Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2017, 03:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Virginia
THOR #6664
Going to Jinx It

Hello,

More often than not I read these forums and find folks challenged with problems and frustrated with their dealer or Thor. I just got back from a 1900 mile road trip from VA to FL. Everything worked. Slides, wipers, leveling jacks, cameras, water heater, ice maker, dash AC, roof AC, all the plugs, charging stations and windshield shade. Not a single problem the entire trip. Maybe I'm lucky? Maybe I got a Wednesday unit? Maybe my dealer did a thorough PDI? It's likely all the above.

Bottom line is once we look past the RV challeneges, we can have a blast hearing our kids laugh on their new adventures, or taking in a different part of our world. I feel for the folks experiencing issues and I hope they are resolved fully and swiftly. See you on the road!

Jim

Old 04-15-2017, 04:11 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Yeah, you're a brave soul tempting fate like that.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
Glad to hear that everything went well for you, Jim! It can be frustrating to have problems with a new purchase, but my personal experience has been and is that my dealer is good about working through them with me.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:34 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmccombe
Bottom line is once we look past the RV challeneges, we can have a blast hearing our kids laugh on their new adventures, or taking in a different part of our world. I feel for the folks experiencing issues and I hope they are resolved fully and swiftly. See you on the road!
Thats the light at the end of the tunnel

Further jinxing things, we've had a few good seasons with our Axis (and expecting another, afterall: "We've just got it about where we like it" (all the mods)).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:28 PM   #5

Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
We had a lot of problems with our Synergy but the dealer's shop was great to work with and on a few occasions was our advocate with Thor. This is our first motorhome but second RV and we like this one just fine! We got back from a trip to Ponte Vedra Beach, FL and the Sprinter was a joy to drive and averaged around 16 mpg.

You aren't jinxing anything and it's nice to hear from others that have a good product from the get-go but you will undoubtedly have "adventures" with your rig that are learning experiences that will enable you to help someone elso down the road.

So, enjoy your RV, make many memories, and have fun!

Ed & Robin L
Nina, Kitt and Mickey
2016 Thor Synergy TT24 3.0L V6
around 17k miles and counting😊
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:53 AM   #6

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
Our first two were near perfect (both Starcraft), our third was a Palomino (aka Forest River) and it spent more time being repaired than used, our fourth was a Keystone Cougar (some problems but Keystone was great/dealer not so much), our fifth was a Lance (awesome), and this last one a Thor (pathetic dealer and Thor support non-responsive to date). I do love the unit we selected and believe most of issues are related to a banner spring for RV sales and both Thor and the dealer were driven by greed and sold more than they could produce and maintain quality, and as a dealer support delivery and warranty repairs. Luckily this is not our first unit so I've done fixed most of the problems myself but with one major issue beyond my control it is frustrating to say the least when you are the odd RV out and get ignored!