Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-28-2022, 03:34 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Air compressor while on jacks

SO when we have the bus lowered, on jacks, and slides out can I turn the motor on which will fill the accumulation tank to be able to inflate the tires on our Jeep after we have deflated them to play in sand? I think so but wanted to check.

We have been using a separate compressor when have to drive a distance from the RV in Utah but on the Oregon and Washington coast it is very close by and would be nice to leave it at home.

Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:30 PM   #2

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCSW View Post
SO when we have the bus lowered, on jacks, and slides out can I turn the motor on which will fill the accumulation tank to be able to inflate the tires on our Jeep after we have deflated them to play in sand? I think so but wanted to check.

We have been using a separate compressor when have to drive a distance from the RV in Utah but on the Oregon and Washington coast it is very close by and would be nice to leave it at home.
My air bags don't inflate until you retract the jacks, your should be the same

You are using a high Horsepower air compressor. I carry a Vair or a pancake depending on the trip. Maybe take a look at a smaller footprint air compressor to take along?

If you do chose to use the coach it is best to kick the idle up by using your cruise control as idling is very bad for your particulate filter
Old 04-28-2022, 05:50 PM   #3

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguir View Post
My air bags don't inflate until you retract the jacks, your should be the same

You are using a high Horsepower air compressor. I carry a Vair or a pancake depending on the trip. Maybe take a look at a smaller footprint air compressor to take along?

If you do chose to use the coach it is best to kick the idle up by using your cruise control as idling is very bad for your particulate filter
Thanks: think I will keep bringing ours. The Jeep has a 120 outlet and I have a spear holding tank from my past days of lapping days. Plenty of room in the back of the Jeep.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote