Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-10-2017, 02:30 AM   #1

State: Florida
THOR #6491
Anyone know what causes this?

They are hard lumps in the wall. 2017 Freedom Elite in for service we just made it in time for factory warranty.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2072.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	7713Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2069.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	7714

Old 11-10-2017, 02:32 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
With the picture on the left, I was going to say unprotected sex, but now I see it's on the coach wall.

Not sure why it's hard, but wonder if it could be something to do with water infiltration?
Old 11-10-2017, 02:54 AM   #3

State: Alabama
THOR #7096

Looks kind a Bad case of Chicken [emoji215] Pox ! Seriously looks like water intrusion.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:29 AM   #4

Model: 37GT
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
With the picture on the left, I was going to say unprotected sex, but now I see it's on the coach wall.

Not sure why it's hard, but wonder if it could be something to do with water infiltration?
you either had a really hard life or you are a doctor (heeeheee)
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:49 PM   #5

Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
Blisters in fiberglass?
Old 11-10-2017, 04:00 PM   #6
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
INTEREIOR .. we have a bubble/slight bulge type appearance on the passenger side of our Axis under the sliding window...it appears it is caused by water intusion ..
others have reported this same issue and have removed the interior wall and replaced same...
Ron has loaded the window top and bottom with sealant .. at this point, it appears the problem has been solved .. and at this time, it is not an eyesore and does not seem to cause any real problem, cosmetic (not soft or moldy).
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:03 PM   #7

THOR #6491
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
INTEREIOR .. we have a bubble/slight bulge type appearance on the passenger side of our Axis under the sliding window...it appears it is caused by water intusion ..
others have reported this same issue and have removed the interior wall and replaced same...
Ron has loaded the window top and bottom with sealant .. at this point, it appears the problem has been solved .. and at this time, it is not an eyesore and does not seem to cause any real problem.

Thank you.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:27 PM   #8

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
you either had a really hard life or you are a doctor (heeeheee)
Decades of watching Cinemax and ER!!!
Old 11-10-2017, 10:30 PM   #9
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Is it contagious?!?!?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:07 AM   #10

State: Illinois
THOR #4001
might be a leak by a window
Old 11-11-2017, 03:09 AM   #11

THOR #6491
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgriffis52@gmail.com View Post
might be a leak by a window

That’s what we are checking. Thanks
Old 11-11-2017, 04:10 AM   #12

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Oregon
THOR #8628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie1 View Post

We have the same issue on the passenger’s side after heavy rain. We sealed on the outside above what seems like a rain gutter where the curved seam meets the top of the window. Fingers crossed
Old 11-11-2017, 03:32 PM   #13

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsykelly View Post
We have the same issue on the passenger’s side after heavy rain. We sealed on the outside above what seems like a rain gutter where the curved seam meets the top of the window. Fingers crossed

While on our recent trip, I noticed some moisture on the wall in the corner nearest the toilet after a heavy rain. After checking the outside, I found the rubber seals on the slide folded inward which allowed an opening for water to get inside. Since then, whenever I set up and extend the slide, I reach inside the seals with my fingers and lay them out flat against the slide as they should be. I’ve not noticed any rain coming inside the coach since.

May not be occurring on yours but worth checking.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #14

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Oregon
THOR #8628
Thanks for the tip!
Old 11-21-2017, 02:50 PM   #15

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie1 View Post
Hi Mattie1!
My Vegas 25.3 is experiencing the same bumpy issue and I'm wondering if you've taken yours in for repairs and found any answers; What caused it, how is it to be fixed, how big of a headache ($$) can I expect since mine is out of warranty..., etc. Any answers would be great.
Thanks!
~n.
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:00 PM   #16
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
Hi Mattie1!
My Vegas 25.3 is experiencing the same bumpy issue and I'm wondering if you've taken yours in for repairs and found any answers; What caused it, how is it to be fixed, how big of a headache ($$) can I expect since mine is out of warranty..., etc. Any answers would be great.
Thanks!
~n.
There is another thread on this issue...some folks have torn into it to find the whole panel (chipboard) has been compromised .. our side wall next to the passenger seat has a bulge...Ron..re-caulked the top and bottom of the window and it appears the moisture problem has been stopped. We are not going to tear apart our panel at this time as it is not as unsightly as matties is... Remember, if you take your motorhome in to an RV center .. and leave it ... it could be there for months !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 11-21-2017, 03:22 PM   #17

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Remember, if you take your motorhome in to an RV center .. and leave it ... it could be there for months ![/QUOTE]

Being working stiffs, still (but retiring in the next year! Yea!), we are not worried about the loss of our 'MagicBus' for extended periods, but we are more concerned about if Thor will fix the problem and the walls without raping us. We haven't enjoyed the unit long enough for things to start falling apart on us! ..and one year into ownership is too soon to start having to do repairs ourselves. Ah well....
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:30 PM   #18
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Remember, if you take your motorhome in to an RV center .. and leave it ... it could be there for months !
Being working stiffs, still (but retiring in the next year! Yea!), we are not worried about the loss of our 'MagicBus' for extended periods, but we are more concerned about if Thor will fix the problem and the walls without raping us. We haven't enjoyed the unit long enough for things to start falling apart on us! ..and one year into ownership is too soon to start having to do repairs ourselves. Ah well....[/QUOTE]

understood ! I am sure you have read many posts regarding same...seems like squeaky gate get the oil, when it comes to how prompt RV repairs are made...DO get with Thor..and again...someone has posted names and #'s at Thor to make things move faster on the repair end.

Good luck...even if we wanted to get ours repaired, we are out of warranty..sooooooo...
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 11-21-2017, 04:07 PM   #19
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Being working stiffs, still (but retiring in the next year! Yea!), we are not worried about the loss of our 'MagicBus' for extended periods, but we are more concerned about if Thor will fix the problem and the walls without raping us. We haven't enjoyed the unit long enough for things to start falling apart on us! ..and one year into ownership is too soon to start having to do repairs ourselves. Ah well....
Being in IL you are likely not too far from Thor's factory service. I would give Thor a call and schedule that. You may not be able to get in for months but it won't be sitting there for months: two maybe three days tops. If you are still under warranty I would highly recommend that trip.

With the window problems, however, it is likely you wouldn't be able to stay in the RV (with Thor's factory service: you show up Sunday night and camp in their lot--they have hook ups. At 7am Monday a service tech knocks on your door and starts the process. If it isn't finished by 3ish they bring the coach back so you can stay the night, then at 7am Tuesday it all starts over.) I couldn't do that because they needed to leave my walls apart overnight to dry. So I simply drove home on Monday and returned on Wednesday to pick it up (yeah working stiff here too--had to take a couple of days off for the 3 hour drives).

Camping at Thor:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ThorCamping.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	7864
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:36 PM   #20

THOR #6491
Quote:
Hi Mattie1!

Thanks!

~n.

Ours is in shop now. Made it under warranty by 2 days. Water coming in around windows and seam roof and body. They are taking that piece of wall out to make sure no mold. Will replace with new sheet for wall. Needs to be caulked.
Will let u know if there is any mold.
Thanks