Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2022, 05:55 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #3923
Planning to install Roadwire Power seats in my 29M

I came across some Discovery LXE Roadwire seats made by Distinctive Industries/Roadwire that are used in the high-end Fleetwood coaches. They are in excellent shape. They have full power including heat and leg rest. They come with the pedestal. The price was a steal!

My seats suck, peeling, and not being able to move them up/down/tilt is so annoying. The thing I need to figure out is...will they fit? Will I be able to turn the driver's seat around given the clearance with the steering wheel.

And one of the cool things is that I contacted the manufacture and asked them if I wanted to add a footrest to the drivers seat, could I get the components to do that...and they said, "yes".

Good thing about all this is that the seller is a nice guy who is local but currently of town...he will give me the measurements when he gets back in tomorrow. If they don't fit, he doesn't have any issues with me pulling out of the deal.

Anyway....my question is this. If they do fit, what is the best way to route the power to them? Anyone done this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	seata.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	39581
Click image for larger version

Name:	seat2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	39582

Old 09-27-2022, 11:34 PM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Thosw seats look great. Can't answer your question, but i know this has been discussed on this forum. Do some digging with the search feature and you should find folks who have done this.

Please report back when you get the switch done.
Old 09-27-2022, 11:36 PM   #3

THOR #3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Thosw seats look great. Can't answer your question, but i know this has been discussed on this forum. Do some digging with the search feature and you should find folks who have done this.

Please report back when you get the switch done.
I did and didn't find anything.
Old 09-28-2022, 02:06 AM   #4

THOR #3923
I searched "Power Seats"...and mostly what I found was about seats peeling.

Edited...
I did a Google Search "Power "Seats and I see there are some threads on this Forum...but people used the words "Power SEAT".

To change out my seats shouldn't be complicated. What I'm particular interested in is how people ran power to them. Since the pedestals are grounded, all I need to do is run one hot wire...and I'm thinking of running that under the body and up through the floor. Not sure if there is an unused fuse spot I can tap into...and that would depend on what size/gauge wire is running to it and the power the seats take.
Or will I have to run a wire from the battery with its own blade fuse to the seats.

I'll have to look, but does anyone know if the 29M is pre-wired (to the fuse box) for power seats?
Old 10-02-2022, 08:11 PM   #5

THOR #3923
Update...I found out they are not "Flexsteel" they are made by Distinctive Industries (AKA Roadwire).

I got them installed...just need to connect up power. WOW, what a difference in comfort!!! So nice to be able to move the seat up, down, back, forward, tilt front, tilt back, and even heated. And most importantly, I can turn them around, even though they are wider.

There is one thing I'm not real happy about, and that is the headrest is too low and it hits below my neck...not at the top of my head. I wish they had velcro it in...instead it i sewn in. I think if I could find a support for the upper back (below the headrest), it might not bother me. The problem I'm finding with that is most that I see online have a strap that goes around the headrest like on a car. I have seen some that have straps that go around the back of the seat, but they look too bulky. Might have to make a trip to the foam store and have something custom made.
Old 10-08-2022, 08:51 PM   #6

THOR #3923
I'm ready to wire up the power to the seats and have decided to tap off the coach batteries. I'm debating to drill a hole under the floor and through the pedestal and run the wires out a hole in the back of the pedestal...or drill off to the side of the pedestal.
One of the concerns I have is drilling a hole in the pedestal as the wires would be up against the metal...I could put some caulking around them, but might be difficult to get to. On the other hand drilling through the floor, it's just wood.
Anyone know how Thor runs the wires when they put in power seats...do they go through the pedestal or off to the side?