Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2019, 02:38 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: New Jersey
THOR #14077
Miramar 37.1 2019

Does anyone have this model MH and if yes can you provide any information Good or Bad. I was ready to purchase but after joining this forum today I am going to back out of the deal too many issues and seem dealers are not able to fix the bigger issues

Old 01-01-2019, 05:47 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
I own a 34.4 Miramar, 2016, and love it!
Old 01-01-2019, 12:26 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Illinois
THOR #7085
Can't wait to get back out in our '18 Miramar 35.2!! All serviced , put away for Winter, but we're ready to go!!
Old 01-01-2019, 12:58 PM   #4

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
Every Coach is different and every dealer is different - ask for customer references on the dealer work - if they won't give you any then run away, if they do ask honest questions (not opinion ones like "do you think..") about time to fix, warranty work coverage, inventory of parts and parts suppliers and how many trained mechanics do they have for your brand - CERTIFIED mechanics, things like that.
If I read this forum before I bought my Palazzo 36.1 I would have stayed with my 5th wheel. Be prepared to do some of the little things yourself if possible, but also look for third party Mobile RV service people that you can use at various campgrounds - they have a couple of companies that they recommend and shoddy customer work will cost them the campground access. We learned this in East TN when our slide was not retracting squarely - Campground recommended 2 and one responded within 1 hour and was there the next morning - Told the Campground they were great and service was fantastic. Often times the local guys are better as it's their bread and butter. The Service guy worked for Thor for 7 years - those are the type of people you might get.
Yes, it's a big investment, so was your house and stuff went wrong with it I'm sure, just like mine. I have home warranty and a coach service plan - don't be without either.
I've heard that some states have Lemon Laws that might cover and RV.

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #5

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
Every Coach is different and every dealer is different - ask for customer references on the dealer work - if they won't give you any then run away, if they do ask honest questions (not opinion ones like "do you think..") about time to fix, warranty work coverage, inventory of parts and parts suppliers and how many trained mechanics do they have for your brand - CERTIFIED mechanics, things like that.
If I read this forum before I bought my Palazzo 36.1 I would have stayed with my 5th wheel. Be prepared to do some of the little things yourself if possible, but also look for third party Mobile RV service people that you can use at various campgrounds - they have a couple of companies that they recommend and shoddy customer work will cost them the campground access. We learned this in East TN when our slide was not retracting squarely - Campground recommended 2 and one responded within 1 hour and was there the next morning - Told the Campground they were great and service was fantastic. Often times the local guys are better as it's their bread and butter. The Service guy worked for Thor for 7 years - those are the type of people you might get.
Yes, it's a big investment, so was your house and stuff went wrong with it I'm sure, just like mine. I have home warranty and a coach service plan - don't be without either.
I've heard that some states have Lemon Laws that might cover and RV.

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:57 AM   #6

State: New York
THOR #13551
We saw the 37.1 at the Hershey PA show this past September and loved it. Had all the options we were looking for. So we bought one. We have owned three gas rv s in the past and this will be # 4. The coach looked well made in comparison to a few other coaches that we had looked at. I am picking it up this Saturday and will try to give some insight from the ride home which is about 120 miles. Took 16 weeks to order and get.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:08 AM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations and welcome pact40.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:32 AM   #8

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to both George and pact40! The nature of forums is that people come here looking for a place to complain and maybe get a little revenge against the company or dealership that they feel did them wrong.

Often the happy owners aren't compelled to search this out or to complain. You'll find this with RVs of every brand.

While you are checking out opinions, check out your potential dealership. They can make or break your experience. The big nationwide chain has a particularly dubius reputation.

Search for a recent thread titled, "Is anybody happy?" It prompted plenty of both good and bad comments.