Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2020, 02:29 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgher View Post
I just purchased my first RV the 2021 Thor Vegas 24.1. I've been looking at this rig for the past 4 years. When the unit was delivered, I noticed the the external TV was missing. Had no idea this was to be discontinued. I was very disappointed to say the least. I guess they had to off set the cost for the power seats, remote leveling jacks, and heated water bins. The V8 engine gives another 30 plus horsepower and has a nice little rumble sound to it. There were no new brochures or photos of the 2021 units. Thor would just use the generic old information and pulled a fast one on me.

Congratulations.

I believe you’re one of the first if not the first here with the updated 2021 E-Series chassis and engine.

When you’ve taken a trip or two, please report fuel economy if you can. There’s been a lot of interest on possible differences between V8 and V10.

Assuming it’s an E-350 as advertised, it would be interesting to know whether Thor specified/ordered the chassis with 4.10 or 4.56 differential gears; assuming it’s a choice. That could help a little extra with fuel economy.

Good luck with your new and first motorhome and RV.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:27 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Louisiana
THOR #16756
2021 Thor Vegas 24.1

I have not taken ownership of my 2021 Thor Vegas yet. The dealership I purchased it from has sold more units this month than ever before so i'm in pre delivery inspection mode. Scheduled to pick her up on 06/09. Also scheduled to drop my 2016 Wrangler on 06/06 to be prepped for TOAD duty.
The Ford camp has been boasting of their new 7.3 liter and its performance potential. There is a "Godzilla" version with 400 hp @500 lbs ft of torque for the HD F250, F350, F600 pickup models . Now if this is the same engine for these RV's I don't know. Like a blind man once said "we will see".
As I mentioned before, my Vegas had that throaty Mustang sound to it and the exhaust manifolds literally look like headers. I will keep you posted as things move forward. Thanks for your interest.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:05 AM   #23

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Exterior TV

The website shows an illustration of a Vegas with an exterior TV
However, if your examine the features...it does not list an exterior TV (even as a possible option)
So, then it must been discontinued?

thormotorcoach.com/vegas/features/
Old 06-01-2020, 02:20 AM   #24

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgher View Post
I have not taken ownership of my 2021 Thor Vegas yet. The dealership I purchased it from has sold more units this month than ever before so i'm in pre delivery inspection mode. Scheduled to pick her up on 06/09. Also scheduled to drop my 2016 Wrangler on 06/06 to be prepped for TOAD duty.
The Ford camp has been boasting of their new 7.3 liter and its performance potential. There is a "Godzilla" version with 400 hp @500 lbs ft of torque for the HD F250, F350, F600 pickup models . Now if this is the same engine for these RV's I don't know. Like a blind man once said "we will see".
As I mentioned before, my Vegas had that throaty Mustang sound to it and the exhaust manifolds literally look like headers. I will keep you posted as things move forward. Thanks for your interest.
This has been discussed with Ford's information. The 7.3 will not be 400 HSP.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:30 AM   #25

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
The website shows an illustration of a Vegas with an exterior TV
However, if your examine the features...it does not list an exterior TV (even as a possible option)
So, then it must been discontinued?

thormotorcoach.com/vegas/features/

Exterior TV might be an option because MHSRV has 2021 Axis advertised with exterior TV.

“New 2021 Thor Motor Coach Axis
24.1 RUV W/ Pwr Driver Seat, Stabilizers, WiFi, Ext TV”
Old 06-01-2020, 02:51 AM   #26

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
This has been discussed with Ford's information. The 7.3 will not be 400 HSP.
In Super Duty pickups it’s 430 HP at 5,500 RPM and 475 lb-ft at 4,000 RPM.

In RVs and larger trucks it’s rated 350 HP at 3,900 RPM and 468 lb-ft at 3,900 RPM.

Up to 3,900 RPM, torque and power appear the same for both engine ratings, so likely same engine physically. What happens beyond 3,900 RPM is anyone’s guess, but it’s hard to imagine Ford will level off power at 350 HP above 3,900 RPM.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:57 AM   #27
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Exterior TV might be an option because MHSRV has 2021 Axis advertised with exterior TV.

Exterior TV is not listed anywhere on Thor's website for either Axis or Vegas. It used to be and shown as an option.

Here is the 2020 24.1 floorplan showing an exterior TV as an option:

Here is the 2021 24.1 floorplan with the exterior TV text removed:

I tried to check the brochures: It is in the 2020 brochure but there isn't a 2021 brochure to download so....
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 12:05 PM   #28

State: Alaska
THOR #17204
Quote:

I have a sheet from Thor on our soon-to-arrive 24.1. It specifically says no exterior TV, which is fine by me.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:15 PM   #29
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauerman View Post
I have a sheet from Thor on our soon-to-arrive 24.1. It specifically says no exterior TV, which is fine by me.
When you get it, pull the kitchend drawers out--the big ones. I bet you even money there is an outlet back there just laying on the floor LOL.

(There was in ours: We don't have the exterior TV either but we have the outlet for it but they didn't know what to do with it since there is no hole for the TV. They just left it there laying on the floor.)
Old 06-01-2020, 01:39 PM   #30

Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Back in 2016 and before (maybe after too) Thor made a cheap Axis and Vegas without the exterior and bedroom TVs, a 13,000 BTU AC instead of the 15,000 BTU and a single battery. This allowed them to advertise a lower price for the Axis and Vegas. I bought one of those Versions in 2016 and The dealer moved the bedroom TV and two new batteries from my 2014 Vegas to the new Axis. I thought they stopped building The cheap version in 2018 or 2019.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:12 PM   #31

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Back in 2016 and before (maybe after too) Thor made a cheap Axis and Vegas without the exterior and bedroom TVs, a 13,000 BTU AC instead of the 15,000 BTU and a single battery. This allowed them to advertise a lower price for the Axis and Vegas. I bought one of those Versions in 2016 and The dealer moved the bedroom TV and two new batteries from my 2014 Vegas to the new Axis. I thought they stopped building The cheap version in 2018 or 2019.
If I recall correctly, at the Axis/Vegas beginning there were many “options” like extra bedroom and outside TVs, extra battery, 15,000 BTU/hr A/C in place of 13,500, oven, etc. Eventually some of these were made standard — probably because most units were ordered that way and it was easier to build them all the same. I think the optional oven was discontinued altogether in 2018 when they moved the microwave down below counter.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:19 PM   #32

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
When you get it, pull the kitchend drawers out--the big ones. I bet you even money there is an outlet back there just laying on the floor LOL.

(There was in ours: We don't have the exterior TV either but we have the outlet for it but they didn't know what to do with it since there is no hole for the TV. They just left it there laying on the floor.)

If it’s correct that outside TV is discontinued even as an option, do you think they would still leave the outside TV compartment in place, or eliminate it and leave a smooth wall in its place?
Old 06-01-2020, 03:35 PM   #33
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
If it’s correct that outside TV is discontinued even as an option, do you think they would still leave the outside TV compartment in place, or eliminate it and leave a smooth wall in its place?
Ours has a smooth wall so they have been building them like that since 2014.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-06-01 113159.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	24037

In 2014 you had some options when ordering an Axis/Vegas:
  • Color scheme (inside and out)
  • Range with oven or just range
  • Outside TV or not
  • 13.5k or 15k A/C
(I'm sure there were others) but those were some of the major options.

We were prepared to order one (because we did not want the outside TV or the oven) but it turned out they had one on their lot configured just that way...
Old 06-01-2020, 03:39 PM   #34

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
All wiring harness are the same for each coach model. The wiring harness are delivered to the floor for the days production. The production floor has the build sheet in what options are to be installed. So, every coach is wired for all possible options.
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 03:41 PM   #35

Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Here is the brochure I saved from 2015. While the outside and bedroom TVs , 15k AC and second battery were listed as “options” in most cases only two models were shipped to dealers - one without any “options” and one with all the above “options”. I only think I saw one With the real oven. Not many people special ordered them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F29158F1-398F-4FA6-AE8C-107D3CB306C2.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	24038  
Old 06-01-2020, 04:10 PM   #36

THOR #2121
Quote:
Ours has a smooth wall so they have been building them like that since 2014.
Attachment 24037

In 2014 you had some options when ordering an Axis/Vegas:
  • Color scheme (inside and out)
  • Range with oven or just range
  • Outside TV or not
  • 13.5k or 15k A/C
(I'm sure there were others) but those were some of the major options.

We were prepared to order one (because we did not want the outside TV or the oven) but it turned out they had one on their lot configured just that way...
Thanks, never noticed that. I thought they all had the compartment so buyer could add their own TV later — in case they wanted a different brand.

Without compartment, I guess the under-counter wiring isn’t of much use. Although, recently I’ve seen some motorhomes with a very small TV mounting bracket and cable connection outside so you can move inside TV to outside temporarily. That would work for us because we’d only use an outside TV a few times while tailgating at football games. I’d have no use for it while camping.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:36 PM   #37
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Here is the brochure I saved from 2015. While the outside and bedroom TVs , 15k AC and second battery were listed as “options” in most cases only two models were shipped to dealers - one without any “options” and one with all the above “options”. I only think I saw one With the real oven. Not many people special ordered them.
That is because that is how the dealers ordered them. You could walk in and order whatever you wanted provided you were willing to wait for your coach to show up--just like a car.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:09 PM   #38

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
That is because that is how the dealers ordered them. You could walk in and order whatever you wanted provided you were willing to wait for your coach to show up--just like a car.
Very true but remember Thor MC switch from first in first out coach building to Batch Production for plants 650 and 750 in 2018. If you special order a coach that just finished its batch run, it could as long as 3 months before your coach is built. Usually a dealer will pull one of their previous orders and sub your order. This allows build and delivery in about a month for popular coach models. Plant 850 does thing very differently, as what they build is dependent on space on the plant floor; as there is no real production line. Entegra class A coach is entirely different, as a special order goes to the front of the line and the coach drives off the line in 7 weeks. A factory visit is well worth the time.
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:19 PM   #39

State: Alaska
THOR #17204
Quote:

I’ll check that out when we get it.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:28 PM   #40
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
If you've got an outlet hiding back there: would it be possible to "pull it to the surface", and put it to good use?