Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2017, 04:05 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #6223
Axis 24.1 Window pillar problem

I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem with their front window pillars and windows. We have now had this into General RV 4 times for this same problem. The plastic pillar is pulling out from behind the frame and exposing the under layment. So far they have replaced the pillars twice saying they were cut wrong or too short and then decided it was the window frame. They had to order the frame from the window manufacturer. They replaced the frame and again they are separating. Now they are going to order new pillars (for the third time) and put them in. I am not confident that will fix the problem since we have been down that road two times before. I told my service rep that when they put the new pillars in and they separate, again, that we will have to sit down with managers/owners, etc and come up with a solution because I was not going to accept this. I was just wondering if anyone else is have this problem and what is being done or was done to fix the problem. The attached picture is the latest separation. It is not very noticeable at the moment but I know it will get worse and it happens on both sides. The prior separations were much worse, but the separation seems to get worse over time. There was no separation the first three months we had the Axis. Thanks in advance for any input.
Click image for larger version

Name:	window pillar enhanced.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	7746

Old 11-12-2017, 04:43 PM   #2

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Ours has done the same thing and honestly, it is something that I haven't gotten to. I will ask my RV service center if they have any ideas this week. I recall a RV body shop suggested some type of filler caulking. I'll let you know.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:16 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
We've had this issue sort of: They have separated in the middle but are quite firm at the top and bottom.

I tried to use some epoxy to hold one side in, didn't seem to make that much of a difference. That discussion is here: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...-off-8614.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:57 PM   #4

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Same problem, very common. I solved the problem by renaming it. Instead of
the usual "crappy thor qc" or "incompetent rv dealer service dept" it is now termed "random design element" and is pointed to with pride when some ask about it and are told that not all are privileged to have it. Its cosmetic.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote