Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-03-2019, 09:03 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Wisconsin
THOR #15204
4 winds

I have a 2000 4 winds. I have no 12 volt power from batteries. If plugged in i have it from inverter. I have replaced the relay. Have power from the shutoff. Any ideas?

Old 06-05-2019, 12:30 AM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Mr Obvious would suggest the Use/Store switch. Not sure what you meant by "shutoff" that you have power from.
Try providing a little more info, and maybe you'll get an answer from some of the smart folks hereabouts.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:18 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
Originally Posted by williewi View Post
I have a 2000 4 winds. I have no 12 volt power from batteries.
House batteries or engine battery?

Quote:
If plugged in i have it from inverter.
Do you mean if the "coach" is plugged in, like connected to shore power? To be honest, I didn't think the 2000 4 Winds came with an inverter. Do you mean "converter" or maybe the battery charger?
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:47 AM   #4

THOR #15204
Quote:
I have a 2000 4 winds. I have no 12 volt power from batteries. If plugged in i have it from inverter. I have replaced the relay. Have power from the shutoff. Any ideas?
Converter and house batteries.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:14 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
Converter and house batteries.
I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking and that makes it tough to diagnose.

But it sounds like the house batteries are dead. How old are they? Have you taken a reading on them using a multimeter? A fully charged 12 volt battery will show 12.9 or above. A discharged battery will show around 11.5 or less.

If you have dead house battery's, then you will get no 110 power out of the inverter. In fact, the inverter will probably refuse to run at all. But if you plug the coach into shore power, the charger in the coach will send 12 volt power to the batteries and the inverter will probably run, supplying 110 to the coach.

Does that seem like what is happening?
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:54 PM   #6

THOR #15204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squerly View Post
I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking and that makes it tough to diagnose.

But it sounds like the house batteries are dead. How old are they? Have you taken a reading on them using a multimeter? A fully charged 12 volt battery will show 12.9 or above. A discharged battery will show around 11.5 or less.

If you have dead house battery's, then you will get no 110 power out of the inverter. In fact, the inverter will probably refuse to run at all. But if you plug the coach into shore power, the charger in the coach will send 12 volt power to the batteries and the inverter will probably run, supplying 110 to the coach.

Does that seem like what is happening?
The house batteries not dead. Metered them.