Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2016, 06:09 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #4608
Sorry to hear about the fridge but it looks like someone provided reset procedure info so hopefully that's OK now. As for the skylight frame, yeah, mine came loose in the front and I'm having the dealer fix it while it's in for a fridge door issue. The stainless steel door insert wasn't properly glued in and it bowed out to the point it came out of the frame little. Problem was when the bathroom door was swung out the stop on the ceiling by the fridge, the door caught on the edge of the insert and damaged the insert. Also, I'm having to replace the pedestal table base by the sofa. Pedestal won't attach. The base in the bedroom works fine and that's where I had my meals last weekend. Another case of no info on how to attach the pedestal to the base. I figured it out finally but it could have been made much easier with a very short setup guide. Thanks Thor, once again...

Old 07-18-2016, 07:50 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nevada
THOR #4729
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboe10 View Post
Sorry to hear about the fridge but it looks like someone provided reset procedure info so hopefully that's OK now. As for the skylight frame, yeah, mine came loose in the front and I'm having the dealer fix it while it's in for a fridge door issue. ...

I don't think there is a fix for the skylight frame. It's too flexible and heavy for the glue back velcro. Mine was fixed twice, but keeps falling down. It needs a rigid frame, screwed in. Will Thor admit the mistake and make one?

I have a question for the Compass owners. How do you connect your sewer hose? I can't figure out a solution short of climbing down under the chassis to reach under the flap down door and connect it? I bought a right angle piece, but it's too close to the ground, and got sheared off.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #23

THOR #4608
Hopefully, Thor will make a viable frame available. I'll mention this to the dealer after I see how their repair job works/doesn't work. As for the sewer hose, yeah not ideal. I had to come in from below to be able to engage the rv black pipe. Just using the stock rhinoflex 15 foot assembly out of the box.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:03 PM   #24

State: Michigan
THOR #3824
Gemini questions

I have had my Gemini since January 2016. Since then, blown fuel injectors, in shop for 2 weeks, dealer did not do job properly and had to take back another 2 weeks and had to take in for alot of minor repairs...another two weeks. 7,000 miles later and everything seems to be fine now. I agree, it really sucks that there is not a specific manual for the Gemini/Compass but I have had good luck contacting Thor by email and they have been very responsive.
Getting about 15.5 mpg now, what is everyone else getting? Sure would like to hear from other Gemini owners.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:02 PM   #25

THOR #4608
Hey, sorry to hear about the engine problems. I haven't had that but have had several other issues that needed fixing or replacing. My mh is at the dealer awaiting a part for the refrigerator door and a valve for the tankless water heater. I did find a manual for the 3rd generation Girard water heater:
GSWH-2 Owner’s Manual Part No.2GWH9401 at Home - Green Rv. In addition to these latest two issues, I had the following: Missing velcro anchors for the windshield privacy curtain, skylight frame which came unglued, cup holder - charging station not attached at the bottom, rug behind the seats in the cab not fitting or staying place, a loose panel under the bed near one of the drawers, the pedestal for the dinette table which wouldn't attach except in the bedroom and a furnace that would come on. All of those got fixed, albeit quite slowly. I was told be the dealer today that they have the parts for the latest two, but don't have anyone to install them tomorrow because it's the end of the month and all tech people are working to get new models ready to sell. I've so far only been able to pick up the mh at the dealer and use it on weeks weekend before bringing it back for more repairs. Not impressed with Thor or the dealer but I think the end is in sight. As for mileage, I got 16 last weekend on average and the best I saw on the mpg readout was 16.5.

Jimboe
Old 07-28-2016, 11:33 PM   #26

Model: Compass
State: Florida
THOR #3948
My compass runs about 15.7 to 15.8 mpg. I only have 1700 miles on it though. I have had a few minor problems and took care of them myself. My dealer is 2hrs away so I am waiting till fall to have some minor issues fixed. The hot water for outside shower does not work, just drips. cold works fine. The storage cabinet above couch has the contact paper wood grain bubbling up. I have had to tighten numerous screws on this coach. About ready to lock tite every screw.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:30 PM   #27

THOR #4608
Sounds like they'll have to replace that cabinet door. Thanks for the heads up on the screws I'll start checking. Haven't had any problems with the couch yet. As I mentioned, the tube that supports the pedestal table would not attach to the base by the couch. It worked in the bedroom though. Not sure how they fixed it but it works fine now.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:40 AM   #28

State: North Carolina
THOR #4990
table base

Hey!
New Gemini owner here. The trick to the table base is the metal tab that fits into the slot HAS to be extended out about an inch. You can do this by hand or put it in the slot in the base, and turn the base counter-clockwise (left) a little. Then the metal tab in the base will be able to get under the metal in the slot and you can tighten it up.
My skylight frame is sagging rather badly. It seems to be worse in heat. I just saw a video of a guy using eternabond double sided tape to repair holes in rubber or TPO roofs. I think this tape would bond to the frame and the material under the frame also. After seeing the video of the eternabond tape, I believe this might be a way to keep the frame from falling out .... for good. Let me know what you think.
My name is Jason and I am in Boone, NC.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:07 PM   #29

State: Ohio
THOR #5210
new owner here havent had any problems yet.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:59 PM   #30

State: Texas
THOR #5646
Our pump filter also had lots of plastic shavings in it. Thanks for that post!
Old 10-08-2016, 05:24 PM   #31

THOR #5210
we have about 2 thousand miles on our new gemini and no problems so far ive been running a mileage check since the first fill up which was about a mile from the dealer. so far about 17.2 so im pretty happy.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:22 PM   #32

THOR #4990
gemini/compass owners questions

Hey All:

I'm about to winterize my Thor Gemini for the first time, and I have a few location questions for anyone. The problem is that, with no valid schematic diagrams, I don't know where some things are located. So.... here goes.
1) Where are the low point drains?
2) Where is the location of the fresh water tank, and specifically, the drain that empties the tank?
3) Where is the water pump and how do you access the pump to circulate antifreeze through the coach?

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:29 PM   #33
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Which model do you have (that will be significant for the locations of things).

A few hints: Low point drains and pump are usually close to the tank. Find that and you'll probably be set.

Finding the tank: Where is the filler: The tank will at least most likely be on that side of the camper.

Look for removable panels inside the coach, even cold-air-return vents (on my Axis the water heater and all the bypass valves are behind a cold-air-return vent). While you're looking lift seat cushions and look for panels that can be removed as well, perhaps under a bed (again my Axis the water tank is under the passenger side bed--two screws and the base of the bed lifts up).

By removable I mean a couple of screws to unscrew (slightly more work than simply pulling the panel off the wall).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:00 PM   #34

THOR #5210
if you have the 23tr the fresh water drain is in the back compartment on left side there is a small panel wit a finger hole in it just pull it out and the drain is there along with the pump and the antifreeze fill. pretty much self explanatory with the valves.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:58 PM   #35

THOR #4990
I have a 2017 Thor Gemini 23TR.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:05 PM   #36

THOR #3824
winterize gemini

Just go to the Thor web site click owners then Customer care. Ask them to send a drawing and you will get same day. While you are at it ask for a schematic of the sewer system and anything else you have questions for. Yes very frustrating that we do not have an owners manual. Rick
Old 10-12-2016, 10:16 PM   #37

THOR #4990
Hey! Thanks for the advice. I did find the compartment with the water pump, 2 valves and the winterization inlet. The fresh water tank drain line is right beside the pump, and has a valve attached to it. I assume that turning the valve to the left (counter-clockwise) would open the drain to release any water.
Can you tell me the procedure for using the winterization inlet to circulate antifreeze through the water lines? That would be great. One more thing..... are the low point drains behind the tankless water heater?
Old 10-13-2016, 07:20 PM   #38

THOR #5210
i didnt find any behind the water heater but i will look again. the drain for the fresh is right below the valve that comes off the tank. open it and look under the rv and you will see the water come out. close it and open the other valve and it will pump the antifreeze out of your bottle through the little line to the water pump must turn pump on and the water faucets. mine took about 2 gals
Old 10-14-2016, 05:15 PM   #39

THOR #4990
pump converter kit

Do you need the hose supplied with the pump converter kit to attach to the winterization inlet? One end screws into the winterization inlet and the other end goes into the Antifreeze bottle? Then turn on the water pump? Is this correct. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:58 PM   #40

THOR #5210
yep just unscrew the cap in the top of the hose that is straight up and screw in the hose to the antifreeze bottle. if you drained the fresh water make sure the valve is closed to the fresh tank and the other valve is open to the pump.