Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2016, 04:41 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Illinois
THOR #3491
ACE 29.3- less than two weeks now and....

I have had my ACE less than 2 weeks. So far, so good. (Still winterized, live near Chicago.) Hoping to prepare the unit to actually use it next week, as I think we are done with freezing temps now.

My impressions:
No major issues so far, but plumbing not in service yet, so....

The handle pulls on the drawers are awful and hurt my hands. I am replacing them. They look fine, but in this, feel overrides appearance.

Reduced storage because of outside kitchen not an issue. There seems to be enough.

3M Command products stick great to the wallboards, but do not want to stick on the wood areas. Anyone figure out what will?

Clean Dump system installed quickly and easily. Plenty of room in that storage compartment.

New mattress on the Queen bed, and bedding place is going to give me options for the OH bunk.

CW orientation just OK. They did not have any idea where the macerator listed on the power panel was. Called the tech over, who traced the wire and also could not find the macerator. Got it home and found it in a few minutes under the outside kitchen sink. Read posts on here to find out that I need to use it to drain that sink to the gray water tank. CW did not know it was there much less that I needed it to drain the sink.

Overall, I am happy at this point. Let's see if all is still well when we add water to the equation and swap out the fans.

▶️ Questions: is there a way to modify the back exit window so you can open it and add screen while maintaining the exit capability?

What products will stick well to the wood surfaces?

What kind of jack pads work with the hydraulic jacks? The ones I ordered say not for hydraulic jacks.

Thanks!

Old 04-16-2016, 12:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysteve View Post

▶️ Questions: is there a way to modify the back exit window so you can open it and add screen while maintaining the exit capability?

When I got my first look at a Miramar a couple of years ago it was in one that someone purchased and they were staying in the same campground as us in Virginia. That individual had the same complaint about the rear exit window and he used double sided tape to attach a screen around the window on the bedroom wall.

When we looked at the Challenger last year all emergency exit windows had screen so I made an assumption that Thor had corrected that issue. Apparently that was a bad assumption on my part.

My bedroom exit window is a double (side by side) that has a window crank and screens on both sides. The bathroom emergency exit window is a larger single square, or close to square, window that has a lever for opening and also has a snap in screen. In the picture below you can see the lever for window opening which has grooves on the bottom to adjust the opening and the red handle on the left is the pull handle for screen removal in the event of an emergency. The picture was taken during a rain so I could show the dealer a small leak which was handled during my warranty visit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathroom Window leak.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	1784

If desired when I go out to the coach later today or tomorrow I can take a pic of the entire window and get measurements of the screen and window. My time today is dedicated to landscaping at the rental property so I can get out in the coach in a week or two.

I believe the windows are made by Hehr International so if you contact them at CSHehrIN@hehrintl.com they may be able to assist. The email address is to their Indiana plant customer service. Their phone number is 574-935-5122.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:13 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Illinois
THOR #3491
Dave,

My window is completely different than that. I will see if maybe the manufacturer has an alternate latch system and screen to convert it. Thor probably was cutting cost corners on this too. I keep reminding myself that buying an entry level product means getting an entry level product....

Not sure how to flip the picture right side up...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	1804  
Old 04-18-2016, 10:47 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I was wrong on the bedroom window. It is a side by side and the left side has a knob style opener and screen while the right side is the exit and it has two clamp style latches and no screen on that side.

It could be that Hehr does not make screens for all exit window due to the type of latch used on the window.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote