Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2015, 02:58 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2287
Winterizing 2016 Ace

I am looking to Get familiar with my rig. I was wondering about winterizing. How to by pass water in heater. How to access the water heater.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:37 PM   #2

THOR #2287
I was told that to access the heater bypass I need to remove the draw in bedroom and unscrew the bottom to access the bypass valve. My question is how to remove the draw. The draw comes all the way out and stops.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:15 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Generally the bypass valves are located immediately behind the water heater. Your water heater appears to be just behind the driver's side rear tire, so it is possible the valves are located elsewhere for convenience sake.

I take it your dealer did not show you where the bypass was during the Pre-Delivery Inspection?
Old 07-03-2015, 04:22 AM   #4

THOR #2287
The person who took me around did not have a good working knowledge of the coach. I was putting shocks on my bed to keep it open and low and behold I look through the screen for return and I can see the valves. I just don't know how to get to valve. I can't remove the drawer which would give me access to valves. There are (3) valves. One on hot water line (red) and one on cold water line (blue). The third one is in between the red and blue. Does anyone know how to take out bottom drawer. Thanks
Old 07-03-2015, 10:26 AM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie322 View Post
The person who took me around did not have a good working knowledge of the coach. I was putting shocks on my bed to keep it open and low and behold I look through the screen for return and I can see the valves. I just don't know how to get to valve. I can't remove the drawer which would give me access to valves. There are (3) valves. One on hot water line (red) and one on cold water line (blue). The third one is in between the red and blue. Does anyone know how to take out bottom drawer. Thanks
I recall this issue being discuss by someone else not too long ago. Here it the link to that thread. Look at post 2 which may answer your question. I believe it applies to the same model ACE.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...-1-a-1682.html
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #6

THOR #2287
Thanks
Old 07-07-2015, 06:07 AM   #7

THOR #2287
I solved problem of accessing heater valves. I am asking if anyone knows where the electric wires attach to water heater. I saw a white wire laying next to heater. My electric side of heater does not work. I believe the wire is not connected. I am trying to iron out all defects in workman ship by Thor.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:51 AM   #8
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie322 View Post
I solved problem of accessing heater valves. I am asking if anyone knows where the electric wires attach to water heater. I saw a white wire laying next to heater. My electric side of heater does not work. I believe the wire is not connected. I am trying to iron out all defects in workman ship by Thor.
A disconnected white wire would make sense from a troubleshooting perspective. Based on the manual I looked at the white wire comes off of the electric side of the water heater switch.

I tried attaching the Atwood manual but it is too big for the forum. It can be downloaded from here:

Water Heaters - Atwood Mobile

If I get out to the coach today I'll see if I can get a pic of the back side of my water heater and determine where the while wire connects.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote