Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-10-2020, 02:13 AM   #21
UAV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude XG32
State: Colorado
THOR #16507
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCG View Post
How is the 2020 MAGNITUDE XG32 working out for you? Wondering what the final cost was after all the hassle.
Hey there...

Never took delivery of that 2020 due to that floor issue.

Also, found out that they are moving the very bad location of the whole house filter. Few, if any, sales people will even know about this.

Really like that XG32 but my wife is now liking the new Dynamaxs with the Xplorer Package. Right now it is only offered on their Isata 5 28SS but they are planning on offering on other models as well.

Worth taking a look at for sure...Much better insulation, lithium batteries, 800W of solar, heated bays, much nicer paint job, etc. Takes two weeks to make an entire XG32, takes three weeks just to paint the Dynamaxs.

For now, we have decided to wait until after the election. If things don't work out well there I told her we are moving far away! In our minds it is for all the marbles

I am pretty keen to the specs on both the Magnitudes and the Dynamaxs so if you have any questions, feel free to ask...I may be able to provide at least a little insight.

Old 01-13-2020, 02:40 AM   #22

State: Ohio
THOR #17804
Status

Hey I was checking to see if you ever picked up your Thor magnitude XG 32 and what is the true length I need it to be under 33 foot not including the ladder I keep getting conflicting measurements in order to drive on the beach where I live you have to be under 33 foot it would be a bummer if they were selling me this unit and then wouldn’t get me a parking pass because I’m 6 inches over and I’m about to spend a buck and a half and something they told me that would be under 33
Old 01-13-2020, 01:42 PM   #23

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Just read about a recall notoce on the Dynamax (NHTSA) whereby slides can intermittenly deploy and retract on their own...even if you're traveling along. Potential buyers beware.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:48 PM   #24
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Just read about a recall notoce on the Dynamax (NHTSA) whereby slides can intermittenly deploy and retract on their own...even if you're traveling along. Potential buyers beware.
Interesting. On my Forest River SunSeeker the awning deployed (extended) on I95 going 55 MPH. Now they have potential slide deployment issues on the Dynamax Isata.

I looked at the recall and it is on the Class C Mercedes Sprinter version of the Isata and not the Super C Isata 5.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #25

THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Interesting. On my Forest River SunSeeker the awning deployed (extended) on I95 going 55 MPH. Now they have potential slide deployment issues on the Dynamax.

Actually the awning of the Dynamax is included in that same recall. I found the link on the Harvest Host website. It listed all active RV recalls.
Old 02-29-2020, 12:31 AM   #26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Hawaii
THOR #18136
Happy Friday and hope all is well!

Does anyone know if Thor will be offering the 35BH or 35BB model with 4x4? Curious why they wouldn't offer it now in those models.

We are really excited about the 35BB with the outside kitchen and floorplan. Having the 4x4 would make it an epic choice for us.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:13 AM   #27
MCG

State: Utah
THOR #17782
Magnitude XG32

Just picked up our Mag xg32. Just getting to know her. Found a latch on the second step going into the rig. But can't figure out what it is for. Thought maybe storage inside step but can't get it opened. Ideas?
Old 03-26-2020, 08:48 PM   #28

THOR #11130
Quote:
Just picked up our Mag xg32. Just getting to know her. Found a latch on the second step going into the rig. But can't figure out what it is for. Thought maybe storage inside step but can't get it opened. Ideas?

Batteries...should be two 6-Volts. Turn the latch and twist/force it a bit...it's a cam style.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:38 AM   #29

Model: Omni XG32
State: California
THOR #18499
Just picked up 2021 XG32

Just picked up a the new RV, it is a 2021 with all the new changes. Added a new bumper today. Next the tires, I can't believe they sell a 4x4 model with street slicks🤬, and getting it capable to dry camp. It drives better than my 2500 cabover and I love the electronics on the Ford chassis and in the RV.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:42 PM   #30
MCG

THOR #17782
Magnitude XG32

Why a new bumper? Took me awhile to figure out the lane assist feature. The previous models had it mounted on the dash left of steering.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:47 PM   #31

THOR #18499
The new models have all the sensors mounted in the rearview camera/mirror. I have had too many run-ins with dear and cattle at night. A full protection front bumper goes on every truck I own.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:35 PM   #32
MCG

THOR #17782
Magnitude XG32

could you post a picture of new bumper on the rig? I'm in deer country as well but have only hit one in the last 20 years with our 1987 jeep wrangler. Totaled it.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:44 AM   #33

THOR #18499
Hopefully this has the bumper pic attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front wBumper.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	23171  
Old 04-05-2020, 02:47 PM   #34

THOR #11130
Pretty awesome looking bumper!! You're gonna love that camper and the power is unbelievable!!
Old 04-05-2020, 04:07 PM   #35
MCG

THOR #17782
I like it. Might follow your lead. Let me know any problems you come across and I'll do the same.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:51 PM   #36

THOR #18499
Drove across California in a heavy rain and wind today. Drives incredible. I love the 10 speed transmission. It took all the mountain passes at whatever speed I wanted. Avg 9.3mpg @ 70mph.
Old 04-17-2020, 02:11 AM   #37

THOR #18499
Self isolated in the high desert the past week and a half. Towed a trailer over the Sierra's averaged 9.6mpg.
First impressions: still love the Ford f550 chassis. It's designed for being plugged in, not Boondocking. But I knew that going in. Thor does some cheap things, two of the three vents are cheap, the one in the bathroom you can turn on via the Firefly switch but you can't open the vent?? And the wife can't reach it. The vent above the dinette rattles as you are driving. The Girard tankless is terrible for dry camping, unless you like a cold blast of water in the middle of rinsing off. The pull out drawer under the stove has no latch to hold it place. Opens the door every time while driving. A simple slider door latch solved that problem. The "incliners" theater seats are terrible, the backs don't recliner at all. I have the dynamax theater seats on order.
I love the panoramic window in the cab over, the residential refrigerator is great and will be awesome once I replace the batteries, inverter and charge controller and add 600 Watts of solar. The floor plan is my favorite thing. Overall I'm very happy and love the XG32!
Old 06-14-2020, 08:24 PM   #38
MCG

THOR #17782
I'm back. Having a hard time finding the inverter. Found converter under the bed. For some reason some of my plugs don't work when I'm not plug into power. So now looking for reset on inverter box. Any help?
Old 06-14-2020, 08:34 PM   #39
MCG

THOR #17782
We just got back from boondocking also. Many of the same issues. Found out that if GFIC trips you need to go find 120v to reset. That is stupid. Where is the inverter located? I see converter under the bed. Anyway can't get inverted power through the GFI plug even after reset the GFI plug. So looking for reset on inverter. Joys of owning a RV.
Old 06-15-2020, 12:49 AM   #40
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
I'm back. Having a hard time finding the inverter. Found converter under the bed. For some reason some of my plugs don't work when I'm not plug into power. So now looking for reset on inverter box. Any help?
In most cases not all plugs flow through the inverter. Generally the residential refrigerator and audio visual equipment will run off the inverter as well as one or two other plugs. The are some plugs that will not have juice unless you are connected to shore power or have the generator running.

If you want specific info on which plugs are on the inverter circuit contact Thor and ask for the 120VAC wiring diagram for your coach.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote