Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #227
Awaiting delivery of ACE 30.1

So my bride and I are awaiting the delivery of our first coach, an Ace 30.1. We have had three TT's in the past and have finally decided to make the move. After 4 weeks of waiting, and having 4 more to go, it's driving us crazy. The kids are ready to go, go, go, but I still think we are more excited than they are!
Waiting stinks.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Indiana
THOR #234
Congratulations!!!!!
I see your in Florida. No wonder you're "chomping at the bits".
You're in a good place to get moving with your new motorhome when it arrives.
Welcome aboard!!!!!

2012 Infinity 3850RL
2011 Ford F-350 FX4 6.7 Diesel
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Welcome aboard, and congrats on the new rig!!
Anticipation brings out the kid in all of us.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:15 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
Hello and welcome. Congrats on expecting a new baby! Let us know how the delivery of your beautiful big baby goes.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #5

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Arizona
THOR #260
Congratulations, we are waiting for our new baby also. It is also an ACE - the same size as yours.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #6

Model: Challenger
State: Illinois
THOR #228
We got our challenger at the St. Louis rv show...didn't have that long wait...I would have been a wreck. Enjoy. We are!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #7

THOR #260
Quote:
We got our challenger at the St. Louis rv show...didn't have that long wait...I would have been a wreck. Enjoy. We are!
Don't know if I could stand a two month wait. Made the decision on the ACE Thursday, pick it up next Saturday.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #8

THOR #227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa W View Post
Don't know if I could stand a two month wait. Made the decision on the ACE Thursday, pick it up next Saturday.
Congrats! (but ya didn't have to rub it in about the short wait time)
Could of taken delivery of the Demo Model, but I think close to 800 people probably walked thru it, and every kid that could reach the bed switch raised and lowered it. We went all three days of the Tampa RV show, really kept going back to that 30.1
On a good note though, The same unit is on the Lot at the camping world in Tampa, and still looks good considering the traffic at saw not only at that show, but they took it to several others since (Ft. Myers/Sarasota).
Still waiting for ours though, Just came out of the paint shop last Friday....
Old 03-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #9
Administrator

Brand: Airstream
Model: Overlander
State: Washington
THOR #2
Waiting for pictures....
Old 03-19-2013, 03:51 AM   #10

THOR #260
Yours will definitely be pristine. Ours was on the lot for a little while, but it still looks fantastic.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #11

THOR #227
Our family took delivery of our 30.1 on April 1! We set out Friday afternoon for an overnighter close by just to get out. Spent time learning everything. The kids love it. Daughter gets the overhead, son has inflatable mattress in front of couch(prefer not using couch or dinette as sleeping areas. Overall we are very pleased with our choice and the functionality of the 30.1
Two issues were found. Wife wanted me to put an additional bead of silicon in the shower, and the outside shower's hot/cold water lines are reversed.
One thing I'd like to note though is she sure wanders a lot. I'm hoping to get the "cheap Handling fix" done next week and sure hope that improves the wander. We usually log 10-15k miles a year, and I'm thinking they will be tiring miles if it does not improve. Have not had her up above 65 mph or on the interstate yet with the semi's. I don't feel any shake but she seems to need constant correction, could make for some long 12 hour days.
We're not sure what we'll name her, either "Dream Weaver" or "Ethel"
Old 04-09-2013, 04:01 AM   #12

THOR #260
Congratulations, glad you finally got it. Love both the names, one is whimsical and the other fun. We took ours for a short spin this weekend, the winds were up and it really made me do some knuckle driving. We are thinking of the cheap fix - want to make sure it is ok with Ford and Thor, so we don't lose any of the warranty we have. I've heard it works very well. We had steer safe on our other RV and that helped to keep the beast on track.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #13

Model: Challenger
State: Illinois
THOR #228
what is cheap fix?

I need an explanation of "cheap fix" for the wandering rv
Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #14

THOR #275
I did the CHF and it did great on our 2013 30.1 and it was easy to do.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #15

THOR #275
Just google it and you will get pages of post. It is simply moving the sway bars front and back to the next position and it helps the handling. Very easy to do.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #16

THOR #506
Good Morning,

My name is Mike and my wife's name is Jane. We have been looking very hard at an A.C.E. 30.1 and would like to get any input on the forum as to what you all like about this unit and what you do not like about this unit. We are looking at 2013/2014. Hope to attend the RV show in Tampa in January 2014. Are there any pros or cons to purchasing a unit at an RV SHOW? I have heard there are some fantastic deals. In reading these post it appears folks are waiting a long time for delivery of their 30.1. Thanks in advance for your input.

Happy Happy Happy Camping!

Mike and Jane
Kitty Hawk, NC
Old 03-25-2014, 06:21 PM   #17

THOR #669
Just recently purchased a 30.1 and aside from a few warranty fix ups...we are very happy. For the price...and ACE was the right mix of options/finishes and function. I recently added a Roadmaster rear sway bar upgrade as well as the Roadmaster Reflex steering stabilizer. What a huge improvement those made. Pricey but worth it considering that the drivability is crucial to this RV! We love our ACE...it isn't the biggest and it isn't the most expensive and it may lack a few things but overall for the price and look/feel...i love it.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:10 AM   #18

Model: Miramar 32.1
THOR #611
Dear MRJIMBO,

It will be worth the wait. We got our 30,1 two weeks ago and are still getting the little routine problems identified and fixed, but the coach works great overall. I am a former TT and Pop Up owner and unlike the TT's, I was determined not to compromise on comfort - especially since I was spending so much (for me anyway).
In the short time we've had it, I have established it has all the comfort I want including watching TV from a comfortable seat (drivers seat). And the Shower is even roomier than ones I've seen in much bigger units. Great stuff.

One thing I hate to do to you, but can't resist - is add my "rub it in":
We decided on the 30.1 and figured we would have to order it, so we chose the colors, cabinets, and fabric we wanted and by great luck, the only coach available within a hundred miles was outfitted exactly the way we wanted. We called and put a hold on it over the phone and the next week test drove it, and the week after took it home. It was a close call, because another Camping World dealer had put in a request for it the day after we put down our deposit. Whew! Good luck with it. I am sure you will enjoy it for a long time.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:13 AM   #19

Model: Miramar 32.1
THOR #611
Dear JTSELTMAN,
I've noticed a little sway but most of it is due to wind and passing vehicles. What was involved with installing the steering stabilizer? Can you give me just a ball park on the price? Mine drives pretty good, but nothing wrong with making good even better.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #20

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #758
Thanks for your help in fining others who have the swaying problems with the ACE Thor 30.1. None of them said the additions had it stopped the wandering completely. Has anyone been able to get it drive correctly for long trips?