RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2021, 01:35 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Vegas 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #1589
2021 Tampa RV Supershow

Anyone go to the show and care to report? This is the first time I didn't go since 2015.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:27 PM   #2

Model: Windsport 29m
THOR #8069
We went to the show on the 13th the 1st day.
They gave masks if wanted and took your tempature at the door attendence was a little light on day one.
Two buildings full of venders, not to many give aways like previous years. Many coaches to brouse through, most people would wait untill the coach was empty before entering and we did the same.
Liquid Springs was there with two coaches that you could test drive if intrested.
We always love the Tampa show.

Old 01-21-2021, 12:12 AM   #3

Model: 2016 Vegas 25.2
THOR #1589
Thanks Ron. It's no surprise that the crowd was slim. I had heard that Camping World might have a much reduced presence. The show website has the program book that is packed with ads and Florida camping information. Just not the same as being there!
Old 01-21-2021, 03:46 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunseeker 2500 TS Chevrol
State: Arkansas
THOR #13243
Camping World was not only not there, they chose to continuously buzz the event with a mufflerless aircraft pulling a Camping Worldbanner that said "We see your high prices from here."

Classy
Old 01-21-2021, 04:28 AM   #5

State: Texas
THOR #2121
I wanted to see the new Winnebago Ekko in person, plus any other new motorhomes that may have been there, but decided the week before show it was not worth the risk. Iím glad I stayed home.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:10 AM   #6

Model: Sunseeker 2500 TS Chevrol
State: Arkansas
THOR #13243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I wanted to see the new Winnebago Ekko in person, plus any other new motorhomes that may have been there, but decided the week before show it was not worth the risk. Iím glad I stayed home.
I toured the Ekko at Tampa and want one when the kids fly the coop. It is very well done
Old 01-23-2021, 03:09 PM   #7

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyFluffer View Post
I toured the Ekko at Tampa and want one when the kids fly the coop. It is very well done
Yeah, itís the closest thing Iíve seen to what Iíve been looking for ó a ďlittleĒ more space than a van but still small enough to park most places. Of major manufacturers, Winnebago seems to be the most willing to try new compact RV designs.

If you donít mind me asking a few questions.

Did they have both floorplans, or just the shorter one?

Did the semi-dry bathroom look well built and durable? And is it large enough? Concept of moveable wall to create separate shower seems very functional, but also adds complexity, and may just be something else to go wrong? Did it seem like it would hold up under repeated use?

Pictures of prototype show thick cushions on front seats to elevate to same height as dual dinette seat. Cushions may be comfortable, but on surface their use seems so wrong that I wanted to experience it in person. What did you think?

Picture also shows parking brake lever between seats. Iím not sure if that will remain with 2021 MY Transit. When front seats are facing forward for driving, was it difficult to get up and move to back of coach? You may have not gotten chance to try it at show.

Was the forward-facing 2-person seat comfortable (wide enough) for two adults for long periods, as if watching TV?

TV seems high relative to seats, but was it useable from that close up, or are you looking up at too high an angle?

Any feedback or comments about these or other design issues is appreciated. The Ekko would offer more space than a large van, but requires compromises. It would be great to compare to Travato side by side. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:57 PM   #8

Model: Four Winds 31L
THOR #19848
We went Thursday and Friday. Crowds were lower than prior years. Prices were higher due to demand. Airstream didn’t even show up - they are booked with so many preorders they saw no reason to come. I didn’t see many deals on gadgets either. I was looking for a TPMS and 10% off seemed to be the standard discount on everything.