Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2015, 09:47 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
THOR #1599
Well, I guess I can't actually say about the map update, but there are periodic updates to the app, as a matter of fact, as soon as I got done downloading the huge app, it prompted me to down load another large maintenance update. As far as I can tell, the map and graphics work just like google or apple maps, no hang ups at all that I saw. I do have a cellular Ipad also, so I have the gps capability built in.

The description in the Itunes download area states lifetime maps......I only saw people complaining about updating their stand alone unit. Most did not know they had to hook it up to their computer to update the software. Well, between Google maps, Apple maps, my Garmin, and this app....I think I could navigate to the end of the earth and back I LOVE gadgets!

Old 03-13-2015, 11:57 PM   #22
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytlfamily View Post
Hey Dave, yes I believe they basically have emulated your GPS and incorporated it into the Ipad.......I have been comparing the features and they appear to be about the same.
One thing I noticed that is different is on the actual GPS I have the ability to rate and add comments to POIs such as campgrounds or fuel stations for future reference. I have used this feature to enter comments about service stations that are difficult to enter or exit and to also rate those campgrounds that I no longer want to patronize for one reason or another.

If you are concerned about mountainous areas, omething you might add to your library or tool kit is the Mountain Directory. It is available for East and West and it shows the grades for most roads going through the mountains. The problem is the ebook versions are only available for windows and not for iPad or Mac.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote