Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2020, 09:55 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #12610
I wonder if tape should go on before trouble shows. I wonder if that would be a weather and uv shield when it is rolled up. Sound like a business plan here . New Product .

Old 10-17-2020, 11:30 PM   #22

Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Oklahoma
THOR #14681
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleflier View Post
I wonder if tape should go on before trouble shows. I wonder if that would be a weather and uv shield when it is rolled up. Sound like a business plan here . New Product .
Thinking the same thing. That 18 foot awning was a major selling point for us and we want to take care of it.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:17 PM   #23

State: Arizona
THOR #17071
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
Thinking the same thing. That 18 foot awning was a major selling point for us and we want to take care of it.
What about those awning covers I've seen for sale? Basically, looks like it's just a split PVC pipe, that goes on the rolled up awning. Anyone have experience and comments on one of these, for storage and whenever the awning isn't extended?
Old 10-18-2020, 11:25 PM   #24

State: New York
THOR #18343
It’s actually very easy to replace! When you buy your new awning it comes with very specific instructions! One you disassemble the frame it actually slides out and the new one back in very easy! I think the hardest part is rewinding the crank! You have to count the turns when disassembling and crank the same plus one when putting it back together. Awnings are actually very reasonable.
Old 10-27-2021, 10:16 PM   #25

Model: Freedom Elite
State: Florida
THOR #14082
So: an update. October 2020 my querry was to use Gorilla Tape or Eternabond.
I used Eternabond. One year later and many many 2 and 3 and 4 week excursions all using my awning. Today, October 2021, I see no issues. It is strong as “all get out”. Still looks nice and white. I live in Florida so the tape see mucho grande sun and UV’s. And I see not effect. I placed the tape only on the top side since I felt it would be too stiff to apply on the top and bottom of the awning fabric. The only issue I found last week was the fabric, being slightly porous allowed some of the adhesive to bleed through and would slightly retard the extension of the awning at the very ed of it’s extension op. But just very slight. The weight of the fabric at the end of the awning extension process simply helped to release any of the adhesives residue. Last week I took a 4 inch piece of clear super tape called “The Original Fix Tape” and applied over the adhesive and I will see how that works. Bottom line: The Eternabond works and works well at the edge of the home, very well infact. I do not suggest putting it on any of the field area though because of the possible run through of the adhesive to the underside. Neat product. I found the “fix tape” at Valley Forge Auction and Wholesale” near a fantastic campgroung at Watauga Dam SP in NE Tennesse. Wonderful place if you can get a site.