Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2016, 07:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Iowa
THOR #4000
ace29.4outdoor grille

have ace with outdoor kich. is there the a place where the outdoor grille mounts on the coach i found lp hook up?

Old 05-25-2016, 08:29 PM   #2

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #2954
I have the 29.3 and our grill came with a collapsible stand. It was stored under the bed.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:11 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
You don't want to mount the grill to the coach. Too much smoke and heat could cause damage to the exterior of the coach. With that said the grill for mine came with the exterior wall mount in the box and a portable stand. I threw the wall mount away and use the portable stand only.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:40 PM   #4

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Grill stand

My 29.3 has a folding stand that was under the bed.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:19 AM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Dan,

Did you really throw away the mount? I'd like to see what it looks like if you still have it. I have been thinking about building some kind of mounted outdoor sink/counter off the small cutout for outside shower (and use the plumbing) to be used to clean fish. Run the water into a 5 gal bucket and dump it back into the stream when done.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:59 AM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Dan,

Did you really throw away the mount? I'd like to see what it looks like if you still have it. I have been thinking about building some kind of mounted outdoor sink/counter off the small cutout for outside shower (and use the plumbing) to be used to clean fish. Run the water into a 5 gal bucket and dump it back into the stream when done.

Doc
Doc,

Actually I threw away 2 of the mounts. I had the same Aussie grill (black instead of stainless) on my prior class c and threw that mount away as well. Both were cluttering my garage and had to go. The hanger was included in the boxes with both grilles. I don't remember if the rail to attach to the side of the RV was included. I believe that rail was something the owner would have to purchase and install on the rig.

Here is the manual for the grill which shows the hanger.

Aussie File-1458848040.pdf
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 10:25 AM   #7

THOR #2142
Dan,

Page 8 shows the mount very clearly. I believe I can modify that plan to make the outdoor sink I've been thinking about.

Thanks.

If any one reading this has a mount collecting dust in the garage, let me know what you would part with it for. Also, I will look to see if a replacement mount is avail from the manufacture. No sense re-inventing the wheel here.

Doc

Old 05-26-2016, 01:27 PM   #8

THOR #2142
I just called the 1-800 # in the manual for parts and - after many buttons pushed - the company dropped its line of gas grills. But I am still looking, so...if anyone has a mount they are not using and wants to put it to good use, let me know.

Doc