Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2017, 03:32 AM   #181

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
Same boat - I'm retired and wife working until next August. The Axis/Vegas is great for weekend trips because of its size. We had a 38 ft DP and its so much easier to just go and not have to plan because of its size. Looked at B+ but too small for us.
Baddad 53 and I have met on the road and even though this is our first motor home, I like the issue that we can take the Axis just about anywhere and it will fit. We had to stick with the Axis and the 24.1 because of driveway restrictions and the personal requirement that it had to be parked next to our house. We have a sewer cleanout that we can use to dump the tanks and had a spare 30 amp source (used to be for an old hot tub) that we can use for shore power. Are things perfect with the Thor Axis? No. The problems have been pretty minor in my opinion and the positives of being able to get away with our little home on wheels has more than justified the investment. We thought of spending twice the amount for our first RV but are still glad we didn't. I am not an engineer by any stretch of the word but I am fairly handy with seeing things that don't seem like they are working properly and getting them fixed. I am thinking that someone that cannot turn a screwdriver (not meant as a slam, just a description) probably should stick with renting a hotel room.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #182
mjs

State: Alaska
THOR #6545
I brought a 2012 thro hurricane 31A and no problems and we love it brought used with 12000 miles on it
Old 04-25-2017, 01:37 AM   #183

Brand: Still Looking
State: Minnesota
THOR #7110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
Same boat - I'm retired and wife working until next August. The Axis/Vegas is great for weekend trips because of its size. We had a 38 ft DP and its so much easier to just go and not have to plan because of its size. Looked at B+ but too small for us.

We to looked at B also! Won't work for us...WAY to tight!!
Old 04-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #184

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
We consider going a little bigger from time to time. All the horror stories adds to hesitation. The Vegas sits next to pool without sinking and drives great. 2nd drive for wife was towing racecar trailer. She had no issues driving.
I did feel nervous during first few trips. Maybe now is easier due to getting used to driving and crown is worn off tires. I did add a road master stabilizer, mainly to help during blowouts. Overall our experience has been very positive. It actually is like a super sized SUV.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:24 PM   #185

State: Minnesota
THOR #7110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
We consider going a little bigger from time to time. All the horror stories adds to hesitation. The Vegas sits next to pool without sinking and drives great. 2nd drive for wife was towing racecar trailer. She had no issues driving.

I did feel nervous during first few trips. Maybe now is easier due to getting used to driving and crown is worn off tires. I did add a road master stabilizer, mainly to help during blowouts. Overall our experience has been very positive. It actually is like a super sized SUV.

My wife's up for driving and should be no problem when we were dating we used to borrow her dad's motorhome on occasion!we've looked at the Thor and like the 24.1 layout!I like the 2018 features euro style cabinets and such...I like the idea of possibly adding solar!more than likely what will be looking at! Thanks for sharing your experiences!i'm expecting there'll be some fiddling around with some things a loose connection here or there!I am pretty handy most things and can tackle just about anything thrown my way!
Old 10-04-2017, 03:12 PM   #186

Model: Windsport 35 M
State: New York
THOR #6832
Smile Have Thor Wind sport 35 m

Purchased it at show. Camping near dealer so we could bring back to dealer. Extra car to leave it. The only problem, no problems. Actually small ones. Outdoor lights will not turn off. Will keep updated but so far so good.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:27 PM   #187

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary d View Post
Purchased it at show. Camping near dealer so we could bring back to dealer. Extra car to leave it. The only problem, no problems. Actually small ones. Outdoor lights will not turn off. Will keep updated but so far so good.
Gary do you have a Rapid Camp remote if the light was turned on with that you can only turn it off with that

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:13 PM   #188

Model: Windsport 35 M
THOR #6832
Into 3 months into 4 month trip. Thor Windsport. 35 m. This trig drives like a dream. Small problems. Gotta check all the screwa and sinks. Very impressed Also we put in nitrogen into tires and psi does not fluctuate at all. We even feel it rides better. But maybe not on that one. But it sure helps knowing your tires aren’t leaking
Old 01-26-2018, 05:50 PM   #189
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
"Are you happy?"
Philosophers can fill volumes, while discussing that single question...
I sort of loosely define "happiness", as the feeling I get when I see some "essobee" getting exactly what they deserve...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:25 PM   #190

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I’m 100% convinced that each of us is exactly as happy as we choose to be. Sure the world and most of its residents can be pretty awful sometimes but I pretty much choose not to let it bother me. Over the years it’s cost me quite a lot of money but I’m richer for it. And a darn sight more pleasant to be around according to my wife!
Old 01-26-2018, 11:09 PM   #191
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I agree...

Old 01-27-2018, 12:17 AM   #192

State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
Abraham Lincoln is attributed with saying “Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
Old 01-27-2018, 04:14 AM   #193

State: Missouri
THOR #10032
It makes me happy to complain ! Bought mine in November. Got 2 one night trips to shake it down. After my second night out the slide crapped out. Took 10 days to get it in to Camping World where it sat for 35 days without being fixed. Picked it up 4 days ago with a promise from Thor to bring it back to the factory to get them to fix it. Thor customer service said the Service department would contact me to get me in. Haven't heard anything and got no response from my email I sent in early this morning . I'm estatic !
Old 01-27-2018, 05:25 AM   #194

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonjack View Post
It makes me happy to complain ! Bought mine in November. Got 2 one night trips to shake it down. After my second night out the slide crapped out. Took 10 days to get it in to Camping World where it sat for 35 days without being fixed. Picked it up 4 days ago with a promise from Thor to bring it back to the factory to get them to fix it. Thor customer service said the Service department would contact me to get me in. Haven't heard anything and got no response from my email I sent in early this morning . I'm estatic !
You probably already know this, but Thor does not work on weekends, so, if they didn't respond to your e-mail today, it will be at least Monday morning before you hear from them.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:41 AM   #195

Model: Chateau 35SD
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonjack View Post

When you say crapped out what exactly happened? Many of us have had good luck fixing slides ourselves with the help of the factory sending us parts and or looking at YouTube videos. Many times something is blocking its movement and or motors get out of sync. I hate to take a unit to the dealer as they are overwhelmed with work.

Mike Wenzel
Oklahoma City
Old 01-27-2018, 11:53 AM   #196

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenzOmatic View Post
When you say crapped out what exactly happened? Many of us have had good luck fixing slides ourselves with the help of the factory sending us parts and or looking at YouTube videos. Many times something is blocking its movement and or motors get out of sync. I hate to take a unit to the dealer as they are overwhelmed with work.

Mike Wenzel
Oklahoma City
I agree, what doesn’t work? If it just doesn’t move you may only need to reset the slide controller.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:13 PM   #197

State: Arizona
THOR #10575
I got a thousand miles away to find I was stranded, I'm not happy.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:22 PM   #198

State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
I pologize I know many of you are having serious issues. But ranting on a board does nothing to help (unless complaining makes you happy then you should be right at home).
Old 01-27-2018, 05:40 PM   #199

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
RV are homes always in a rolling earthquake. They have a lot of sub-systems which have zero to no quality control. I have never seen data on MTBF on them. Its easier to just have their sub-vendors deal with it. The first year can be difficult for some RV owners not knowing this.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:46 PM   #200
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJanTan View Post
I pologize I know many of you are having serious issues. But ranting on a board does nothing to help (unless complaining makes you happy then you should be right at home).
I've got to say that I agree. If RVing isn't any fun: why subject yourself to it?
Everybody deserves the chance to be happy. Don't waste time on an endeavor that just isn't working...