We're on our way for 4 days in Yosemite. When we turned on our TPMS after the tires were warmed up we noticed that one of our front tires was a bit low. Not so much that we were grossly worried, so we decided to hit the road and stop when we found a place that could help.
Well, we were going to stop at a Camping World, but it wasn't where we thought it was.
Instead we ended up at a commercial truck tire place. What a wonderful piece of luck!
We told the guy what we needed & he proceeded to try and get the hose hooked up to the valve. Our hubcaps apparently interfere with the stems (we had trouble with the TPMS caps when we first put them on), so he said that he was going to try and move the stem a bit. Well, we all know what happened next ... BOOM!
Fortunately he knew how to manage it, and before the tire went totally flat, he had it plugged & a jack under the rig to keep the rim from getting damaged. Once he got the tire off the rig, he showed us how poorly designed the original stems were for our tires & hubcaps. So, for $8 each, he installed 2 new stems on the front tires that are slightly angled, giving us much better clearance between the stem and the hubcap, and allowing our TPMS cap to sit without issues.
Our whole bill came to $17. We gave the guy a nice tip and went merrily on our way. Tomorrow ... Yosemite!!