Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2019, 10:50 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Thor Freedom elite 23h
State: California
THOR #14090
anyone know what this button do, 2017 E350

hello, everyone. I have 2018 Thor Freedom Elite 23H on a E350 chassis and Im trying to find out what this button is for, I've check the manual both from Thor and Ford and I cant find what it. I've seen it on other pictures but no refference as to what is. Any thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	223
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	14881

Old 01-03-2019, 12:09 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Florida
THOR #14082
Good evening. My 2018 Thor Freedom Elite 22FE has a HDMI and a USB in that plastic cover. The little round button appears to do nothing. Maybe it is a pin to hold the plastic to the dash board.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:35 AM   #3

THOR #14090
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemyClassC View Post
Good evening. My 2018 Thor Freedom Elite 22FE has a HDMI and a USB in that plastic cover. The little round button appears to do nothing. Maybe it is a pin to hold the plastic to the dash board.
Hi, thanks for your reply. My MH has the same, HDMI and USB. I popped that little piece out and the little button is plugged into a harness, but I still dont know what it does.��. I seen pics of just regular Vans with it , but no description of what it does
Old 01-03-2019, 01:48 AM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Tell your kids that's the EJECT button, so they better behave!
Old 01-03-2019, 04:46 AM   #5

Model: Four Winds 31E (2019)
THOR #12270
https://vimeo.com/126720159
Old 01-03-2019, 11:18 AM   #6

THOR #14082
Goodness, Mr. Sunshine. That eject button is too funny.
A follow on question to the issue: when you popped out the plastic cover and viewed the button and harness, did it look like it would accept something like a headphone jack? We use the USB plug to charge our phones while driving or a camp just to charge. Some items do charge using a HDMI plug. If it accepts a headphone jack then it likely would charge a music device. I have one and will pop off the little plug and see if my device will fit and charge with it and report back.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:26 AM   #7

THOR #14082
Sotouke, I have a question that maybe you can help. I am searching for my Battery Isolation Manager device. Thor's manual says it should be close to the house battery but a recent post seemed to show a picture of it located near the chassis battery. I have searching all over. I do not know how I can NOT see this device that is 5" long, 3" wide (odd shaped), and 2" thick. Maybe, Thor installed a Bi-Directional Isolator Relay Delay (BIRD) which the manufacturer states should be in a covered box which also I do not seem to find. The system works and charges so I should not loose any sleep, but I am so darn persistent and what to know where it is since someday it will give me trouble. Have you ever found yours on your Thor?
Old 01-03-2019, 06:23 PM   #8

THOR #14090
too funny
Old 01-03-2019, 06:26 PM   #9

THOR #14090
Quote:
Goodness, Mr. Sunshine. That eject button is too funny.
A follow on question to the issue: when you popped out the plastic cover and viewed the button and harness, did it look like it would accept something like a headphone jack? We use the USB plug to charge our phones while driving or a camp just to charge. Some items do charge using a HDMI plug. If it accepts a headphone jack then it likely would charge a music device. I have one and will pop off the little plug and see if my device will fit and charge with it and report back.
haven't look if does, I do use the same, USB and HDMI. Our stereo does have a Jack for headphone jack or aux port in the front, I will have too look and find out if it something else related to the Radio .
Old 01-03-2019, 06:30 PM   #10

THOR #14090
Quote:
Sotouke, I have a question that maybe you can help. I am searching for my Battery Isolation Manager device. Thor's manual says it should be close to the house battery but a recent post seemed to show a picture of it located near the chassis battery. I have searching all over. I do not know how I can NOT see this device that is 5" long, 3" wide (odd shaped), and 2" thick. Maybe, Thor installed a Bi-Directional Isolator Relay Delay (BIRD) which the manufacturer states should be in a covered box which also I do not seem to find. The system works and charges so I should not loose any sleep, but I am so darn persistent and what to know where it is since someday it will give me trouble. Have you ever found yours on your Thor?
I Personally, like to know where everything is, should I need to fix or change parts. I remember seeing something similar under booth the seat next to the Fridge, but not sure it that's what it s.