Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-15-2021, 01:45 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #25560
2022 Windsport 35M

Well this is my first post. And definitely not going to be good. My wife and I just got our coach out of Lazydays Vancouver WA they had it 8 weeks and still didn’t finish the repairs. We left 2 days before thanksgiving to visit family that went well. Now for the fun. We stopped in woodland, WA for the night. The next morning the heater wouldn’t quit running so luckily we were by Lazydays. The tech came out and fixed it. I had a washer and dryer installed in it. The washer leaks. We stopped in Redding CA and noticed the bolts on the awning pulled away from the outer wall. Gander RV did a temp fix with rivets to hold it in place but we can’t use it. We headed south and stopped in Bakersfield CA. Then headed to Santa Clarita. Well the fun begins. The check engine light came on. Started running rough. NO Ford dealer works on a Ford RV engine??? Had a mechanic come out thru good Sam they sent a diesel mechanic. I called a dozen shops and now being told to take it to Rush in Whittier CA but no time frame to getting it fixed. Dallas won’t happen this year. We bought this coach to enjoy, it has been a horror story the slides leak the drivers window leaks WHAT NEXT. Frustrated in CA. Did I mention this is a 2022 Thor Windsport 35M with a total of 4200 miles on it. ������

Old 12-15-2021, 11:29 AM   #2

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
If you have the V8 engine I’ve seen posts on this forum about a spark plug wire recall. My 2019 has similar windows. The Thor factory field rep says those windows have problems. Actually it’s easy for the d seal to slip out of place if only one person is putting the window in. It’ll need to be removed, cleaned up and reinstalled. My wife and I did mine in driveway. Next you’ll need to dicor the satellite radio antenna on top. Also procell gel seal the small clearance lamps on top of cab.

Was the furnace running with heat that wouldn’t stop? Or just the fan continually running?

I’d have to see the awning. Not quite sure what they did with rivets.

Certainly hope you’re handy.
Old 12-20-2021, 02:28 AM   #3

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum! Gotta as, is this your first RV? You are in for an education. Even those of us who have been around the block a few times are still learning.

You'll probably find threads about most of your problems. There aren't always simple solutions. You will get better results here with one problem at a time a d pictures.

Not true that Ford dealers won't work on RVs, unless this is a recent change. Have you talked with Thor warranty? You don't have to have warranty work done where you bought it.
Old 12-20-2021, 03:41 AM   #4

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Congrats on the new coach. Sorry to say this but 2022 MY is the year of the untrained rv builders. It probably a trek but you might want to consider taking it to the Thor service center.

Like Mr. Sunshine said, the new v8 has some issues with ignition leads.
Old 12-20-2021, 03:56 AM   #5

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Awnings aren't needed, neither are washers.
Get the engine fixed, learn how to tighten a clamp and enjoy your RV.
If the awning not behaving is keeping you from using the RV, you're just not rv ready.

You might want to consider selling.
It'll never be worth more than it is today.
Happy is the most important part.
Be Happy.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 04:10 AM   #6
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
Your engine problem may very well be the spark plug wire. They are special and early on production through the beginning of production of anything with this engine with the special plug wires were made of the element unobtainium. Perhaps Ford now can get stock. You may need to find a ford commercial truck dealer to work on it. You can get a code reader to see which code is recorded. At least it will perhaps point the problem out.

Don't sweat the awning or the washer. Ducksface is correct. If you are not handy, your rig will live on a dealers lot. On the other hand, if you are handy or prefer not to do it yourself, an independent RV repair business will get most things repaired ASAP. It will be out of pocket, but they do not have room to have your rig parked in limited space and they generally do great work. They depend on their reputation for business. Also a mobile mechanic can scan your codes. If the parts are available, then he can get you on your way. Out of pocket as well, but is is better than being stuck.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:49 AM   #7

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Sorry about your troubles, but everything Thor builds is crap. You'll either have to learn how to fix things yourself, find a good local RV tech or sell the coach and move on to something else. I spent the first summer with my new Thor fixing all the factory screw ups. Every time we went camping we had to fix something. It was aggravating but luckily I am mechanically inclined. The next year, things were better and we took a couple of month long trips in between upgrades and repairs in the driveway at home. The third year covid hit, but we used the coach a bunch with only minor complaints. This year, nothing broke or needed to be repaired. We are at the point of routine replacement stuff now. Once you get over the hump, things will be okay.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote