Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2017, 11:00 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 30q
State: Ontario
THOR #4175
Multi function display

Hello, I have a 2011 hurricane 30q, we purchased it last spring and really like it. It is quite basic and I have been looking into getting a few items added, like tire pressure, maybe side and back up cameras, not really sure what else, but prefer not to buy unique individual displays for each. I am just wondering if anyone has purchased a display (monitor) that shows different views. My hurricane does not have the display in the dash.

Sorry for such a broad question, but I think what I am asking is what should I be able to see on a screen, that I can not see out the front window or mirrors and what is the best display?

Thanks,

Jim

Old 02-25-2017, 06:09 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 30q
State: Ontario
THOR #4175
Hello all ....I have had a lot of people look at my questions but no ideas yet. What I have been thinking about, in order to make my question more clear is I am looking almost for 1 screen that can display multiple activities, not sure what all it can be, just about any.

Jim
Old 02-25-2017, 06:31 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Do you want a screen that can flip between different views, or a display that is split up into "zones" where each input is displayed in its own area (like PIP or a quadrant)?
There is this guy: Voyager Multi-Screen Rear view (Amazon)

Or you can get any monitor and use this auto switcher (Amazon)

Or you could go totally nuts and put a Windows 10 PC in your dash. Note as a bonus you can hook the car PC into the camper's OBD-II port--forget scangauge put all the stuff in the dash!
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:33 PM   #4

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
I don't think that any "off the shelf" display does what you want. It would require a custom item. For instance a PC with a touch display. Of course, it would need to have programs written for each function and custom hardware. For instance, it would need an RF receiver for the TPMS and associated software. It would need an OBD2 to USB cable and software that could read the vehicle's computer.

I would suggest a ScanGuage for the OBD2. It comes with the correct cable and has a small display that you can attach to your dash.