Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2019, 03:30 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
SOB - New 2019 Coach: No San T Flush?

Is it normal to see a brand new 2019 29ft A Class Gas Coach without any type of Sani Flush system installed from factory?

Note: This is for SOB (Not a Thor unit); but it is something I assume would be on all blank tanks. Mfg says San T Flush cannot be installed. They admit that it is installed on some of the units for same model but it was a different midyear build before they added.

Would you buy brand new coach without? Or do you you just keep looking akin to if you wanted 2 AC's? Is something like that Camco Tornado reliable enough for new coach etc.?

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:18 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
https://www.amazon.com/San-T-Flush-P...3103737&sr=8-2

This?
At $40?
You'd continue shopping due to a missing $40 option?
Old 11-07-2019, 08:55 AM   #3

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
https://www.amazon.com/San-T-Flush-P...3103737&sr=8-2

This?
At $40?
You'd continue shopping due to a missing $40 option?
Didn't know you could buy them like that? Wonder why the dealer was saying it couldn't be installed? He said they switched production mid year and started to add on remaining 2019 models. Same dealer wants $925 to install AGS and $175 for engine disconnect switch; so I assume something might be a problem. But maybe not?

I see so many peeps selling their otherwise new units for all kinds of reasons. Most centered around learning they what they got don't align with their expectations and the 2nd unit seems to be better fit. I don't intend to buy one of these things twice. i.e We have been in the same house 40 years and it is perfect for us, took us 3 years to find

The San T Flush is what is installed on the other units from factory, is it preferred over the Tornado given you have to do aftermarket?

Thanks for link, I got it bookmarked with all of my other stuff I may have to buy.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 11-07-2019, 12:57 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
The Tornado and San-T-Flush systems are two separate units; that both do just about the same thing...
There was another thread in here that had a video which showed a bunch of these tank washing systems being tested.
(I wish I could find it...)
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:04 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Didn't know you could buy them like that? Wonder why the dealer was saying it couldn't be installed? He said they switched production mid year and started to add on remaining 2019 models. Same dealer wants $925 to install AGS and $175 for engine disconnect switch; so I assume something might be a problem. But maybe not?

I see so many peeps selling their otherwise new units for all kinds of reasons. Most centered around learning they what they got don't align with their expectations and the 2nd unit seems to be better fit. I don't intend to buy one of these things twice. i.e We have been in the same house 40 years and it is perfect for us, took us 3 years to find

The San T Flush is what is installed on the other units from factory, is it preferred over the Tornado given you have to do aftermarket?

Thanks for link, I got it bookmarked with all of my other stuff I may have to buy.
You didn't mention the brand but there are so many out there that have tanks flushing systems and AGS as standard equipment that this but be either a high end unit where everything is an option or a super cheap unit that is built to get people in and nothing more. Find another manufacturer that has a similar floorplan with the flush and AGS as standard.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:44 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I did find the video...

Old 11-07-2019, 01:52 PM   #7

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
The Tornado and San-T-Flush systems are two separate units; that both do just about the same thing...
There was another thread in here that had a video which showed a bunch of these tank washing systems being tested.
(I wish I could find it...)
Thanks Bob. I had actually searched and found that thread and video before my new thread.

I am sure this is what you are referring to.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...ing-11678.html

It basically showed the Tornado and 3 other systems that did not work. Didn't get into San T Flush.

I angst is brand new 2019 coach without what I know now to seemingly be so simple? I crossed this while comparing two units that I thought were identical, same model same year but I have found at least four differences. HDMI cable wiring, San T flush, storage cabinets for dinette cushions, built in Ice Chest in outdoor kitchen etc. Nothing major but there are many available nad if brand new you have to understand what you are willing to forgo to do later if you can.

But as far as San T Flush, I now worry as to why at least one dealer says it is not an option that they can install?
Old 11-07-2019, 01:55 PM   #8

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Gosh Bob you were 8 minutes faster than me. I don't type that good and then I have to read what I typed 3 or 4 times to understand what I was trying to say and then fix the typos
Old 11-07-2019, 01:55 PM   #9
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Why not call the manufacture and ask them if it can be installed after market
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:01 PM   #10
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Is it normal to see a brand new 2019 29ft A Class Gas Coach without any type of Sani Flush system installed from factory?

Note: This is for SOB (Not a Thor unit); but it is something I assume would be on all blank tanks. Mfg says San T Flush cannot be installed. They admit that it is installed on some of the units for same model but it was a different midyear build before they added.

Would you buy brand new coach without? Or do you you just keep looking akin to if you wanted 2 AC's? Is something like that Camco Tornado reliable enough for new coach etc.?
No black tank comes from the manufacturer with a flushing device installed. It is up to the coach builder to install a flushing device if they desire.

You may be able to retrofit your black tank with an aftermarket flushing device it you have access to an area on one of the sides of the tank near the top. The flushing device manufacturers prefer you install them on the wall opposite the drain but you have to work with what is accessible. Mine was added to the wall on the same side as the drain and it works fine (Tornado).
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:02 PM   #11
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Gosh Bob you were 8 minutes faster than me. I don't type that good and then I have to read what I typed 3 or 4 times to understand what I was trying to say and then fix the typos
Trust me: MaI tIpPiNg As TeArAbLe...
But I had a pretty good idea of where to look for the video...
Old 11-07-2019, 02:34 PM   #12

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
No black tank comes from the manufacturer with a flushing device installed. It is up to the coach builder to install a flushing device if they desire.

You may be able to retrofit your black tank with an aftermarket flushing device it you have access to an area on one of the sides of the tank near the top. The flushing device manufacturers prefer you install them on the wall opposite the drain but you have to work with what is accessible. Mine was added to the wall on the same side as the drain and it works fine (Tornado).
In my context Manufacturer is Winnebago. I follow the premise behind the production builds. But for this 2019 model they added the San T Flush mid year. The RV Dealer that is selling the brand new coach says that it cannot be installed. They have been working with Mfg and agree to install AGS Disconnect Switch etc so it is NOT like they don't want to install anything. All of this made me think it was a big issue until this thread. I had no idea #1 they were that cheap part wise and #2 something that I could in theory do myself. Don't think I want to do myself though.

What I am getting out of this is Yes I do want a San T flush or Tornado one way or the other. For one coach the other way is not currently defined given the Dealer cannot do.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:39 PM   #13

THOR #13058
"You didn't mention the brand but there are so many out there that have tanks flushing systems and AGS as standard equipment that this but be either a high end unit where everything is an option or a super cheap unit that is built to get people in and nothing more. Find another manufacturer that has a similar floorplan with the flush and AGS as standard."

Winnebago

They actually have the San T flush in same mode that was built later in the year. I was surprised that this one did NOT have it and then later when dealer said they could not install. I am sure now it can be done aftermarket ubles the tank is hidden someplace with no access :-)

The same dealer will install AGS per factory for $900; so that part I am good with.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:49 PM   #14
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
In my context Manufacturer is Winnebago. I follow the premise behind the production builds. But for this 2019 model they added the San T Flush mid year. The RV Dealer that is selling the brand new coach says that it cannot be installed. They have been working with Mfg and agree to install AGS Disconnect Switch etc so it is NOT like they don't want to install anything. All of this made me think it was a big issue until this thread. I had no idea #1 they were that cheap part wise and #2 something that I could in theory do myself. Don't think I want to do myself though.

What I am getting out of this is Yes I do want a San T flush or Tornado one way or the other. For one coach the other way is not currently defined given the Dealer cannot do.
You have manufacturers of components like black tanks and refrigerators and then you have manufacturers of coaches which use the parts from the component manufacturers.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:07 PM   #15

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
My ags was $140 retail
https://www.amazon.com/Xantrex-809-0...3139354&sr=8-7
The operating manual shows it was a two wire splice that took about 10 minutes.

You need to get away from that dealer.
Why would the dealer and manufacturer have to work together to splice two wires to a THIRD PARTY, MADE BY NEITHER OF THEM generator? There isn't a single reason in the world for the dealer to contact Winnie about either the ags or the black tank.

You're being lied to in the 'he will believe any damn thing you tell him. If we lie enough, maybe he will go away' most hateful possible way.

Your research needs to be research, not an air quote from a dealer. I'll estimate there are 1500 posts on black tank washers and 400 on ags installs on this forum alone.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:09 AM   #16

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
My ags was $140 retail
https://www.amazon.com/Xantrex-809-0...3139354&sr=8-7
The operating manual shows it was a two wire splice that took about 10 minutes.

You need to get away from that dealer.
Why would the dealer and manufacturer have to work together to splice two wires to a THIRD PARTY, MADE BY NEITHER OF THEM generator? There isn't a single reason in the world for the dealer to contact Winnie about either the ags or the black tank.

You're being lied to in the 'he will believe any damn thing you tell him. If we lie enough, maybe he will go away' most hateful possible way.

Your research needs to be research, not an air quote from a dealer. I'll estimate there are 1500 posts on black tank washers and 400 on ags installs on this forum alone.
The $900 quote was actually best I could find. 2 local Cummins dealers would not even quote as they don't work on EV generators. One dealer quoted $2,000, but dealer also include in price so it may not have mattered.

The AGS I want is ....
https://www.coloradostandby.com/ener...tart-018-02030

Cummins state it preserves the 3 years warranty on generator. It has electronic panel so I can see voltage etc., it also will turn genset on if heat get below certain temperature on either thermostat or voltage too low on engine or house batteries.

It has 16 wires but only 8 - 10 are needed in my coach.

I may have to drop all of the options and just focus on coach, then later fight with others to install the other. I was hopeful to get good install price if I buy from dealer.

Sani T Flush shouldn't be too hard. Next time i am at dealer, I will get up under there to see where it may be setup on coach I am looking at.

Oh yeah, I know I am being lied to, but it is not much I can do because only a handful of dealers nearby. The RV industry in PIA
Old 11-08-2019, 01:40 PM   #17
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
If you're considering other Brands... Perhaps Tiffin should be on your radar scope.
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1573220596
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	San-T-Flush hook-up.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	21334  
Old 11-08-2019, 03:28 PM   #18

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Personally, I wouldn’t stress much about a tank flusher. My coach has one and I use it but a previous one did not and I don’t think it was much of a loss. After I dump I always put sever gallons of fresh water in the tank and either dump again or, if I’m going to be traveling I leave it to slosh around and dump at my next stop. When storing my unit I typically leave a few gallons of water in both tanks with an enzyme product to break down organic waste while it sits. Works for me. And while I’m sure I’m in a minority on this I’m glad I don’t have an AGS. I don’t like things making decisions to run by themselves when I’m not there and it’s just one more thing to break. But that’s just me. Certainly neither of these issues would be a deal breaker for me if I liked a coach otherwise.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:30 PM   #19
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
But having one does make it easier to get things even cleaner...
Old 11-08-2019, 04:11 PM   #20

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Personally, I wouldn’t stress much about a tank flusher. My coach has one and I use it but a previous one did not and I don’t think it was much of a loss. After I dump I always put sever gallons of fresh water in the tank and either dump again or, if I’m going to be traveling I leave it to slosh around and dump at my next stop. When storing my unit I typically leave a few gallons of water in both tanks with an enzyme product to break down organic waste while it sits. Works for me. And while I’m sure I’m in a minority on this I’m glad I don’t have an AGS. I don’t like things making decisions to run by themselves when I’m not there and it’s just one more thing to break. But that’s just me. Certainly neither of these issues would be a deal breaker for me if I liked a coach otherwise.
The EC-30 by Cummins if installed properly will only make those decisions to start when you tell it to, and based off criteria defined. Every time the coach is started or moved from park; it will default back to manual mode, so you would have to physically go tell it again to be activated. i.e. if you park in indoor facility it will not be ON unless someone intentionally went to turn it on and that could happen with manual start button.

I had a 30ft Chaparral for 14 years. I never cleaned the tank, I had to pay $20 to pump out each time as boat was confined to the lake. I am sure it is a lot more now. But this is RV and I am just reading and learning and black tank cleaning seems to be a concern. To me it is like buying a new house with no sink in utility room. Who designs a house without one

I agree it is prolly not a big deal, but it helps to know what my options are if dealer can't or won't do.