Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-05-2021, 01:57 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I have no side windows in my slide; and only tilt window is the Emergency Window in the rear of the coach in bedroom that has no screen. Thus far I only cracked a window or two in front when temperature is nice and cool outside. I turn on the maxx air vents to help pull fresh air inside.

My biggest danger of slide is remembering to make sure the driver chair is turned back around and forward. When I first got RV, I once was bringing slide in and it hit the chair. It put a slight bend; but I can't really tell where to see if it can be straighten up?
I just took my emergency window and made a screen for it. I took and put velcro in 12 little spots around the window. I then stretched screen over the velcro tabs. I knew the sticky on the back of the velcro wouldn't hold so I used the glue that uses ultraviolet light to cure in 5 seconds. It works great and in an emergency grab a corner or push the middle it comes right off. I get a lot more ventilation now.

Old 08-05-2021, 02:23 AM   #22

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
I just took my emergency window and made a screen for it. I took and put velcro in 12 little spots around the window. I then stretched screen over the velcro tabs. I knew the sticky on the back of the velcro wouldn't hold so I used the glue that uses ultraviolet light to cure in 5 seconds. It works great and in an emergency grab a corner or push the middle it comes right off. I get a lot more ventilation now.
Love that idea! We have a HUGE rear window by the bed... but it's the tilt-out emergency exit window with NO screen!

One would think Thor could design a screen that would easily push out in emergency?? Unless it's simply a code thing...

I like the Velcro idea... even if attached all around, seems like it could be punched out in an emergency if need be...

Magnets on the metal window frame??
Old 08-05-2021, 03:16 AM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
I just took my emergency window and made a screen for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
but it's the tilt-out emergency exit window with NO screen!

One would think Thor could design a screen that would easily push out in emergency?? Unless it's simply a code thing...
Are you guys sure your emergency windows don't fall to the ground? I have not tried to open mine because I have been too afraid it may fall down and break?

One day while we shopping for a Thor and waiting for them to fix a coach up to view; we wandered into a brand new luxury large 40' Diesel Luxury mobile home, it was on sale for $485k Anyhoo; when we tried to leave, the door was locked and we could not get out. I tried for 15 min and was about to panic, my wife was asking about the emergency window when another couple walked up and opened door We just eased out like nothing had happened. Later the Salesman told us that a couple had did similar like us but they actually opened the Emergency window to get out and it fell to the pavement and broke, the dealership made them pay for and it was like $1,200 if I recall

We have a no tilt window in the bedroom that is actually in the slide. It is on the slide's outside wall; so it can be open when slide is going in and out. The Bedroom Maxx Air vent can aide it if ever needed more flow of outside air
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:32 AM   #24

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
I have carefully tilted ours out a couple times just to see how it worked. It seems to be hinged... but not sure if they might release easily?? Thanks dk... now I gotta go look again tomorrow!
Old 08-05-2021, 09:25 PM   #25

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I decided to drop the TV down off the jacks, pull in the slides, unhook from shore-power, and give it a little chance to stretch it's legs today...

Privacy shades out of the way...
Tire covers off...
Jacks up...
solar charger disconnected...
Power cord disconnected...
Slides in?
Not quite!
It turned out that I forgot to close up the bedroom windows that were in the slide. They were catching on the body of the RV, as I tried to retract!
Fortunately: I caught myself before I did any damage.
The moral of the story: don't forget about windows in your slides!
Hey Bob; most of us need a check list. Hell, I have taken off and forgot to unplug my 30 amp power cord. Just snatched it out of the box at my house and no damage, but it was sure embarrassing.Bob Trice
Old 08-05-2021, 10:14 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Apparently I need one also...
Glad that there was no damage done to your cord, ot outlet.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:14 PM   #27

THOR #20274
Quote:
Are you guys sure your emergency windows don't fall to the ground? I have not tried to open mine because I have been too afraid it may fall down and break?

One day while we shopping for a Thor and waiting for them to fix a coach up to view; we wandered into a brand new luxury large 40' Diesel Luxury mobile home, it was on sale for $485k Anyhoo; when we tried to leave, the door was locked and we could not get out. I tried for 15 min and was about to panic, my wife was asking about the emergency window when another couple walked up and opened door We just eased out like nothing had happened. Later the Salesman told us that a couple had did similar like us but they actually opened the Emergency window to get out and it fell to the pavement and broke, the dealership made them pay for and it was like $1,200 if I recall

We have a no tilt window in the bedroom that is actually in the slide. It is on the slide's outside wall; so it can be open when slide is going in and out. The Bedroom Maxx Air vent can aide it if ever needed more flow of outside air
I've had my open it's on a hinge and I have a piece of wood holding it open. Works great
Old 08-06-2021, 07:13 PM   #28

State: Ontario
THOR #17549
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCSW View Post
The "Pre Fight" check list every time avoids issues. Just wish I followed mine every time. Every once in a while we just get up and go. Fortunately, no damage just embarrassing thank you fellow RVers.

Agreed. Have also discovered, to my embarrassment, that it works better when you read it
Old 08-06-2021, 07:18 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizB View Post
Agreed. Have also discovered, to my embarrassment, that it works better when you read it
Even bring able to remember where you put it would be helpful...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 08:36 PM   #30

THOR #20274
Quote:

I just watched a video on emergency windows and none of them fall out they just tip up. Many have sliding windows and screens, the window will completely lift up screen and sliding window together. other windows have screens that have tabs in the bottom corner to remove screen. I think the sales person went into the office and said the story worked again they will never open that window
Old 08-10-2021, 01:31 AM   #31

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:

I'd see those ass holes in court before I'd pay for that damn window. It ain't my fault if the window is defective and I'm locked inside THEIR coach by a defective door!!!! Am I right or am I right???
Old 08-10-2021, 09:10 AM   #32

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
I'd see those ass holes in court before I'd pay for that damn window. It ain't my fault if the window is defective and I'm locked inside THEIR coach by a defective door!!!! Am I right or am I right???
Note that the story about the $1200 bill is from a salesman and might have some spin on it. I don't know many folks that would just fork out $1200 for a window that fell out when they were trying to get out of a coach that they were locked in on a dealers lot.
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 04:16 PM   #33
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynetaylor55 View Post
Would someone please explain the term "rain"? Not familiar with that here in California.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Minions.gif
Views:	35
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	32708
(You have to double click the pictire it to see it.)