Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2022, 08:25 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #27718
2022 Chateau class c with Sirus xm issues

The Axxera radio screen shows "check antenna" whenever Sirus is selected. AM / FM works OK. We called Camping World who sold us the unit and their tech said that some antennas installed by Ford won't pick up the Sirus signal.

I am looking for a simple fix, like replacing the antenna with one that will pick up Sirus, but that may not be a good fix. I checked into the Ford website, for Sirus antennas, but all they list is their line of F model trucks, no E 450 model motorhomes.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Old 09-01-2022, 09:17 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Nevada
THOR #27334
First, you should pull the radio and make sure the sirius antenna is connected, last vehicle I had with Sirius it uses a special antenna not the regular antenna.... so it should be another connection.

Sirius requires line of site to the sky, when I had that on a truck every underpass it would cut out. So the antenna *should* be mounted on the top of the coach vs. top of the chassis. Search the net for 'sirius antenna' and you'll get an idea of what they look like.

You might want to contact Thor, perhaps they can give Camping World a push... brand new coach..everything should work!
widdershins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 09:23 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefbos View Post
The Axxera radio screen shows "check antenna" whenever Sirus is selected. AM / FM works OK. We called Camping World who sold us the unit and their tech said that some antennas installed by Ford won't pick up the Sirus signal.

I am looking for a simple fix, like replacing the antenna with one that will pick up Sirus, but that may not be a good fix. I checked into the Ford website, for Sirus antennas, but all they list is their line of F model trucks, no E 450 model motorhomes.

Thanks,

Bill
First, Ford had nothing to do with your radio or antenna installation. That was Thor.

If the antenna is installed on the cap the issue is prosthetic ground plane and the antenna needs a better ground.
Old 09-02-2022, 01:17 PM   #4

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
My radio...for some crazy reason is installed right next to my face in the bed...wasn't working well. During my initial factory warranty visit the tech pulled the radio out...the antenna was still coiled up in the twist tie from the manufacturers packaging. They never extended it and ran it up the inside of the wall...just stuck the radio in the hole and over torqued the mounting screws.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 01:35 AM   #5

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefbos View Post

Thanks,

Bill
I had a motorhome that was Sirius ready, It didn't have it installed