Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2022, 05:59 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #26024
2022 Compass 23TW with no ladder

Our 2022 ladder arrived with no ladder. This is in spite of Thor's website still extolling the virtues of having an attached ladder, at about 10 to 11 minutes in on their youtube video. All videos and photos show the ladder and it is not listed as an option. I think there may have been a ladder shortage and they shipped them w/o ladders and w/o so notifying buyers . I've made repeated calls to thor and always seem to be shuttled to Lippert and they say the only thing they have is an "on the go" unattached ladder.

I have been told that the backing is still in the rear wall so can someone tell me the dimensions to the attachment arms so that I see if I can order an appropriate ladder, or the name of the ladder vendor?
Thank you, Dick

Old 04-25-2022, 06:49 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
You'll likely get an answer on the forum which states Thor would rather sell an incomplete product rather than wait for parts. Wonder if they'd do the same with a "shortage" of steering wheels?

There were many times in my job where I really didn't want to finish a really hard project... but I STILL wanted to collect my paycheck. But somehow it just didn't work that way... wonder what changed??
Old 04-26-2022, 04:05 PM   #3

State: New Mexico
THOR #26650
Just got our Compass...same thing, no ladder. Dealer says Thor dropped due to costs. Since not shown on equipment list, have no recourse. Would also known ow to locate hardpoints and cost of ladder.
Old 04-26-2022, 04:20 PM   #4

THOR #26024
I was told because of ladder availablity and that the dealer got a one hundred dollar credit but the mounting backing is still there.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:54 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Skeers View Post
I was told because of ladder availablity and that the dealer got a one hundred dollar credit but the mounting backing is still there.
Did you know the ladder was missing before you accepted it? If so, were you willing to buy without the ladder?

If the Windsport 29M were sold without the ladder or with ladder on the opposite side, I may have bought one. As they are designed right now; and where it would have parked on my RV Port at home it would have extended out into the rear alley way about 10 inches.

I am with you with wanting a ladder, but trying to see if you have recourse? Designs always change. Seems like you could have walked away if you wanted to?

The RV I bought (although the exact same model name) had at least 4 or 5 differences than all of the other models I had seen including a video made by a Dealer. In my case, I got the benefits of all the new features or changes which is why I flew half way across the country to go get it.

I couldn't imagine ordering an RV and waiting 6months or longer to see it.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 09:27 PM   #6

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
are you talking about the external ladder to roof? I've got one. Never went up there yet. Scared i will slip off into the abyss. I do have 2 internal ladders, one in the back storage compartment and one under the couch.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:42 PM   #7

THOR #26024
Another way to look at it is the ladder is still on Thor's website in different places and since a ladder is not listed as an option, it must be standard. On Thor's website, there is a compass orientation video of approximately 54 minutes. Between minutes 10 and 11 a Thor employee is holding onto a ladder on the back of a compass and explaining its virtues. Go figure, as a small businessman, I have no idea how people who do this type of unethical behavior deal with themselves and further give a bad name to business in general.
I think the ladder is Thor part number 0485114. I was told Thor will only sell to a dealer.
I am on a plane now, hence no spell check, and hopefully when we land I'll have an update regarding price and etc., and will relay that info.

I don't plan on using the ladder much, but stuff happens, like a tree removing rooftop items when driving. And as stated on Thor's website, it can be used while performing maintenance.