Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-06-2023, 02:45 PM   #1

State: Alabama
THOR #29133
2023 Venetian f42

I hate to bash manufacturers. I drove 9 hours to buy the exact bus me and my wife were looking for. Had 700 miles on it and have had nothing but problems. Get back to Louisiana and have spent weeks trying to get someone to work on it under warranty. No dealer in La or Texas will touch it because didn’t buy from them. Front end alignment is out took to a Freightliner dealer I had to pay for alignment and it can’t be aligned. The bushings are melted from the factory and no one at Thor will fix it. 2 the kitchen sink drain isn’t attached behind the washer and dryer so I can’t get to easy. So no kitchen sink or water runs all in coach. 3 no hot water due to firefly not communicating. Call firefly and do all the updates with usb thumb drives. It’s a wire that’s frayed or disconnected and again no Thor support. There are a total of 8 issues but the are the major ones that make it hard to enjoy this coach. The only answers from Thor are emails and them saying we are trying but 3 months in and nothing yet.

Old 05-06-2023, 03:38 PM   #2

THOR #29133
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-06-2023, 06:30 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Call Thor and speak to a rep. Start documenting the call, he said, she said and so on

Get them to point you to a service center closest to you. It might be in Texas

I take it you didn't stay overnight at the dealership to make sure everything worked?
Old 05-06-2023, 06:41 PM   #4

THOR #29133
I have done all the things Thor has wanted. And no we didn’t stay there. It was a week before we went the dealership said they did complete inspection on all components and it was totally ready. The alignment issue is a manufacturer problem because Freightliner said Thor messed it up. The firefly issue no one can fix around here because they said they aren’t familiar with this new technology. Sounds BS to me but that’s the answer. Not sure what’s next. Might have to get someone else involved if Thor don’t step up. According to Freightliner the front end might not be safe to drive. I bought it to travel not sit up. Thor customer service is definitely slipping. I hope tiffin don’t start slipping like Thor.
Old 05-06-2023, 06:49 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Either send Thor a certified letter documenting the issues or do the he said, she said two step until the warranty expires. It’s your choice.

He said, she said gets nothing accomplished while the certified letter gets results.
Old 05-06-2023, 09:35 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
I have done all the things Thor has wanted. And no we didn’t stay there. It was a week before we went the dealership said they did complete inspection on all components and it was totally ready. The alignment issue is a manufacturer problem because Freightliner said Thor messed it up. The firefly issue no one can fix around here because they said they aren’t familiar with this new technology. Sounds BS to me but that’s the answer. Not sure what’s next. Might have to get someone else involved if Thor don’t step up. According to Freightliner the front end might not be safe to drive. I bought it to travel not sit up. Thor customer service is definitely slipping. I hope tiffin don’t start slipping like Thor.
Your coach was made in TMC Plant 850 in Wakarusa, IN. Just across the street is the very large Thor MC Service Center. Everyone that has their coach repaired there. that I know personally, has been very satisfied with the service.

As a side note; many of my traveling acquaintances, have the selling dealer make the appointment at the manufacturer's service (Camp Newmar, Camp "E") three to six months from the purchase date. The Entegra guys always make a trip to Middlebury just before their two year warranty expires.

Thor MC does not posses the certifications necessary to modify the Freightliner chassis in any way. MORryde does all the engineering and chassis modifications for all the TMC Class A coaches (Ford, Freightliner and Spartan).
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 10:03 PM   #7

THOR #29133
That is what I been trying to get thor to do. I told them I’ll drive it from La to Elkhart IN and leave it with them to fix. They want me to get it fixed here. But no one around here will fix it under warranty. Just seems to be a big run around. Thanks for the info though.
Old 05-06-2023, 10:06 PM   #8

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
That is what I been trying to get thor to do. I told them I’ll drive it from La to Elkhart IN and leave it with them to fix. They want me to get it fixed here. But no one around here will fix it under warranty. Just seems to be a big run around. Thanks for the info though.
Just find a local tech and have thor approve.
We have done many times
Old 05-07-2023, 10:42 AM   #9

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
As mentioned.... you need to get an appointment with the Thor Factory Service Center in Wakarusa. They are the only ones who will have the expertise, facilities and parts to fix all of the issues at one time.

Sometimes it takes persistence calling the Thor Warranty Support number and then the luck of having the right person pick up the phone who has the knowledge and experience to get the Thor Factory Service Center involves.

I would keep calling Thor.... but I would also send a Private Message to the Thor Team account who monitors this Forum. Politely explain your issues and the run around you keep getting from Thor Dealers. Ask them to get you in touch with the Factory Service Center in Wakarusa to get the issues resolved since this is a 2023 model under warranty.

Here is the profile for the Thor Account on the Forum.....

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/me...team-1198.html
Old 05-10-2023, 06:38 PM   #10

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Your coach was made in TMC Plant 850 in Wakarusa, IN. Just across the street is the very large Thor MC Service Center. Everyone that has their coach repaired there. that I know personally, has been very satisfied with the service.

As a side note; many of my traveling acquaintances, have the selling dealer make the appointment at the manufacturer's service (Camp Newmar, Camp "E") three to six months from the purchase date. The Entegra guys always make a trip to Middlebury just before their two year warranty expires.

Thor MC does not posses the certifications necessary to modify the Freightliner chassis in any way. MORryde does all the engineering and chassis modifications for all the TMC Class A coaches (Ford, Freightliner and Spartan).
Agreed. I just had my Tuscany worked on in Wakarusa not under warranty but "me pay". Cost me $5100 and change but I am very happy. They fixed all my issues and did what I asked them to do and even a few small extras without charge that I didn't ask for but they did for me anyway. I had service there previously on another Thor I owned and was happy then also. Call them and make an appointment to get it in there. You will be glad you did. You can overnight free on their lot with full hookups.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 06:46 PM   #11

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Persistent

Judge is right stay persistent, trust me it can be a long haul. By the way if it goes to the factory service, if they can’t fix it, they have a partner in the area that can. My Rv made multiple trips to factory service, spending weeks there, it’s not a silver bullet, but I can say Thor service will put out a 100% effort to fix the problems. Shoot each time they had my unit, not only did they fix known issues, they looked for the unknown and did the repairs.

It may take months or longer to try to work through this, but hopefully you will be made whole.

The old saying, “They just don’t make them like they use to”.
Old 05-22-2023, 03:51 PM   #12

THOR #29133
Does anyone know the lemon law on Thor class a requirements. I have a light that burnt out and now being told it’s leaking from the ac unit and the drain line is filling up the roof. 2000 miles and it’s sitting at a Thor dealer who won’t work on it and call Thor and all you get is voicemail. Sarah newton is the only person Thor will let me talk to and getting no where. Worst customer service I have ever seen. I have worked for General Motors for 27 years and if we did business like this there wouldn’t be a GM. Thor should be ashamed.
Old 05-22-2023, 04:25 PM   #13

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
State

Quote:
Does anyone know the lemon law on Thor class a requirements. I have a light that burnt out and now being told it’s leaking from the ac unit and the drain line is filling up the roof. 2000 miles and it’s sitting at a Thor dealer who won’t work on it and call Thor and all you get is voicemail. Sarah newton is the only person Thor will let me talk to and getting no where. Worst customer service I have ever seen. I have worked for General Motors for 27 years and if we did business like this there wouldn’t be a GM. Thor should be ashamed.
Lemon Law varies from state to state. What state did you buy it in?
Old 05-22-2023, 06:01 PM   #14

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
You are going to be way ahead of the game if you dive in and fix anything relatively easy and isn't structural or costly. If it is a condensate drain then most likely an easy fix.

Your best advice since your dealership seems to be carefree, is to get to Elkhart. I bought from MHSRV and stayed overnight fixing several items. Later more developed and we got into Reliable RV in Springfield in a few weeks. Thor was involved all the way and sent a new 55 inch TV instead of the pinched power cord. New window instead of gluing seal and so on. Keep trying to work with Customer care and keep diligent phone records plus written copies of the issues. Thor sent us to a bus service for the Aquahot which had a bad coil from the factory. They fixed every item on my list, and I fixed all the smaller items as needed. Good luck

Lemon law very seldom works for an RV
Old 06-18-2023, 12:24 AM   #15

State: Colorado
THOR #28684
Good luck!
I have a 2022 Venetian we purchased at the end of last year. It sat a LazyTechs (LazyDays) RV for three months where nothing happened. I drove it to the Thor Service center a couple months ago where they fixed "most" of the issues, but not all of them. I've spent hundreds of hours fixing a lot of the minor issues myself.
If you're like me, you are going to have a hard time finding anyone who is not an authorized Thor service center to do warranty work on the "house" side. I've talked to some RV service centers, and they won't work with Thor because they are impossible to deal with.
I had an issue with the high temp sensors in my Aquahot. I tried for a couple weeks to get somebody to fix it under warranty. Finally I was up against a wall because we were leaving on a trip. I drove up to the Aquahot factory in Frederick CO and purchased the parts ($177) and installed them myself in about 15 minutes. I was operational, but Aquahot wouldn't reimburse me for the parts because I'm not an "authorized Service Center".
Thor is by far the worst, most difficult company I've dealt with. They don't have a clue as to what Customer Service is. My email go unanswered, and talking to them on the phone is worthless.
The way I got some attention was to go out to the Thor Industries website and got all the name of the principals (CEO all the way down to HR), and I CC'd them on the email I sent to the worthless Customer Service rep at Thor. I received a call the next day from the Customer Service manager at Thor and he got a couple issues resolved for me quickly. However, I have a couple open issues, and he's now ignoring my email.
Maybe if they see enough from frustrated customers, they'll make personnel changes... doubt it, but who knows.
I've had good luck with Chassis warranty work (TPMS, Engine Error Codes, oil pan gasket, etc...) Find a Freightliner shop, and they should be able to take care of you. They will work directly with Freightliner (don't need to get Thor involved) to make the repairs.
We're so frustrated with Thor, we've been out looking at Newmar's to buy. Trying to talk myself into eating the huge money loss trading a 6 month old RV in.
I feel your pain!
Old 06-18-2023, 01:24 AM   #16

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Sell it
Gone is worth more than gold.

And for your next purchase;

Join the forum first, read lots, know your salesman for what they are, stay in it overnight before signing, hire TWO professionals to survey it before buying, all fixed BEFORE delivery.

You know,
diligence and self/diginity/monetary preservation.

And

Follow up here for others to follow.
The OP doesn't care enough about folks in his boat to bother updating or asking.

Once told
how the cow ate the cabbage
and how
Lemon law
Is not their vehement venom filled path for varietal reasons
most show the self-centered side of it all and disappear.

Don't be most.
Help a brother out.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 02:33 AM   #17

State: Colorado
THOR #28684
Oh, and I'll add one more thing I'm sure nobody let you know.

I would get to Thor and get things fixed ASAP while parts are still available!

Thor has discontinued the Venetian.
Old 06-18-2023, 02:45 AM   #18

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andercam View Post
Oh, and I'll add one more thing I'm sure nobody let you know.

I would get to Thor and get things fixed ASAP while parts are still available!

Thor has discontinued the Venetian.
With the exception of front fascia trim and maybe interior colors I doubt there are 15 Thor specific parts on any Thor.

Rv's of our build class are an accumaltion of parts not specifically designed for Thor.

Old 07-27-2023, 06:43 PM   #19

THOR #29133
I have a 23 Venetian bought in Feb 23. It’s been in the shop since I got. Ac leaking in the roof. The whole front half of the coach is ripped out now due to faulty engineering. The fix from Thor is disconnect the drains and jimmy rig it and dump the water on roof. Been waiting 4 months and haven’t been able to use it yet. Customer service is terrible. This is just one of the many problems that are still not fixed and not sure when or what my rig will look like when we get it back. I asked for a few goodwill items to help offset my losses and all you get is no. I have all the dates and locations and problems if anyone has questions. Also will all be reported to BBB. This is redicilious.
Old 07-27-2023, 07:07 PM   #20

THOR #13932
Quote:
I have a 23 Venetian bought in Feb 23. It’s been in the shop since I got. Ac leaking in the roof. The whole front half of the coach is ripped out now due to faulty engineering. The fix from Thor is disconnect the drains and jimmy rig it and dump the water on roof. Been waiting 4 months and haven’t been able to use it yet. Customer service is terrible. This is just one of the many problems that are still not fixed and not sure when or what my rig will look like when we get it back. I asked for a few goodwill items to help offset my losses and all you get is no. I have all the dates and locations and problems if anyone has questions. Also will all be reported to BBB. This is redicilious.
Chris,
You're not building a case here for you being a worldy or knowledgable person.
You just posted as a new poster when you're the OP.
And
Hadn't bothered to care to illuminate or elucidate so others might see.
Hadn't observed/absorbed, maybe even hadn't read A SINGLE RESPONSE TO YOUR OP.

My guess is 90 % of RV's have condenser water running off the roof.

You didn't say if you contacted a mobile guy or if the thor dealer local is fixing it.
You didn't say how.

You didn't give us an update on Thor service or warranty.

Myself, and some others here get EXCELLENT service where we go.

Check yourself
Take a deep breath
INFORM US not just throw stuff at the wall...AGAIN.

BBB? PPPAAAAAHHHHLLLEEEZZZEEE
It shows you haven't done an iota of self-help research.

Sorry for your trouble.
What LITTLE you've managed to tell us says you have some HANDYMAN issues that anyone under handyman in a directory could fix in a day.

The bushings? Again, handyman,with a grease gun.
Had you done any self education you'd have found it's likely the typical problem and typical front-end mechanic bullcrap story. A three minute fix.
My guess is they don't want you in their shop.

Heal it
Or
Sell it

It's an open-wound right now.