Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2021, 02:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13710
2021 E350 Ford Recall

Has anyone out there with a Thor Vegas/Axis received a recall notice on their 2021 E350 chassis and actually gone to a dealer and had the recall handled? I was supposed to go this morning and got lazy. The recall is about insulation and idle settings and I'm not having issues with either. We just got back from the Central Coast of California and all was good [emoji106].

Old 05-07-2021, 12:34 AM   #2

State: Wisconsin
THOR #22926
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorris92223 View Post
Has anyone out there with a Thor Vegas/Axis received a recall notice on their 2021 E350 chassis and actually gone to a dealer and had the recall handled? I was supposed to go this morning and got lazy. The recall is about insulation and idle settings and I'm not having issues with either. We just got back from the Central Coast of California and all was good [emoji106].
Got the same notice, Wondering if a regular Ford dealer can handle this, they are about 30 miles away. The nearest Camping World is about 100 miles away. There are over 500 miles on the camper and have noticed no problems.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:39 AM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by postman24 View Post
Got the same notice, Wondering if a regular Ford dealer can handle this, they are about 30 miles away. The nearest Camping World is about 100 miles away. There are over 500 miles on the camper and have noticed no problems.
What would Camping World have to do with a Ford recall?

Find a Ford dealer and get the recall taken care of before someone gets hurt or your rig breaks down.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:01 AM   #4

THOR #13710
I called Ford and was directed to fleet dealer in my area. They were ready to handle the inspection to see if I needed service. I've postponed the appointment didn't feel like getting up at 5am for a 7am appointment. No problems so far and I don't know if a regular Ford dealer can handle the problem.
Quote:
Old 05-07-2021, 01:20 AM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorris92223 View Post
I called Ford and was directed to fleet dealer in my area. They were ready to handle the inspection to see if I needed service. I've postponed the appointment didn't feel like getting up at 5am for a 7am appointment. No problems so far and I don't know if a regular Ford dealer can handle the problem.
Most Ford dealers cannot fit a motorhome in their bays and insurance and unions prevent them from working outside.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:03 AM   #6

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I would not assume that just because you don't have problems now.... you won't in the near future.

You mentioned "insulation".......

There was a guy who recently posted about his new 2021 Ford 7.3 and an issue with spark plug wires being too close to an unshielded exhaust manifold causing the wires to break down prematurely and fail.

While doing a long mountain climb with the engine running hard, his CEL came on and the coach started running very rough. He was out in the middle of nowhere. After doing research and finding a Recall, he ended up paying a courier service $175 to go to a Ford dealer and pickup the spark plug wires to bring them to him a couple hours away. The wires were almost $600 and now he is fighting with Ford to get reimbursed.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:12 PM   #7

THOR #13710
Today we finally got around to a trip to Ford on the recall. Took about two hours and they reprogrammed and checked heat shield. All was good and it's done.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:00 PM   #8

THOR #13710
Quote:
We had to go to a Ford fleet dealer, they have bays large enough to handle a Motor home.