Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2016, 11:53 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Texas
THOR #1403
Air Pockets on TPO Roof

I have noticed for the first time our roof has started showing an air pocket on the roof. We bought ours new in Nov 2014, a 2015 Thor Challenger 37LX

The air pocket bubble has seemed to grow in length this past month. My first notice of it a few weeks back was like maybe under 12 inches in length and now it appears to be closer to 24 inches.

I have seen some YouTube videos saying this is somewhat normal and maybe an adhesive failure.

I know the roof has a 12 year Manufacturing Warranty

I am wondering if anyone else has had any roof issues?

Old 03-23-2016, 01:43 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 31E
State: Louisiana
THOR #3298
I do tpo roofing on commercial and residential for a living. Bubbles can happen while the glue is curing but generally do not appear once the adhesive has cured. I would wonder if there is an opening where wind could be getting under the roof while driving. I have tpo on my coach and it does not have any bubbles.

One good thing about tpo is it very easy to patch if you need to repair it.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:38 PM   #3

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Texas
THOR #1403
Thank you junior30 for your response. The Motor Home is a 2015 Thor Challenger and bought new in Nov 2014. So there must be a air leak as you said somewhere now causing it. We are in Florida and have had some heavy rain and wind but no signs of where it could be coming in from. It is in the middle of the roof.

It does have a Manufactures 12 year warranty and Thor has told me to go to a Dealer and have it inspected and have them call Thor.

So that is my first step. The Motor Home has been sitting in camp for the past 4 months. I will monitor it and because we are full timing will need to make arrangements to be in an area with a good Thor Dealer and see what Thor will authorize