slides in. Noticed inverter working normally now. I think something to do with more charge from the engine running? Still going to take it in. Weird.
If the house batteries are below 12.6v, the BIM160 will allow the alternator to begin charging them.

The Xantrex has several settings and one of them is the Low Voltage Shut Down Voltage. Depending on the charge of the house batteries and what voltage is set in the Inverter' settings, it could just be shutting down because the house battery volltage is too low.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:06 PM   #49
MCG

THOR #17782
Where did you locate your bumper? Ford or online someplace? When you get your new seating installed post a picture. Love to see it.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:59 PM   #50

Model: XG-32
State: Texas
THOR #19089
We have a 2020 XG-32. When we picked it up at the dealer the trailer hitch had one nut missing, one nut at the end of the bolt, and the others loose.
The dinette windows flex in the wind so bad that you can not here inside. The factory is aware of this problem and will replace the windows in two months.
The exhaust pipe on the engine melted a hole in the right rear storage bin because the heat shield is missing.
The DEF filler hose went over the frame and flexed up too high and the DEF would not go in the tank. I tie wrapped it down against the frame so that i could fill the tank.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:14 PM   #51

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by XG32owner View Post
We have a 2020 XG-32. When we picked it up at the dealer the trailer hitch had one nut missing, one nut at the end of the bolt, and the others loose.
The dinette windows flex in the wind so bad that you can not here inside. The factory is aware of this problem and will replace the windows in two months.
The exhaust pipe on the engine melted a hole in the right rear storage bin because the heat shield is missing.
The DEF filler hose went over the frame and flexed up too high and the DEF would not go in the tank. I tie wrapped it down against the frame so that i could fill the tank.

That is a bummer.... no excuse for poor workmanship and worse quality control.

Unfortunately that is the RV world we all live in more often than not.

I fell lucky that our Magnitude SV34 has only relatively minor issues for the most part and I have been able to correct a lot of them myself.

I have mine at the dealer right now getting some warranty work done. They have had it about 2 1/2 weeks so far but I am getting regular updates from my Service Advisor and they have about 80% of the work done so far.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:46 PM   #52

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by XG32owner View Post
I have the same issue with the forward window over our dinette on our XG32, waiting on a replacement window to come in. They also need to fix a pinched vent hose on the forward fuel tank.
I will check out our DEF tank line and trailer hitch. Need to look at the exhaust to make sure I don't have the same issue,
Old 07-03-2020, 11:34 AM   #53
AHC

State: South Carolina
THOR #19465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire View Post
Just picked up a the new RV, it is a 2021 with all the new changes. Added a new bumper today. Next the tires, I can't believe they sell a 4x4 model with street slicks🤬, and getting it capable to dry camp. It drives better than my 2500 cabover and I love the electronics on the Ford chassis and in the RV.
Can you please provide manufacturer info. I have hit too many deer in my time and wasn't aware there was a product made for the F550. Tires too, where you able to source a more aggressive tread while still maintaining the sidewall integrity?

Please and Thank you
Old 07-08-2020, 06:51 PM   #54
AHC

THOR #19465
Can you please provide me with the manufacturer of the new full protection front bumper you added. Looks great!

Ok so, I've tracked it down (Buckstop Inc and the model is the Outback) and ordered one!!! Cant wait. Now for the tires.

Here is the link to those also interested.

https://www.buckstopinc.com/outback-1760-4877.html
Old 07-08-2020, 07:16 PM   #55

THOR #12751
What he said!

I'd like to know more about that bumper as well.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:42 AM   #56

Model: Omni XG32
State: California
THOR #18499
Bumper

The bumper is a Buckstop. Also put new Toyo M655 tires on it that are 4 season tires. It took about 1,000 miles to break them in, a lot of sway while breaking them in. Also added 1100 watts of solar, 400amp Lithium batteries, new solar charge controller and a new inverter charger. Also changed all the 110 outlets to be run by the inverter including the microwave. It's so nice having all that power and battery storage. I'm usually fully charged by 11am. Only need the generator for the AC.
On a negative note, my shower door blew up while I was driving down the highway and the refrigerator bracket screws stripped out of the top of the refrigerator. I made a bracket that spreads the load across the entire refrigerator with 11 screws instead of 4 screws.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:46 AM   #57

THOR #18499
Bumper

Bumper picture attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200605_153227.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	24725  
Old 07-09-2020, 04:51 AM   #58

THOR #18499
Solar

Solar on roof and battery bay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200621_163353.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	24727   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200622_204359.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	24728  

Old 07-09-2020, 09:20 AM   #59

THOR #12751
That's a nice setup! ......but I would not want to give up that much storage space for it.... but if you dry camp a lot, it would be the way to go.

The mounting bracket on the top of the refrigerator was from the gorillas at Thor who like to go crazy with screw guns installing every screw on the coach. Mine was the same way.

Check the hinges on your entry door. They over tightened almost every screw that holds the hinges to the door.Most of the screws worked loose and wouldn't tighten again so I had to use bigger and longer screws. The stock screws were far too short and narrow anyway for the size of the door.

What happened to the shower door? I'd like to check mine to make sure that doesn't happen to mine.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:54 AM   #60
AHC

THOR #19465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire View Post
The bumper is a Buckstop. Also put new Toyo M655 tires on it that are 4 season tires. It took about 1,000 miles to break them in, a lot of sway while breaking them in. Also added 1100 watts of solar, 400amp Lithium batteries, new solar charge controller and a new inverter charger. Also changed all the 110 outlets to be run by the inverter including the microwave. It's so nice having all that power and battery storage. I'm usually fully charged by 11am. Only need the generator for the AC.
On a negative note, my shower door blew up while I was driving down the highway and the refrigerator bracket screws stripped out of the top of the refrigerator. I made a bracket that spreads the load across the entire refrigerator with 11 screws instead of 4 screws.
Excellent write up! Thank you kindly.