Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2019, 11:59 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Texas
THOR #12364
ACE vent hood leaks

Were sitting in the RV and it is raining pretty hard, we have water coming through the vent hood were the fan motor is. What keeps the rain from coming through that vent hole on the outside of motorhome?

Old 01-24-2019, 01:19 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Southwind 37F
State: Texas
THOR #1793
Sounds like an issue I had. We sealed top and sides of the outside vent with silicone. Leaked fixed!

2019 Fleetwood Southwind 37F
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat toad
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:46 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
One my ACE 29.3 I have three vents two of them have the Maxx Air type covers. The other vent in the bathroom is just a cover over the fan. I do not see anyway the rain will come through the maxx air vents. As they are designed so you can have your vent open during a rain storm. If you do not have these and you have the standard type cover, yes rain will come in when they are open.

After re-reading your post I am thinking you are talking about the vent fan over the stove. If so your best is to caulk around the outside cover.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:58 AM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
I have an ACE 30.2 , th bathrm fan insert on one edge was cut too short, apparently during manufacture, found it when I brought my rig to the dealer for a leak that turned out to be leaks. Noticed it bc of water in my overhead light, tho that might hav been th leak found in th roof, they also found one in my shower stall floor, they found. They had to order the insert from th factory. It won't come in for a month. But the leaking on my floor under & between my shower, the wall, & the fridge jus kept getting worse. Finally yesterday, after several returns to the dealer, they seem to have it solved. It was a loose connection (not sure of the right term), between my pump & the line to the bathroom. So far, so good, no leak since then even after a shower. There's rain expected at Ft Bragg this week, so hopefully I'll find that th roof fix worked & wont
be water in th light. But if there is, it might also be th fan insert, & then I'll b leaking a while longer...