Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Seiki and ACE 30.3

Has anyone else with an ACE 30.3 tried to figure out when their Seiki 40" TV in the galley was manufactured? I have read that it depends on when it was manufactured whether it has the QAM tuner or not. I am trying to figure out how to find that information on my Model SE40FYP1T.

FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:01 PM   #2

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
Has anyone else with an ACE 30.3 tried to figure out when their Seiki 40" TV in the galley was manufactured? I have read that it depends on when it was manufactured whether it has the QAM tuner or not. I am trying to figure out how to find that information on my Model SE40FYP1T.
I'll be very surprised if Seiki used the same model number for a model with QAM and one without. While possible, normally they would use a different model number for a change like that. More likely, after a certain point Thor started using a different model Seiki that had QAM.

I have checked multiple places selling that model Seiki and none of them list QAM. They just list ATSC. I have found other Seiki models that have QAM.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:41 PM   #3

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Thanks for that info, tnedator. You are probably right. I had seen some folks saying they found the date theirs was manufactured and I was wondering if there was an easy way to do that without dismounting the tv. Mine (it retracts into the kitchen counter) is quite a chore to dismount.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:43 PM   #4

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
Thanks for that info, tnedator. You are probably right. I had seen some folks saying they found the date theirs was manufactured and I was wondering if there was an easy way to do that without dismounting the tv. Mine (it retracts into the kitchen counter) is quite a chore to dismount.
You can probably go into the TV menu and you might find the firmware menu and it might have the date of the firmware and while that wouldn't give you the date of manufacture, you would know for sure it was earlier than the firmware date.